Sunday, June 08, 2008

and... I'm home

lol.... I had to! The booth next to us at the show was selling these "Texas" longhorn , die cuts, and gave me one. The minute I saw it I new I would use a photo of it for the beginning of my first post , back from TX.
I just got home late this morning. I've really done nothing but start laundry, so I have lots of catching up to do around here..but wanted to blog quick, because I have so many photos to share, over the next couple of days.
Jarad picked me up from the airport , so I got time to chat with him on the way home. The boys are so busy.. I'm thrilled anytime I get to talk with them one on one. Best part of the day.
First I have to share a couple of funny things I saw at the show. Lauren Vargas's "T" shirt tickled me.
Some days I feel this way. ha!
She told me she has 5 blogs!! She's a professional blogger. You can check her out here

How's this for great advertising? This store owners son was a walking ad..with these boxes stacked on him with the store logo on the side of them. He just waddled around ... jabbering on, about the store and it's booth number. Cracked me up!

Speaking of funny. Sandy's Husband Scott has quit a sense of humor himself. If you look at our booth in the photo below you can kind of see that there are two table areas , one at each end of the front of the booth. The one on the left, is where I did demo's and answered questions, and the one on the right is where he ran the register.
At one point I took a couple of things that were on "my" table that belonged on "his" , over to him and said... "Scott, can you please try to keep "YOUR" stuff , on "YOUR" side" (I was kidding with him.. of course). He laughed..but I should have known he would get me back.
The next thing I knew he had a piece of chalk out and had drawn this line on the floor.. RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE BOOTH! with a "V" on my side , and a "S" on his side. .. and was taunting me to cross it.



We hammed it up a bit for this photo Sandy took.

He's a funny guy ..that Scott! lol I'm telling you , I could not ask for better people to spend the last few days with. I miss them already.

I thought I'd share with you some of the goodies I purchased to bring home with me.
Like I don't have enough Jennie Bowlin... but really, in my book... can your EVER have enough Jennie Bowlin? I want it all,... and I want it now! (oh yeah)




Got me some Prima Paintable to play with too.



Oh.. and remember that little wire stand... I love it! I just sat it here for now.. it will be the perfect place to hang cards and atc's I've gotten from friends.




These are a few of the other goodies I brought home. I found all my favorite things at the best booth. (right behind us at the show) CRAFTY SCRAPPER. Carolyn and the girls from the store were just across from us at the show last year, and just behind us at the show this year. They are a great bunch of girls. I hope someday to visit the actual store, because she always has a best stuff. All my faves! If your ever in the area... Crafty Scrapper is located in Waxahachie TX... and I can bet..just from seeing what she has at the shows , that it would be well worth the trip.


These are "some" of the goodies I got here. ( along with all the yummy "Jenni stuff")


fantastic booth// girls...wtg!


I got some of these papers there also. They are by "graphic 45".

and there was a great selection of them.




I got this cool thing too.
They had a lot of different and interesting things in this booth. I just can seem to find the card with the company name and website on it right now.. when I find it , I'll link to them here.
Here are some photos of the cool wood things they had. They had lots of samples of them altered, and it different sized. They can be used to hang altered tag, projects and even layouts.



I loved this dress form , and these cute little terrycloth cupcakes.
and these
and these.

Then I found some of the most beautiful hand made papers I have ever seen.

These are the ones that came home with me!!!! Wooo Hooo! They are flocked and Soooo gorgeous! I'm not sure what I'm doing with them at this point but for now.. I'm enjoying them rolled and propped up in the corner of my studio.

The name of the company is Paper Planet

The colors were stunning.. I wanted them all!!
I tried to be disciplined here... because I could have done some serious $$ damage.

Tomorrow I'll show you some more photos of the Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Booth and the new Tattered Angels products... ( and other goodies)
_________________________________________________
Okay.. back to my pile of laundry.
Missed you guys!

16 comments:

rose said...

oh my gosh look at all this awesome stuff,got the jenni b stuff same love it ,the blue music script is stunning now have all the prima paintable but so now needing these.grief glad I was not in "T" plastic would have been in melt down lol!!!
Look forward to this week when you do some enabling lol!! missed you!

Sharon in NE said...

I missed you too! So much great stuff there! I think you showed great discipline. :D

Precious Treasures said...

Glad you are back and that you had fun. We just got home from the Fremont crop and we cropped to the music on your web site. :)

I thought it was funny as I bought that same cherry paper this weekend and all the papers that went with it. I love that line!

MJ said...

You had a great time! Glad you made it back safe & sound!

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh wow.Thanks for taking time to show a few of your goodies!! It'll be fun to see what you do with it all!!!

Tandra said...

Great pics of some great products! Im drooling!
I have a link to a site called Doodlie-Doo, and they have those wooden album hangers like you showed- was that the name of th ecompany?
Here is the link-(hope it posts correctly!
http://www.doodliedoo.com/wood.html

Beth Leintz said...

Oh man, you pictures make me want to do some SERIOUS crafty shopping-what GREAT stuff- can't wait to see what you make.

bnovacek said...

i love that first photo of you!!! so funny! and those flocked papers-yum! glad you're home safe!

Lana said...

such yummie photos! and you are too cute - getting punched LOL.
that T-shirt is a riot! Glad it was a good trip!

Shawn said...

Looks like a fun time and I love all of those papers!!!

harrahx2 said...

Looks like someone had fun.

harrahx2 said...

Looks like someone had fun.

deb said...

wow wow WOW! Awesome stuff, huh??! I love jenni b too!

Delaney Gates said...

Ooh, all of those things look wonderful! And the flocked paper? Holy cow! I'd have trouble controlling my spending if I came within a block o' THAT goodness. :)

chelemom said...

Love all of this!!! WOW!!!

Ruth said...

Drake would freak over your Texas die cut. We would have little longhorns all over our house.