Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Altered Shadow box

I've been working on this little shadow box ..using Crafty Secrets new Image and Journal books and this (Dollar store) shadow box. I just painted 4 large wooden beads to add to the bottom.
As I was having fun making this , I was thinking "Why didn't I by more of these little Shadow boxes for a dollar? hmmm... Defiantly a deal!
I used the little fairy from the "Little Dolls" Image and Journal books.
The papers are also Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage. The scalloped edges are done using AccuCut card die (NC213CLC) A2 Card-Scalloped-Crease
It was hard to get a good shot with out getting the glare from the class. You can click to see the images larger.

Here you can see it a bit better with the lid open. To added dimension.. I added foam squares between he layers, under the little girl , the flowers ect.... You can see it a little better here.



I added some punched layered flowers, ribbon, gems and vintage lace to the box after white washing it.
______________________________________________________________

Wes was here for a bit today , on the way to Wayne. He had to run in to Fremont for a few things and look for a new pair of shoes... so he asked if I wanted to go along. ( umm.. let me think this through.. he has his motor cycle here.. so I'm thinking either I'm driving or he needs to borrow my car? lol) Anyway... I went in with him, it was nice to have time to chat with him. I should have known better, knowing he was going to look for shoes. ... MY WEAKNESS.
I CAN NOT RESIST SHOES! ( but in my defense ..they were on sale!) Really they were!
___________________________________________________
I have to say... I am so glad my kids have a fantastic sense of humor.. they constantly make me laugh with their "weirdness" lol
I laughed so hard today when Wes was here, because he saw me come around the corner with my camera when we was leaving today..... and.....
here is before he noticed my camera
Here is what he did ..when he saw my camera. lol What a dork lol( I guess he gets that from his mother) lol Seriously.. look at his face! Not to mention the way he's walking! He totally cracks me up!!!
One nice shot for the road.
Geezzz.. Wes lives in Lincoln and we've been seeing more of him this summer than Jarad who is only 20 minutes away. He is working alot of hours right now.. so I understand ..but his mama misses him!
__________________________________________________________
I finally cleaned all the papers and junk off my inspiration board above my desk.. but don't have much else up yet. My Calender has to stay... cause.. even with that be honk'n thing there.. I still seem to have trouble keeping dates straight. lol
I did work on the shelf above though. I promise I'll share as soon at the board is finished Viv. lol

------------------------------------
Don't forget Friday is the giveaway (read in yesterdays post)
Okay, you have my permission to go eat chocolate! lol

27 comments:

Judy B said...

Hey Vicki, I love that project ...So cute. And my kids are starting to get the same look on their face when I take pictures!! TOO FUNNY!!!

Bev said...

I love how your shadow box turned out! I love how you used the big beads for the legs - great idea! All these great ideas and I'm gonna have to try too!
TFS!!

Charmingdesigns said...

Wonderful!!Laurie

Shawn said...

What an adorable shadow box!! I have a thing for shoes too, now bethany inherited my sickness :)

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Thanks so much for sharing these photos! Your shadow box is AMAZING and your son is a real cutie-patutie!!

Linda said...

Love the fairy shadow box. You have a 'pink thumb' when it comes to designing.

Our son, Griffin, makes the same silly faces and postures when I get out the camera. I tell him 'it's a Mom thing'.

Linda

michele g. said...

Love your shadow box. So cute!!

bnovacek said...

i'm glad i do, because i just ate 6 kisses :) cute shots of wes! love his camera persona!

Sharon in NE said...

They are adorable!! (The shadow box AND the son!) btw, you want to talk shoes...ugh...my 16 yr old sells shoes at Tradehome. He works 24-32 hours/week and barely breaks even with the number of shoes he HAS to have. @@ And my goodness, Wes was practically zipping past here on the way to Wayne, he could have stopped and bought some from Jake. Jake would have sold him a pair or 3.

Nat said...

The shadowbox is the cutest ever- I so love it vic!!!!

Elly said...

OMG....!!! Love the shadowbox!!!! You're such a great artist!
And your shelf looks so lovely with that cute dollhouse on top!
Do I have to say something about your son?????? He's absolutely funny!!!!!! Woehaa!!!!!

Sam Morris said...

Wow, your home must be filled with THE most beautiful creations! This is simply adorable!

Deb S. said...

lol your photos of wes are great!;)
i love the shadow box,very cool!

curtis said...

Your shadow box is adorable, so cute. Thanks for sharing your tips and talent with us. Susan N. (not Curtis)

Valonda L. said...

LOVE the shadowbox. So cute!

Susan said...

Vicki,
OMG - I adore that shadow box!! Love your new shoes and your son cracks me up! Can't wait to see your inspiration board.
Susan

Rae C. said...

That shadow box is incredible. I'd love to win some candy--anything related to a project like the box! Mine probably wouldn't look a bit like yours, but it would be fun to give it a try!

Michelle said...

I love the project! THe little fairy angel! Soooo cute!
Love the shoes, too!

Lana said...

omword Vicki!!!!! this is sooo cute!! I love it!!

Tabitha W. said...

cute project, cute shoes, cute boy...just cuteness all around!

Ali said...

Vicki, the shadow box is beautiful. The use of trim is awesome. Your creations totally rock as does this Blog... TYFS.

I am in agreement, WHERE on earth as this summer gone? We had a really tough winter here in Nova Scotia, too. It just seemed to last forever. :O( I am SUCH a bad Maritimer, you'd never know I was born in New Brunswick! LOL!
OMGOSH, I giggled @ the pics of your DS as well...ROFL: I have kids who like to do the crazy photo-faces and stuff too! LOL!

Scrap for Joy said...

Hi Vicki~
I linked your blog in my post today...the fairies are taking over! Hehehehe. So much fun to work with. Love your shadowbox. You say you have an obsession with shoes like it's a bad thing...enjoy!
~Joyce

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Vicki, I'm glad to hear you're going to share the pics! LOL Your shadow box is lovely and I love the saying "Once Upon a Time" at the bottom...perfect!!

D@nielle said...

love the shadow box ! and the shoes are cute too, hard to resist ...

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Love the fairy box and the peek into your pretty studio!!
Michelle

~Sasha Farina~ said...

love your shadowbox V, each piece you produce is has some magical air to it. love your shoes too.. i need new shoes, no make that I DESERVE a new pair of shoes LOL!

Debbie K. said...

Vicki, I can't get enough of your artwork....it is candy to the eye! Love the pink shoes and your son is a real crack-up with that "oh no, not another photo" pose! Kids are a hoot, aren't they? Keep up your great work. You ARE amazing!