Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"I inspire Me" blog post today

I just have to tell you I am so excited about the new " I inspire Me" blog that Lana started up. I look so forward to seeing what the girls draw their inspiration from , with each post. If you haven't checked it out yet.. you have to see today's post! Wow! I love the idea of this
You can check it out here I inspire Me blog.
This is my inspiration for time. I was inspired by this old fan in my mud/laundry room. I took inspiration from the round shape and the open areas in it.. letting the color of the wall behind to show through.

So I used a round PageFrame for my layout base.. and a transparent overlay.

I cut the pieces of green paper to fit the paisley shapes , and added them behind. I added the flower ..inspired by the pitcher of flowers in the photo.. and the metal buckle drawn from the idea of "bond".
This photo was from Mothers Day.. it's Mom, Jan, Neely and I.


I have been having so much fun with this inspiration blog! Thanks Lana for pulling it all together and for inviting me to be a part of things.
________________________________________________________
also... want to wish my sweet friend Catherine a Happy Birthday today!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAT! (party like a rock star girl!)lol
and a belated Birthday to my dear friend Janel!!! It was great talking with you today friend!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANEL!

************************************************
Now.... go conquer the day girls!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Great interpretation of your fan! I like how the paisley echoes the shapes of the fan blades. Very clever. :)

rose said...

oh wow ,WOW WOW!! I just love this masterpiece it is amazing. Iam so naughty been on over to lana`s and need to get this old hiney out and do something !! OH thanks hon my Challenge piece arrived safely today,oh I cannot wait to start workin this lot
Once again I just cannot get over this piece....

Shawn said...

That is beautiful!!! Love the hand picture! Of course happy bday to Cat!!!!!

janel said...

Thank you so much...you are so sweet!
Love that circle page frame layout, and have to say...that fan is too cool! Reminds me of my Iowa days. Off to check out inspire me....:)

Jeanie said...

Sounds like a great spot! You certainly found your inspiration! This is terrific!

mphoinix said...

Miss Vicki I hope you come to visit next time in your florida :)
This page is beyond fabulous :)
Have a great bless week,
Maggie

Viv (VivLyn) said...

I love your inspiration piece from your fan and flowers! It's beautiful and I love how you did the paisleys! Beautiful job Vicki! I received my challenge kit yesterday and can't wait to get started!

Vicki said...

Oh wow! This is fab!