Monday, June 16, 2008

Upcoming Card Challenge and other Wed stuff

Well, if this photo didn't get your attention I don't know what will. lol Last night Weston was home for a bit so I had him help me get my web cam and Skype set up on my computer. I've been wanting to get it done so I can chat with Cat and my friend Nat in Germany. I have to say, that there is never a dull moment with this one around! He cracks me up!

_______________________________________________________
Below is what I worked on putting together today. Card kits for a card challenge.

The last time I did one of these card kit challenges, I promised to give everyone a "heads up" when I was going to do other. I guess something to do with the feeds not coming out until the next day, for some of those who subscribe.. left them in the dark, until it was all filled up. So to be fair... I wanted to let everyone know that I will be posting announcing it tomorrow afternoon.
When I post tomorrow afternoon...... I'll take down names , and send card kit's out to the first 20 who post , saying they would like to play along. (BTW... it's fair to play even if you played last time.. as long as you're one of the first 20 to comment)
All of the kit's will be a bit different but all using Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Images.

Like I said , each will be different this time.. so I just opened up a couple to give you an idea of kind of what will be inside.


here's another.
(you dont have to use ALL of what's inside.. just what you want)
I'll post more about the challenge tomorrow afternoon.
______________________________________________________


I'm sharing a couple more of the layouts I did with the June ScrapMuse kit. I challenged myself to try to do a couple of "boy" and "guy" themed layouts .. to show that it works for "non" girlie layouts too.



This photo is from the day, Griff was out and we blew bubbles on the front porch.







I was digging in my "punch" drawer and ran across this "ribbon punch".. decided to dust it off and put it to use. (That's what made the dashes across the top of the printed paper)




you can see it better here.


This photo of Wes and I was taken a couple years ago ,at Thanksgiving. I added glitter to the Chipboard letters, and used one of the flourished as an "S".. since I had used them up on another project.





I'm lov'n those Fancy Pants overlays. ( those come with the glitter already on them).. even better! lol
Love the look of glitter, just not the mess. Probably why I like Glimmer Mist so much huh?
__________________________________________________________
Speeking of Challenges... we would LOVE you have you come play along over at the inspiration blog Lana got started. "I inspire me". It's so fun! and if you needed to be motivated .. just check out what you could win this time! HERE ( the good stuff!) lol
This is our first challenge since Lana got the blog up and rolling ... Come play with us!!!
***************************************************************
Well, it 's back to work for me. You're just lucky you didn't get the "Valentine" projects post today. lol If you thought I was pushing it with my "winter" projects , the other day.
Last night I worked on Valentine cards! lol

11 comments:

Viv (VivLyn) said...

I certainly would love to be in on your kits, so will keep my eyes posted for the announcement! They look darling! You really have me hooked on vintage...Wanda from The Rats Pajamas told me I had stepped over to the "dark side" and it's very addictive. I haven't done much but I'm collecting whatever I can that is vintage. Thanks for the great inspiration!

rose said...

oh ROFL what a face how did he manage that!!
love the layout and string around the letter on griffs layout so colorful and love the one of wes and you ,love that overlay and wonderful work
oh the challenge packs look wonderful

rbnwood said...

Valentines already? :)

Elaine said...

Vicky I will likely be stalking you tomorrow! LOL

MJ said...

How nice of you to prepost the rules! I'm sure those participating like it too!

I appreciated seeing less "girly" scrapbook pages. For the life of me, I can't include flowers on a page unless it is about summer or spring or has some flower thing happening on it. I try and try but the flowers always get shoved to the side ~ and I have 2 girls?! Don't worry: I don't understand me either!

Elly said...

This time I don't leave my p.c.! Your cardkits are sóóó lovely!
Your l.o.'s are great, love the Fancy pants glitters! And those papers are perfect for boy-ish l.o.'s too! TFS!

Scrapthat said...

Beautiful Kits!! I would love to play along to...Crazy for anything with the vintage feel to it!
I just love all the inspiration on your blog and the fact you update so regularly!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Dolly

Carmen said...

I sure do enjoy your website...LOVE the vintage look of your creations. Thank you so much for sahting, and I would LOVE to be in on your kits! :-)

Thanks, Carmen

Anneli said...

I love to play also but I don't know if I am already to late....Greetings from Europe!

Precious Treasures said...

Love those buttons.

There is something special between a mother and son.

Swede said...

Oh yes, I want to play. Love your cards and blog. Funny face on cam. lol