Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Celebration of 30 years






















Today we celebrated My brother and sister-in-laws 30th Anniversary. It was a nice day.. and really great to be together with the fam.
It's amazing how time goes by so fast some times , isnt it?
Doesn't seem like it could be 30 years have passed...because it sure doesn't feel like it to me .
It was really fun looking back through their wedding photos
today at the gathering. We've all changed ,that's for sure. lol
There where some retro styles going on , I can tell you that much. lol

I made this project below for them for their anniversary, and my brother was giving me grief about using that photo of him. I laughed and pointed to what everyone looked like in the photos.. , and what we were all wearing 30 years ago.. and trust me ... we were all "Styl'n" lol Oh.. some good laughs!


Like I tell my boys... you better stop laughing at all photos of dad and I ,because trust me... down the road a few years ...you'll be laughing at what you are wearing right now! lol
It's still unbelievable to me that elephant bell jeans and shag hair cuts could have gone out of style so fast. lol





I was so happy Amy and John were able to come today. It seems like so long since we've gotten to see baby Addison. Look how she's grown...

and her hair keeps getting redder! Yippee! I love it!


she's a little doll!


And then there's the Grifster... to entertain me.


Aidan and Griff, think I'm funny when I'm being a scary monster. (I don't think , I'm a very good Scary Monster).



Brent and Addison
Great Grandma and Addison




Our once "little boys" of the family , are suddenly handsome young men. Another example of "Where is the time going"?


Oh.. how I would love to have heard this conversation... Because I just know it had to be hysterical.. knowing these two.
It was a great day all around!
Thanks for letting me share my family with you!


10 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

Griffin's eyes are beautiful. Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed them.

Susan said...

Vicki,
Loved all the family photos - that wedding pic is hysterical - we all have one! Those little ones are adorable and little Addison is precious! I think she looks alot like you! Sounds like it was a great day.
Susan

Robin W. said...

Where does the time go? Thanks so much for sharing, I got a chuckle out of that picture of your brother because I remember wearing "elephant ear" pants and that hair style was normal for the times. Addison is just a doll and looks so precious! Happy Sunday to you. Take Care - Robin

janel said...

What a beautiful family. Love that all the generations were there. Your album is a real keepsake. Time does pass in spite of us, doesn't it. By the way....you know I am loving that little red head!
Happy Sunday to you.

Michelle said...

I love your family pictures! It looks like you had a great time! Not many people make it to 30 years anymore

Elly said...

What a lovely family-pictures!!! Love the present for your brother and your SIL, it's absolutely gorgeous! And that picture of them is just great! I don't know if you like it, but I've a little surprise for you on my blog!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Wish I could give Addison a squeeze. What a cutie! Twyla

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Great pictures! Your family is such a sweet looking bunch! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Tabitha W. said...

30 years of marriage in today's time is quite an accomplishment! you have a beautiful family, thanks for sharing with us!

rose said...

oh what a beautiful keepsake you have created here! oh shag haircuts oh ROFL! now thats I could story I can tell with my first oh geez did I get told off from my father !I will save it for later..
OH look at addison oh so sweet and wow shes growing so fast
looks and sounds like a wonderful family time together day