Saturday, July 05, 2008

Work day at Moms


We had a work day at moms today.. just fixing things around the house, and doing some things mom needed some help with. She does FANTASTIC for 86 that's for sure..but this was a day for the bigger projects. It was just what I needed... a day with the fam! I am so so lucky to have these people in my life! I thought to myself on the way home today.. what could make someone feel more loved than to see her family ,...her Children, Grandchildren and Greatgrandchildren, come together for a day like this .. simply because they love her SO much.. just want her to be comfortable , not have to worry and know she will be taken care of. I remember when my dad was sick and knew his time was coming.. he would say.. "you kids look after your mom". Thankyou God for blessing me with this family.

7 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

That IS wonderful! I bet she was so delighted to have all those things fixed. sigh...knowing she's happy and safe makes you feel good, doesn't it?

Vicki said...

What a wonderful way of showing how much you love and care for your mom. Great that everyone helps!

rose said...

oh how wonderful all the family been together and pulling all the stops out and doing all this out of LOVE,family is so important and we take things for granted ,so very much Great quality time together on days like this and plenty of laughs .

Rainy said...

What a great family, you are truly blessed! Your Mother does not look 86 years old! I'm just so impressed with how much you accomplish in a day. Is there a cape hanging somewhere we don't know about? LOL

Deb S. said...

well that brought tears to my eyes! i love how your family loves each other so much vic! i'm sure your mom felt special,cause she is!thanks for sharing with us all the great loving photos of your day.

harrahx2 said...

Life really is good, isn't it?

MJ said...

Your family is blessed to have you too!