Tuesday, June 10, 2008

" I inspire me" blog project

Yippee.. today I can share one of the things I've been so excited about, and tell you more about it. It's a new "inspiration blog" hosted by Lana Rapette. I'm excited and thrilled to have been asked to be a part of this..because I think the idea behind it is fantastic! It's linked below... be sure to hope over and check out the first "real" post, and see what the girls came up with. I am looking at everything around me so differently after seeing this post. I havent been this inspired by something , as I am this , for a long time. It's really exciting to me!
...

Here's how Lana explains it on the blog




Hey hey scrappers!I got this crazy fun idea and thought it might make a cool inspiration blog that we can all participate in! The idea is simple; I inspire me & you inspire you! Thus the title "I INSPIRE ME". Not enough description? What if I said it like this: we get our page ideas from ourselves by looking around at what we already love and have chosen to have in our lives. You see I've recently been in a creative rut (aka "crut") and today realized I could really benefit from lifting my own ideas that I'd already thought of!! These creative ideas are in how I decorate my home, how I dress, how I organize my cupboards... literal translations from a 3D home to a 12x12 page.So this "I Inspire Me" blog is as much a photo challenge as it is a scrapping challenge. Look around your home in new ways.If you like how your pictures sit on the mantel - use it as a page design!If you like how your shiny jewelry sparkles off the dresser - make some metallic embellishments!If you love cords in the fall - make a corduroy fabric background!Large scale, big walls or detailed finishes - whatever you love - translate it to scraps.







********************************* How fun huh?.... You can check out the new blog

here at "I inspire me" ( the blog)






******

So...here goes my inspiration and the layout I created from it..



** The inspiration for this layout came from my kitchen. I guess actually the inspiration comes from a number of things. The colors .. vintage things, and from the "homey" feel I get from these things. I used the colors on the layout , and a vintage photo. The photo is of my Grandma with her Extension club group.




Here is my layout -




Here is my inspiration-





I had decided I wanted to use a page out of this old embroidery book, and when I looked through it and saw this title at the top of the page.. I KNEW it was the page I was going to use.
I wanted to incorporate stitching, (hand and machine), vintage buttons,trims and fabric.



The arrow points to my Gram. My Grandma belonged to this extension club for over 50 years.



I love this photo. My Grandma lived in a "very" small town..so I'm assuming this was a major outing to a large town for a shopping day, and to meet up with other extension club women from other surrounding small towns.



There were so many great images in the Crafty Secrets "Homemade" Image and Journal book, I had a hard time deciding which ones to use.

I decided on this one with the journaling lines, and the yellow one with the chicken at the top. I also used the one along the side that says, "vegetable seeds".



I love to embroider.. just don't seem to find the time to do it anymore. I decided I was going to do a little on this page. This was the actual page pattern from the book. I just stitched it onto the layout.

I decided I would share a few other photos of "color" inspiration from my kitchen , for this page.




This framed project is one I did for my kitchen , some time ago.

Some things on top of my cupboards.


Some "vintage" bowls.. and some from "Target". lol








Hope you cant enlarge these photos...you might see some dust. eeek lol




I also made this pennant valance quite some time ago from Fancy Pants Papers. (see... I told you .. pretty soon, my entire house will be made of paper , if I don't stop). lol



I had so much fun with this " inspiration" .. I cant wait to do the next one!
Be sure to go over to the "inspiration blog" and see what everyone has done. It's defiantly INSPIRING! We'd love to have you play along!

22 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

I love it!! That may be just the thing I need to get me going for my own scrap book slump.

btw, dust is nature's protective covering. ;)

Shawn said...

What a fun blog and a great idea! Thanks for letting us know! :) Hope you are doing well, seems like it has stormed at home way to much this year!

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Vicki, I love your page! Everything from the page out of the book with your stitching to the arrow pointing to your gram. The yellow edged trim looks terrific and all your sewing...it has that homey look to it! Perfect!!

Sugar Bear said...

You are definitely one inspiring lady! This sounds like something you will have lots of fun with.
Karla

Judy & Sheri said...

Great idea...Will have to check it out!!

Judy B

Nat said...

such a fun and wonderful idea- love your layout!

~Amie~ said...

your stitching is so fabulous with the photograph! Awesome!!

Tabitha W. said...

what great inspiration! and such prettys you have in your home :) everytime i visit your blog i leave inspired....thank you!!

rose said...

oh what a fantastic page and the colors you have choosen are perfect!!!!what are great blog we all need some inspiration

Melissa said...

How beautiful---oh my goodness! You amaze me---I just adore your title---and those yummy colors, and your timeless style of course!
melis

Michelle said...

WOW! I love that page! It looks just like you... based on how you've decorated! I love the stitching

Catherine said...

I love your take on the challenge, the colors are so bright and happy, and your embroidery is perfect addition to it!

stampqueen said...

Love your page - great images and stitches. Whole house of paper eh - gives a new meaning to the phrase "house of cards" :) - I could wallpaper most of my house in cards :).
Take Care
Tera

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angie said...

That is the most incredible layout I have ever seen. WOW!!!! I am going to check out the new blog right now.

janel said...

Vic, I love how you stitched on your page. Love the embroidery! You just know how to make it feel just right. Of course, that smiling cookie jar is a fav of mine. Hope you are safe and sound with the winds that went thru your area today.
Great post!

Charmingdesigns said...

How neat!!! I just love your posting!!! I love your dish with the polkadots!!!! Wonderful little birdie! laurie

Natasha Burns said...

What a great idea! I love what you did and how you were inspired, the layout is great!

DeniseLynn said...

What a great idea! Duh - I should have thought of that. *wink* And your page is super cute. And Yum that stiching you did and then leaving the needle - it's delicious!! I'm heading over to her blog next. I adore your kitchen photos. Thanks for sharing; love your style girl.

sherri (Tied Up In Ribbons) said...

love the kitchen views--so cute and the layout is absolutely awesome---Love all the layers & mixed crafts within it. FAB U LOUS.

Country Liv . . . said...

How charming and warm your kitchen is! I want to come over right now and sit down and chew the fat over a glass of sweet tea! The layout is fabulous! All the extra touches you put on it, like the embroidery! where in the world did you locate that eyelet lace with the yellow edge? Haven't seen any of that in eons. Truly a lovely post. I went over to the Inspire Me blog-it's a great idea. It's so impressive that everyone wants a piece of 'Vicki C!' Is there any left over for hubby and the kids?
Take good care of yourself, we'd be lost without you!
Hugs,
Liv

MJ said...

I'm a little concerned when you start making paper valances. Please don't start making real people houses?! Remember the story of the 3 little pigs? The one who built her house from paper? LOL!