Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Crafty Secrets "Girlfriend" Challenge

Today is the Crafty Secrets "Girlfriend" challenge Day~! Yippee! I can't wait to see what the girls created. Each of us created a project/card, ect.. using Images from the "Girlfriends" Image and Journal Books from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage. Below is the layout I did, and the links to the other girls blogs. Have fun checking out what they came up with for this challenge. I know they will be fantastic knowing these girls.
Lisa Zappa
Heidi Blankenship
Marisa Grossman
Pam Hooten
Vivian Peters

** you can click on it to see it larger if you want

I also used the Kitchen Classics's stamp set on my layout. The cute scalloped border and silverware , are a part of that set.
--
That photo, I've used before, but I just love it so much. It's a photo of my grandma with her extension club women. They must have been on an outing meeting other extension club women from a another larger town. Not exactly sure what the deal is..but I don't think there were even that many women "in" the small town Gram lived in. lol ( and no building that big either , for that matter). ha She was a member of that extension club for over 50 years.
_________________________________________________
Well this girl is drag'n this morning. I DID NOT want to get out of bed! I started a project, (that was supposed to be simple).. and suddenly got more involved. Oh brother.. I hate when I do that.. my entire room was trashed before I was finished. example: I have to find , just the right
button old button..so I DUMP them ALL out to hash through them. .. and about a million other things like that later.. my room looks like a war zone. Please tell my you do this too! I did finally finish the project.. I'll be sharing it soon.
_____
Cant believe a leave for Canada in just a few days... lots to do before then... but I can wait.
*** Hope you all have a terrific day today!***

16 comments:

janel said...

How fun that I get to be first!
Well, you rocked this. I love that silverware...and can you just imagine the fun the ladies must have had together? Now, off to check out the other layouts.
Have a wonderful day, and don't worry......you are normal about your scrap room! It always seems worse when I work late at night. Here's to a nap and your upcoming trip.
Great post!

stampqueen said...

I am sooo glad that I am not the only one whose craft room gets trashed trying to find the perfect embellishment - then when I start to clean up I find stuff and start putting together another project and it starts all over again (I think my craft room will never be 'clean" LOL).
I love that layout - such a great pic to work with its no wonder you have used it several times!!!

rose said...

oh this is just stunning! love everything about it and cannot wait for my journals to arrives! yes I found some yiphee! now to camp by the letterbox lol!!
Yes hands up Iam a trash of my space if looking for the one thing I know I have but need!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Vicki, Great Job on your LO!! I love that picture and how you used it with the "Girlfriends" image. I love the colors you used too! Thanks for having such a fun challenge!!I know you are going to have a fantastic time on your trip!

Viv (VivLyn) said...

This is so sweet! I love that image too and your layout is perfect! I totally understand about the button...I've done it many a time. In fact my room looks like a tornado hit it! Thanks for the challenge, Vic, it was fun!!

Bev said...

Love the page! And yes, I do the same thing...dump my stuff and by the time I'm done my work space has shrunk to about a 4x4" square to work in. Then I HAVE to clean up.....then the cycle just repeats itself over and over again!!

TFS!
B

Pam/Iris said...

Dang! I love your page Vicki, or ah, Vic, LOL! You always blow me away with your work!!

(look at my blog, I have a message for you) Ü

harrahx2 said...

That is great. When do you go to Canada and is it vacation or work? Hope your day is marvelous.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

LOVE this layout ... you ladies are doing AWESOME work with this set!!! Grandma would be so proud!!

Marisa said...

Wow Vicki, just love your layout. The picture, image, color, buttons and the Kitchen Classic stamp set are so perfect together.It's so great to have kept the old photos of family. I now my family has a lot of photos but they are all in the Philippines. Guess I'll be looking for them when I next visit.

You are not alone. I am pretty sure a lot of us have rooms that are a complete mess when we are trying to create something. I make it a point to clean up the first mess before starting on something new. If not, I will have no space left to work on.

Hey, you say that you are coming to Canada. Where in Canada. If you are coming to BC, maybe we can meet in person. I would really love to get to know our DT members.

Marisa

Amy Peterman said...

Lovin' the layout Vicki. I tagged you. Check out my blog.

Scrap for Joy said...

The Kitchen Classics stamp set is one of my favorites..you did the perfect layour for the Extension Club Ladies. Sometimes when I'm working on something, I pull drawers out and leave them out until I crack my shin! You'd think I'd learn. Have fun in Canada-it might be pretty cool up there already,eh?

Shabbychick Junk said...

ANOTHER GASP-WORTHY CREATION FROM OUR TALENTED LEADER! Someday I want to be half as good as you!!!!!! Thanks for the challenge, it was SO MUCH FUN!

L.

Shabbychick Junk said...

ANOTHER GASP-WORTHY CREATION FROM OUR TALENTED LEADER! Someday I want to be half as good as you!!!!!! Thanks for the challenge, it was SO MUCH FUN!

L.

Tandra said...

CU-U-U-UTE layout!! I LOVE Crafty Secrets!!! I trash my whole room just making ONE card! How does that happen???
Love your blog!!!!

Precious Treasures said...

I am so excited about Notions getting crafty secrets as I can get new products in just a couple days. woo hoo!!!! They have the most awesome designers! ;)