Monday, August 04, 2008

A great day!

Blogger is dealing me fits for some reason..but it is letting me upload this way... so if you want to see the some photos of the fun day Nathaniel and I had , here they are.

It was such a fun day!




He's such a great kid, you can't help but enjoy being around him. He was such a good sport about the zoo.. but I realize he's not a little boy anymore ( although I tend to think of them that way .. always!)lol He starts middle school this year! eeek.. can it be? Next summer for our outing I better let him pick. lol We did check out the "skate shop" for a bit, and I treated him to a new "skater" T shirt..so hopefully, I'm not a totally lame old aunt. haha
He's a trooper, he even went into Hobby Lobby with me while I grabbed a couple of things. ( I found out later from his mom that she's doesn't get by with that as easy)haha! Thanks Nathaniel!

We had a really great day together. He's really into photography, so I brought both my camera and we had a hay day, just snapping away. Some of the photos above are ones I took and some he took.
It was pretty hot today... but we made the best of it and enjoyed the day.
Thanks Nathaniel for hanging out with me today!!
_________________

If you haven't gotten your name in for the giveaway I'm drawing for on Friday, you can do that HERE.
_________________

Until tomorrow kids!

14 comments:

Tabitha W. said...

okay, you know i'm totally digging the butterfly pics! beautiful!!

i posted in the giveaway post that i tagged you, but forgot to say you don't need to include my name in the hat for the giveaway since i was lucky enough to play along in the card challenge :)

Shawn said...

Love the pictures! The butterfly house was so neat, that was Bethany's favorite! :)

janel said...

LOVE that slide show. What a great day together. I am sure he loved it too...He is so cute. The zoo looks like a great place. My favorite...was N. sitting in that blue butterfly. You have to scrap that one.
So glad you had a wonderful day.
Thanks for sharing the fun.

Sharon in NE said...

Here I was in Lincoln today too. You both could have joined my daughter and I at the Green Gateau. such good food. Afterwards we went to HL too!
Love the pics and yes, what a sweetheart Nathaniel is.

Anonymous said...

I have been veiwing your website for weeks now, but have never said "thank you" for all your incredible inspiration....until now! I love all your vintage decor and beautiful paper crafts. After veiwing the beautiful pictures you posted today,I just had to thank you for sharing. I feel like I know you from reading your blog. Anyway, thank you.

Viv (VivLyn) said...

It looks like you had a beautiful day for the zoo! You are so fortunate to have a young one (several) to hang with!

Vicki said...

Love your butterfly pics! We have a butterfly garden in our back yard. I love to sit and watch them for hours, What a trooper Nathaniel is. Just shows how much he adores his Aunt Vicki!

Catherine said...

Looks like you both had a great time, I love all the butterfly pictures, go figure huh!! Is is a real cutie too!!

Deb S. said...

vic, the photos are beautiful! i'm glad you had a nice day despite the heat&humidity! such fun....

Scrap for Joy said...

You are never too old for the zoo and your zoo is especially nice. Your's and N's pictures were great...but I do have to say I loved him in the butterfly chair and the spider web. Spending the day with kids is always fun!
~Joyce

Sugar Bear said...

Looks like a great day! He is such a handsome young man!
Karla

apigonfire said...

Oh he is a cutie patootie! Looks just like a middle schooler! :)
I am totally stunned by your pics of the butterflies! They are awesome!
~Kendra

MJ said...

What a great thing to do with Nathaniel. You are likely right that he'd prefer to pick the location of your date next year!

Susan said...

Amazing photos! Nathaniel is a cutie. Sounds like you both had a wonderful day.
Susan