Thursday, August 28, 2008

Buttons!! it's an obsession

I have been seeing variations of these little button flowers all over the place the past few months, and have been wanting to give them a try. Since I'm notorious for messing with things I have no business doing when I have a million other things I "need" to be doing .. ... I dumped out all my button jars and dug in. ha
I have a major button obsession.. so ..you guessed it... I have LOTS of buttons. If you have lots of buttons , this is a great way to put them to use.

They are so colorful.... I'm enjoying them just sitting on my desk.
I started with making some white and pink ones for these little vintage bottles I had found a while back. I dressed up the bottles first with some vintage lace and a paper rose, then wanted to add a few of the little button flowers.... um... yeh.. I got carried away, and that's what led to the ones above. They are addictive... because they are so fun and easy to make. Don't know who first came up with the idea.. but thanks for sharing it...cause I had me some fun with these.

I used a finer wire on these. But found out in the long run about 20 gage wire worked the best for me.


I have this idea to make some with quilted paper leaves..but I have to play with that more when I get back from Canada. Right now, I need to get myself back on track and quit playing. lol
_______________________________________________________


Yesterday two sweet friends send me this award..
my fellow "Fancy Pantser".. Amy Peterman
and Crafty Secrets DT member Pam Hooten Thanks girls!
so...
Here are the rules:
1. The winner can put the logo on their blog
2. Link the person you received your award from
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of the girls or boys you’ve nominated.


hummm.. who should I pick on this time??? lol
Okay.. I LOVE these blogs!


_______________________________________________
One other thing , before I forget ..
here is a link to a clip from the New.. 90210 .. at the end of the video is a bit of TILLY AND THE WALL playing. ( if you don't want to sit through it all.. the Tilly's clip is towards the end of th video). From what I understand they are on the first show..(playing at a 16th birthday party for one of the cast on the show). I heard today that the first show (the one the Tilly's will be on ) is on Tuesday Sept 2, at 8pm/7 central.
(my neice Neely..is the one in the front with the long blonde hair when the band is playing on stage.)
WOO HOO.... YAY TILLY'S!!!


22 comments:

Trish D said...

Love the button flowers, particularly the ones in the little glass bottles. Think I might have to make a few of these myself :) (and I think the kids could handle it, too!)

KimmyS said...

Thank you SO SO much for the award you sweet chic! To have this come from my idol is just the best. mwuwaaaaaaaaah

And thanks for making me want to go raid my button collection now. I have never seen these button flowers before and I seriously love them!!!

Off to play with mine now

Deb S. said...

oh your bokays turned out soo cute! love them! yeah the tilly's are gonna be on tv. can't wait to see that,esp. sweet neely!

harrahx2 said...

ose flowers are wonderful. My button collection looks nothing like that! Mine are all browns and blacks and whites. I need new buttons!

Nat said...

I love your button projects.

Thank you so much sweetheart for giving me te award.

Hey- we should chat soon together with Cat!!!

Catherine said...

THANKS Vic....I love your blog too....Thought of you today as we spent it at the beach, it was perfect weather, wished you had been there!

Catherine said...

oh, ps. I love your buttons too!

Elly said...

Your buttonflowers are sóóó cute!!! Especially the soft-colored ones! Beautiful in these bottles! One day I'm gonna make them myself too!

Jessica said...

Your button flowers are too adorable! I love the pastel buttons in the clear bottles. Glad to know it's not just me that gets easily distracted by making things other than what I should be doing!

stampqueen said...

UUOOhh I am feeling a button attack coming on....oh so cute - I really love the ones in the vintage bottles!!!

Rainy said...

Hey Vicki, I love those button bouquets also. I got hooked on them from my friend Jes' blog KADYHOPE, she always has such colorful ones. I like others don't have as nice of a collection of buttons as you. I guess I'll have to hit more estate sales. Oh darn! I did make some with punched paper flowers with buttons in the middle for a coworkers B-Day. I found they worked better if you put a small button under the paper so when you twisted the wire it didn't tear the paper. Also you must have been the one to turn me on to Nat's blog. I love her work and am planning to take her online class. Have fun in Canada!!

rose said...

oh what a fab idea,love the buttons!! oh and you beat me on the award passing lol!!!
yeah for Tillys!

Bev said...

I just love the ping & white button flowers - they are awesome!! The bottles add the right touch! Super!!

TFS!

A Robin's Nest said...

These are adorable Vicki! I have never taken the time to try these out and now you have inspired me to do the same. Thanks for sharing!

Gail S. said...

Love the button flowers!!!! I will have to DVR the 90210!

hollystar said...

those buttons are too cute! i can totally see them as little centerpieces for a baby shower/bday party.

Precious Treasures said...

I love the flowers. I have some old buttons of grandmas and always looking for something to do with them and flowers is a perfect idea as grandma loved her flower garden.

Emma's Paper Patch said...

Love the button flowers...really love the ones in the bottles!! I to have seen this but have yet to try them out. Now off the read the rest of your blog that I have missed all summer.
Alissa

Pam/Iris said...

Oh my word......I HAVE to make some of these CA-UTE button flowers! You ROCK Miss Vic!!

Susan said...

Vic,
I've been without Internet for almost 2 weeks! Am having withdrawals from not visiting your blog daily! I LOVE these button flowers - I just might have to make some of these. Have a great time in Canada.
Susan

Susan said...

Vic,
I've been without Internet for almost 2 weeks now and having withdrawals from not having my daily visit to your blog! Just LOVE those flowers - I may have to make some of these. Have a great time in Canada.
Susan

Paben said...

Oh these are just Yummy!Love all the colors you used!