Friday, July 11, 2008

Taylor Expressions Cupcake Cake Challenge #24

Wow.. here it is Friday already! Where did this week go? Friday, means it's another Taylor Challenge. And she ..once again, provided us with another great sketch.
Here's my card from this weeks sketch.


Here's Taylors sketch for this week.
While I had the papers out, I decided to make a set with another little gift card and and a tag.

The "Happy Birthday" on the large card is a Autumn Leaves rub on, but everything else it stamped with Crafty Secrets Clear Art stamps.
Even that little zig zag stitch is a stamp from the Sewing Set.

Craft Secrets has so many stamp sets to choose from now I cant believe it. As I was looking through them to make these cards.. I was just amazed. You can check them all out here.



The papers are Anna Griffin and Melissa Frances.

********Be sure to check out what the girls came up with this week********
Taylor Vangruggen-Taylored Expressions
Ana Wohlfahrt: Ink A Stamp
Stephanie Hargis: Steph's Stampin' Stuff
Jami Sibley: More is More
Mary Jo Albright: Beauty Lies Within
Monika Davis: M.A.D. Stamper
Lynn Mercurio: Stamperosity
and this weeks CupCake Sampler- Teri -Paper,Sissors{Stamps} ROCK

______________________________________________
OH.. the mail carrier just dropped of a box of BRAND NEW Fancy Pants!!! I gotta go check it out!
I'll share soon!!!






21 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

Oh yes!!! I love these! hmmm....I think I'm gonna try something similar. C'mon 5 o'clock!

Stephanie said...

Your card is gorgeous! I just love the paper that you used! Fantastic job!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow...what an awesome project. Love those papers...such a great card!

Jessica said...

Beautiful cards! I love the touch of black on each card.

mjalbright said...

Wow! The whole set is amazing. Great job. Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Love that vinatge feel - yummy!!!!

-Jami

Ana said...

So beautiful and shabby chic!!

Taylor said...

What a gorgeous card, Vicki! I love that vintagey happy birthday! Can't wait to see you in just a few more sleeps! :)

Mandy said...

What a neat take on this sketch! How elegant and pretty!

harrahx2 said...

I tried to google that Happy Birthday Rub on as it is beautiful. Can't find it! HELP..... Grat cards. I love them.

Shi said...

Love that Happy birthday! Very pretty card. So very feminine.

cindy said...

Cute, cute, cute!

c

rose said...

great take on the sketch,love the softness of the papers against the black stampin and rub ons ,love the pearls,just beautiful

Michelle said...

I love the birds... and the music! Great stuff!

Susan said...

Your card and tag are beautiful! And I love those papers. Fancy Pants - can't wait to see!
Susan

Ali said...

Vicki, that little card and tag set is ADORABLE,, what BEAUTIFUL art you've created. Classic and lovely, and the "stitching" looks perfect there. As always: so enjoyable! TYFS! :o) ~A

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Very cute! Yes, Crafty Secrets has a lovely selection of stamps! I have a lot of them and they are a lot nicer than some of the other acrylic stamps I have for stamping. I really need some of the new sets coming out that I've seen peaks of!

Rainy said...

Love, Love, Love the birds. Just bought a set made from Unity Stamp Company today with birds and owls. I actually found my first Crafty Secrets item today Cotton Scraps, at a stamp store. They only had two items, but she says they go fast and she is expecting more soon. Can't wait to see what she gets into the store. Love your work as always.

sherri (Tied Up In Ribbons) said...

I love that Bird Friends stamp set---Love what you did with them TOO!

Country Liv . . . said...

Oooh, Vicki! I'm loving the Taylor Expressions Cupcake Challenge! Your take on the sketches is always awesome and makes me want to make the same cards! (have to copy-don't have a lick of talent when it comes to cards!) Is Crafty Secrets going to expand their market share by coming East? They are no where to be found in my local craft shops and I do so want some of their stamps.
I know CHA is coming and you will be incommunicado for what? 3 days? Well, I will just have to hang on tight until you share with us.
Hugs,
Liv

Melissa said...

Oh how I love you, love you, love you and your amazing, beautiful creations----when can we meet up for you to tutor me?
melis