Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Glimmer Mist Frame / More Cards from the Challenge

I wanted to show you this frame I just finished so you could see how cool Glimmer Mist looks over paint. Again.. always wish you could see it in person, it's hard to capture it with a photo.


I had this frame already painted and in my "to alter" box. One of those things I must have started and then changed my mind, and moved on to something else. (I've been known to do this often.) lol Anyway... I just roughed up the edges with sandpaper for a more distressed look and then spritzed the entire thing with "Copper" Glimmer Mist. I set it aside to let it dry ,and then worked on the other pieces. ( you can click on it to see it larger if you wish)

When it come to the embossed chipboard butterfly and decorative corners.. I just let them dry completely, after spraying them with Glimmer Mist ( they started all white). Once they are totally dry, I just run my ink pad over the top of them , catching the high spots with the ink.


Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels



The embossed pieces are beautiful anyway, but when you and ink to the high spots the design just really becomes even more pronounced. ( they are self adhesive.. so you just peel and stick!)



Can you see the copper highlights on the frame?
The funny thing is.. the background paper I had make for this .. (using the swirl) Glimmer Screen... was so pretty in the frame , it was almost hard to put a photo in there and cover so much of it up. lol Framing those designs might be cool. thinking?? thinking???? lol

*********************************************************************



Just had to share this photo (Sandy sent me) , of Chelsea ( Sandy's sweet daughter), My niece Neely and Sandy, taken when they went to go see Neely band " Tilly and the Wall" perform in Vancouver on the Fourth.
They're all beauiful huh? It's so cute that they went to see her perform. Oh.. I wish I could have been there!
Chelsea, Neely and Sandy ( owner of Crafty Secrets)
____________________________________________________
****

Just an update on my friend Nancy and her daughter Sandy, since their house fire a few months ago. Julie and I had lunch with them yesterday and they are doing well. They just moved into a new house and are trying to replace everything and get settled in there.
It has been a rough time for them ... thank you all for your prayers and concern.
Sandy (Nancy's daughter) , Julie, Nancy and I
( Julie is my dear friend, and the teacher I worked for as a para for over 10 years. Nancy worked for Julie also.. that's how we all met. )

________________________________________________________________

Okay... more treats! Here are so more cards from the Challenge




Trish
blog-Tah Dah
Trish



_____________________________________________________________

Tabitha
blog-Living in the Moontime





____________________________________________________________

Bianca
blog-The Rambling Paper Crafter


Trisha

Beautiful work girls.. thanks again for playing along!!
____________________________________________


Okay.. I have some major work to get done today... send me some energy will you? lol






8 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

More wonderful cards! So much talent out there!

Here's a big hug...now get to work.

Angie said...

That frame is incredible Vicki, and I love everyones cards. I am glad your friend is doing well. House fires are so devistating my Brother and SIL had one about 5 years ago.

Sorry I have no energy to spare today, or I'd send you some.LOL

rose said...

oh please!you are such a tease,but love the frame and the copper worked awesome on this,you know if it stands still It gets sprayed here!
Oh great creations from the challenge here all are devine
Oh great pictures,glad your friend is finding her feet again,fires are devasting but to lose everything I could not imagine!
Right off to work you go sent you lots of energy and come on you need this stuff finished CHA not long now!!!

Vicki said...

These cards are fabulous! I can't wait to see more of them! Love your distressed glimmer frame!

Rainy said...

Once again, what can I say it is FABULOUS!!! I have to give those Glimmer Mist a try again. Honey, Energy is your middle name, or you could always pull that cape out you keep hidden. LOL Love seeing everyones different styles on the cards.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I Tried Glimmer Mist since you talk about it so highly, and you are right, it is one of my favorite crafting tools now!

Ali said...

Running to my fave online store to order me some Glimmer Mist! WOW: That frame is STUNNING! TYFS Vicki. Your creations take my breath away!

Catherine said...

What a great selection of cards! I am in love with that butterfly on the frame, it rocks!