Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Set up

Well things are set up and really to go! Tomorrow is the first day the show is open.
Thought I'd show you how it all starts.
yep...this is it. LOTS of boxes and a bare (10x20) space.
Grid wall goes up and then product. LOTS of product! If you haven't checked out the Crafty Secrets for a bit... you should...because they have added ALOT of new products!

Papers, Clear Art stamps , wood albums, cotton scraps, sweet chips outfits, and house, Sweet Chips album,Vintage cardstock stickers, cuts and more.

Sorry about the stinky photo... I'm using a different photo editing software program than I normally use. I'm thankful Wes uploaded one on the laptop before we left.. so I at least have one... I just need to get used to it.


Setting up the grids is really not time consuming at all, it's making sure everything gets out , and that everything has a place. Each show set up is somewhat different , so it isn't like you get it down pat, from doing it the same each time, over and over. Always differences. Sandy has done this hundreds of times.. and still there is a lot of thought and planning to make it all work out.



My favorite part of set up is getting to see the other DT members samples ... in real life...instead of on the computer. I'm always in awe. Those girls do amazing work! You can see their creations online,in the Crafty secrets Gallery.
************
Oh... also, before I forget ...be sure to check out the contest going on , over on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog. ***Sandy's giving away a $100 , and a $50 Gift Certificate.
http://heartwarmingvintage.blogspot.com/
*****
Ok... off to bed for me... Tomorrow will be a busy day!
I'll be back to share photos!




10 comments:

Valonda L. said...

There's just something about rows of beautiful product all lined up! I love it, call me crazy, but it's the same thing with laundry I've just folded and put away...lined up perfectly in it's proper place. It's a beautiful thing. Looks like fun!!!

harrahx2 said...

I will say aprayer for a perfect weather time and a great show!

rose said...

ohhhh now i would love the be among all this on the stands oh
that DST stuff looks wonderful,bet it is even better IRL

cindy said...

I had a blast getting to meet you today. Loved all the things you had displayed. The booth looked fantastic and now I wish I had bought more! : D

c

Rainy said...

Vicki, this is really a fluke. I came across your blog via an email I received today from split coast stampers. I live just a couple miles from the show in Arlington. I'm just now getting in to fairies and am trying to learn how to make them. My first attempt wasn't great. I need to know where that Antique store is? My husband may no and is keeping it from me for good reasons. Will you be at the show this Saturday? I didn't plan on coming, but would love to see your products. Please respond if if possible Thanks

Rainy said...

Vicki, this is a fluke. I came across your blog by accident today through Split Coast Stampers. I live about 2 miles from the Arlington show. I just recently decided I would like to make some fairies with old pictures of family members. My first attempt didn't turn out so hot. I would like to see your booth and pick your brain on fairy assembly. Do you plan on being there on Saturday?

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki,

From your biggest fan. And friend. Enjoyed talking to you today at the show!
Trudy & Valerie

~Sasha Farina~ said...

goodness... what an array of goodies! *drools*

Catherine said...

Looks like you had lots of fun setting everything up, looks beautiful!

Can you skype yet?

rbnwood said...

Vicki - It was nice meeting you today at the Scrapbook convention. Sarah and I shopped till we dropped but liked the Crafty Secrets Booth the best!!!!