Sunday, July 06, 2008

Glimmer Glass Window Album

If you mix this....
and this....
you can make a really fun "glimmery" album like this.
***
This was so fun to work on.. actually I had it finished Friday night. lol I just couldn't put it down.
The only thing I haven't decided is if I even want to put a title on the front of the book? After taking a look.. if you have any suggestions on a title, and if is should have on.. I'd love to hear them.
It's just a little book of my favorite "nature" photos and "nature" quotes
I love taking nature photos.. so I have alot of them. I hate that they aren't in a book.. so eventually, I'm going to have them all , in some kind of book (or books).
The album comes with the butterfly in the front and the ones that extent from the pages.




The designs on the pages are all done using Glimmer Mist and Glimmer Screens.




I have to say.. I think this flourish is my very favorite!





It's clear (but already tinted with color .. and the darker edge). You can also spray them with Glimmer Mist.


I used Diamond Glaze or Crystal Lacquer to adhere there. I just use my finger and spread a thin layer all across the piece. You cant see it at all , once it's down.



I love how the colors can be blended. I added a couple of Fancy Pants Rubons to this page.






I love this decorative oval frame too!


I didn't add any Glimmer Mist to the top of this frame.. but you certainly can.



I bent the wings up on this little butterfly and just adhered it in the center.. so it have the wings lifted.






Check out this beautiful tree pattern. ( I used one of the trees from the set of "tree" Glimmer Screens)




There are so many colors to choose from .. and so many more you can achieve by overlapping and blending as you go..that the possibilities are endless.







Okay.. Needs a title??? Any ideas? Help me out here. lol



I love doing mini albums anyway.. but this really fun.
________________________________________________________
I just broke down and turned the air conditioner on a little bit ago. It was such a LONG winter.. I was not going to close the house up , until It was so miserable humid hot..that I had to.
"Miserable humid and hot" finally hit BIG time today. lol
I'm in for the day... working on projects .. so it's time. CHA is coming fast. Still lots to do before then. I'm so excited about all the new product.. and cant wait to share. Soon!



















27 comments:

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Vicki, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! You have me sold on the album and screens! I already have several bottles of the mist but probably not in the right colors! LOL Are these products available for sale yet? Now to find a place around here.....

Shawn said...

That is a really cute album!!!! I love the butterflies they made extend! How about "Nature's beauty"? It's hot here too the humidity is horrible today!

KaReN EiLeeN said...

Loved your beautiful work. Quite a project. I am still thinking of a title for your daisy photo....

KAREN EILEEN

~liz said...

ooooh I've got a great title. How about NATUR(e)ally. Kind of a play on the word nature and naturally. You could used all caps with the word NATURE and then add the ally or drop the e and add ally or put the e and parens like above. Or just spell the word correctly Naturally....

You know Vicki I just love your stuff. You are so beautiful. I just had a quick question, I know you will find this very hard to believe, but I don't have any glimmer mists. SHOCKING I know. So my question is if someone were to invest in SOME glimmer mists which ones/colors are good basics to have on hand as staples in the ole craft shop?

Also, I know you have done a lot of posts with these glimmer mists but how do you use them? Maybe you could do a tutorial to show me step by step? I don't know that's probably a dumb question.

Thanks for all of your design ideas I love this book I might need one. winkwink

~liz said...

Ok I'm just so moved by your nature album I had to make another comment =D. I love the butterfly stencil page. I love your quotes that you used. Henry David Thorough is one of my favorite all time poets. Just love your nature album. Another title popped into my mind how about The Little Book of Nature Quotes. I know not that original but I like it too.

chelemom said...

Just an incredible album!!! WOW!!!!

QC said...

WOW ~ that is an amazing piece of art!!

Can't help with a title ~ perhaps another wonderful quote on the cover with the word *nature* on vellum over top? I'm sure whatever you come up with will be stunning!

KimmyS said...

Well I was sort of right then when I said that I give you until today to finish the album. Awesome work!!!

As for a title, what about:
Sprinkles of nature
Nature's glimmer

Rainy said...

It beautiful as I knew it would be, and I love the pictures. I vote for Shawn's comment I like Nature's Beauty! I sure wouldn't mind a tutorial or you could hurry and put out a book on it also. LOL

happiness blooms said...

Oh for the love of all things beautiful, you made this on FRIDAY? This should be published for sure! Vic, you are always blowing me away, but this project is probably my favorite! I can really see your love for nature's beauty in it.

Jessica said...

Your album turned out beautifully! I love the stenciled scrolls. My favorite page is the birdhouse picture, just gorgeous! Great idea to make an album of quotes and photos.

pattie said...

Wow, this is the most gorgeous album I have ever seen. Just beautiful. I love butterflies, I have one on my ankle. When will this be available for purchase? Thanks for sharing. Pattie Brown
pattie-cake@cox.net

Kay said...

Beautiful, Vicki. Just gorgeous!

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh man!!! I am drooling over those glimmer mists!!! Your album is so beautiful! You always amaze me...you get so much done...and its always so perfect!lol. Love it! Laurie

Theresa said...

This is beautiful! I have got to get my hands on this album and some of these screens!!! YAY! awesome idea! Thanks for sharing!

isascrapandstamp said...

Beautifully gorgeous book Vicky !! can't wait til we get more screens in the shop !
isa x

rose said...

oh you have me all of a flutter,wow this is just amazing
just love the stencil work and all the detailing,photos wonderful how about "magical moments"

Erika H. said...

This is SO gorgeous! I just love every page....wow!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW!! This album is beautiful! I too love taking pics of nature and need to get them in an album. I also love doing the small mini albums as I can complete them quickly and it is a good feeling to have an album "done" Ü

When I looked at the pages you had done, this quote from Emerson comes to mind..

"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

V said...

That is soooo gorgeous! I can't think of a title that really does it justice. The only thing that I can think of doesn't really fit the photos.

I want one. :)

V

The Vintage Studio said...

Vicki, this is just stunning! Your photos alone are always gorgeous, but this book really showcases them! I can't decide which is my favorite page! Thank you for making something so amazing!

harrahx2 said...

Love your work. How about Nature's many paths.........seems like you have lots of paths throughout. Beautiful.

DeniseLynn said...

WOW!!!!!
How about "Glimmering Seasons"
or "God's Creations"
or add Glimmer in that one too ... you know, because of the glimmer mist of course.
Or "Seasons of Change"
or "Gentle Nature"
or "My He{art} His art"

Whatever you come up with I know it will be wonderful.

Susan said...

Vicki,
This album is stunning! I love it. My first thought when I saw it was to use the title "Just Naturally." YOur work is always beautiful.
Susan

Sam Morris said...

WOW! Every page just made my jaw drop in wonder!! Utterly inspirational, LOVE it all!!

Her Vintage Stage said...

This is the best book I've seen that inspired me in a long time! Just beautiful work. Sandy.

geishagal said...

Hi Vicki, Natures Bounty, or The Road to Bountiful, I think that was a book I read in college many moons ago. How bout Flutter buys? I live in Texas and I've never heard of Glimmer Mist. No, I don't live in the sticks, it's the Dallas metroplex. Can't wait for it to get here. Honestly, I haven't even heard of the magazine. I'll have to ask the local bookstores to carry it. Can't wait. Sylvia