Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hightlights from Saturdays gathering

Our little get together was so fun. To have so many of my friends all together in the same room at the same time was fantastic. Lots of chatter!
Left to right. Neely (my neice), Jan (my sister.. who helped me SOOO much with this day), Deb, Becky, Sherrie, Sharon, Shawn, Amy and Cat.

Lots of yummy food. My sis helped out SO much! It was just a really fun thing for a summer day. The weather was perfect.



Some of the cake plates are mine and some Jans... but my sister Jan collects cakeplates.. and let me tell you.. she has quite a collection. It's fun to take out the pretty dishes and use them. It's something I dont do much these days.. so it was alot of fun.


Heres' Catherine and Amy Stewart. Amy is the owner of the store in in the Gretna outlet mall, I'm always talking about . It's called Precious Treasures.



It was so great to get a change to see Becky's Wedding Mag cover. The photos are just stunning!
Huge Congrats to her on that! I had to make she hold it up for a quick pic.



Cat and I felt like we were on Worp speed all day .. lol.. because as soon as this was over .. we were invited to Jarads for a gathering for Kate's birthday. Jarad was so proud to show off his little bar he made in the basement. They put on a great evening with lots of yummy food. These are the days, when I really realize my kids are growing up. I was really proud.

Kate's family, our family and the kids friends were all enjoying the good food. ( guy on the right.. in the turqoise shirt is my dh. He's been hanging out at the cabin the last few days... but will be home today).
The kids put alot of time and effort into preparing for the get together..and it was really nice.



We were poopped and didnt stay late, but I'm sure it was a late night for alot of them. We headed home to put up our feet and chill a bit. It was a really really fun day!

Today, we are chill'n a bit more. I think we are going to work on a project this afternoon and then mom and the kids are comming for dinner tonight.
Gotta run... but back tomorrow to share more pics.
Enjoy your day!

9 comments:

KimmyS said...

seriously I am licking the screen over all that gorgeous food....can you tell I am on a diet?? LOL
Fab pictures

Shawn said...

It was such a good day! Thanks for all the wonderful food, goodies and conversation! I got a little something on the way home.....a speeding ticket ugh.

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Wow, you did have a busy day!! Looks like an enjoyable one. Your food looked delish!!!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Sounds/looks like a WONDERFUL time was had by all!! Thanks for sharing with us and I'm so glad you're having such a nice visit with Cat!

Sugar Bear said...

Drooling over those yummy treats! Looks so much fun!
Karla

bnovacek said...

i had the BEST time yesterday! it was seriously SO good for the soul! thanks vic!

Precious Treasures said...

Vicki I cannot thank you enough for your hospitality. Your party was wonderful and I felt like a little girl again going to a tea party. *huge hug*

smiles
amy

Vicki said...

Oh, wow, wow, wow! What great photos you took! The food and company look and sound fantastic. So glad you had a wonderful weekend!

Michelle said...

It looks like you had a great time!!