Sunday, August 10, 2008

Glimmer Mist/Tattered Angels layout

I played with my Tattered Angels products today. I have always loved butterflies.. and since Nathaniel and I went to the Sunken gardens, and Butterfly pavilion last week.. I've been loving working with the photos we took.
To make the background paper, the photo is on.. I used "Harvest Orange" and "Creame de Chocolat" Glimmer Mist and just lightly spritzed over all.. and then a little heavier around the corners and edges. After it was completely dry.. I ran it through the printed to add the poem.
I added some machine stitching around the photo and all around the edge of the 8 1/2 x 11 background paper.
And your thinking ...WHAT? Vicki, a 12x12???? I know... I'm always a 8 1/2 x11 sorta girl, and have been for years..but this one just called for a 12x12.. so I went with it.
I use diamond glaze or Crystal Lacquer for adhering my Glimmer Screens. I just really like the way it dries clear. You only need just a little bit.. I actually add mine to the screen itself using a q-tip.
Each of us have things, that we prefer, or that work better for us , for one reason or another.
I'm just sharing mine. I have a tendency to go through how do each thing..because lots of times I get emails from people wanting to know .. so this way, if you interested ...you have it.. if you don't need it.. you can just skip through all this blah, blah, blah. lol I always love it when people share how they do things, especially if it's a product I'm not familiar with.

It's just like anything else , the more you work with things, the more you understand how to work them to get the results you are trying to achieve. I really love the look of the light misting of the colors just around the edges and in the corners. The best way I've found to manage that , is by "distance" from your surface.. and quick movement from side to side across the surface you are spraying. Just spraying with your bottle a further distance from your surface gives you a much more subtle look.
I used my Heidi Swapp distressing tool on the edges of the papers.

I gotta tell ya.. the flourish above is my total favorite!



Yesterday when I was at Sam's Club.. I picked up some of the photos of the butterflies I had uploaded to have printed. All I can say is ... I feel a entire butterfly mini album coming on. lol
____________________________________________________
Happy Sunday!!
**Remember tomorrow the giveaway starts for the next two image books.
Christmas and Little Dolls.


20 comments:

inkyheart said...

Absolutely beautiful. I hadn't seen those translucent pieces yet. What a nice dimension they add to the page.

Charmingdesigns said...

It was nice catching up on your blog...ohhh the things you can do with glimmer mist!!! Love it! Laurie

Tabitha W. said...

that layout is just stunning!!

Caleen said...

That Butterfly layout turned out so beautiful you could put it in a frame as artwork! I love the Glimmer Mist and I need to use that! I love all the special touches and I appreciate the How TO's... Thanks!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

To die for! It's so beautiful, Vick, absolutely gorgeous. Hope you are having a great summer, sweetie.
xo Lidy

Char-The Mad Shopper said...

Wow! This is a beautiful layout. I just love it.

Micki said...

Really pretty! I keep having trouble with my Glimmer Mist. I'll have to touch base with you for a few pointers.

Ali said...

OH my GOSH Vicki, what a stunner! This LO is increadible. Love it-- and loved reading how you did it. When I saw this, I had to share your techniques with the gals over at Scrapbooker's Club House- so I linked them to your blog in our Techniques section. THANKS so much! WOW... so helpful~! http://www.scrapbookersclubhouse.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9180

Scrap for Joy said...

This layout is beautiful and that flourish is gorgeous! I need to go back and review your hints on using Glimmer Mist, I must be underspraying....I can never see it on my projects. The picture of Adian & Griffin is so sweet...it's so much fun to scrap kid's pictures, isn't it?
~Joyce

Georgia said...

That is one gorgeous layout! Thanks so much for sharing!

♥{BreWiebe}♥ said...

WOW! this is a beautiful LO ☺
~Bre

kat eisner said...

Gorgeous!! Of course everything you create I love.

kat

rose said...

wow stunning and what a great shot you got here of that butterfly,just love them !
Iam liking the new flourish tranparent pieces oh your such a tease!

Vicki said...

Absolutely stunning! I love that glimmer mist!

Michelle said...

Wow! This page is gorgeous! I love it! The flourish, the butterfly, the glimmer mist! the embellies! Great job!

Susan said...

Vicki,
Another beautiful layout. That flourish is amazing. And, yes, I'm glad you give how-to details - we all learn from each other. I can't imagine anyone not wanting the info.
Susan

happiness blooms said...

Do you know what I love about your creations?



EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marie Louise said...

I'm just discovering your blog via Lily G. I'm not a crafter but I love seeing your things. This book in particular is absolutely lovely!

Catherine said...

That butterfly photo is breathtaking, not to mention that the page is too! LOVE this! xox. Almost time :-)

Sam Morris said...

This made me literally gasp out loud! The whole piece is stunning but your close up photos really show just how detailed and intricate all the parts are....LOVE it!