Wednesday, August 06, 2008

"I inspire Me" 5 blog post day! YAY!


I look so forward to every other Wed.. because that is when the new "I inspire Me" blog post comes up! I really do look so forward to seeing all those talented girls , projects and what inspired them to create that week. This week, we were to draw our inspiration from Stationary.
Pop over and check out all the inspiration. And .. we have two new designers joining us
Sasha Farina and Ranie O'dell ... Welcome girls!

And this weeks 2 Guest Designers are Sarah Klemish and Aude.
and..... if that wasnt enough to inspire you to want to play along... the giveaway is a kit from
ScrapMaggie! Whether you play along or not.. ( but we'd love it if you did) lol... come by and check out the beautiful work .. and be inspired!

__________________________________
Here's my inspiration piece. The minute I saw the simple design and bright colors on this thank you note .. I was drawn to it.

Here's my layout. You can click to see if larger if you wish.

I intermixed strips of brightly colored patterned papers and ribbon for the background.



That silly little guy, really does brighten my day. He's a character. lol


Pop on over and see the cool inspiration the other girls have posted HERE. They are all there in one post... so all you do is scroll , enjoy and be inspired! Doesn't get better than that..huh?
_______________________________________________
I have to get myself busy and get some things done around here today.. I'm having the carpets cleaned first thing tomorrow morning , then going to see the "Tilly's" perform in Omaha tomorrow night.. then dog sitting in Omaha overnight , after the show. It will be a busy day.. but totally looking forward to it.. especially the Tilly show , of course.
I might be a tired girl by the end of the day.
_______________________________________________
I just had to share this photo. I am lucky enough to have alot of my family close... so I get to see those nieces and nephews quite a bit. I'm always sharing their photos here... (as you know.. I'm a proud Aunt) lol ... I dont get to snap photos all the time, of the ones that live further away.. but I got one attached to an email yesterday.. so I have to share. This is my nephew Chase. Chase installs elevators in big buildings.. so that's were the photo came from. GET DOWN from there... your making me worry. eeeekkk
Now I just have to have his mom email me pics of his two brothers .. to share. They are great kids. We had so much fun with them went they stayed with us for a few days a couple of summers ago. Miss them all! Hugs to my Arizona family!
_________________________________________________
Okay.. one other thing I wanted to mention. Sandy , from Crafty Secrets is looking for someone from Ok to help out at the upcomming show. If you or anyone you know might be interested.. you can read more about it here on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog.
_________________________________________________
Enjoy the day friends!!!

8 comments:

Lana said...

WHOAH Vicki! The detail on this page is amazing, I'm so glad you posted close-ups!!

Shawn said...

Love your lo and those buttons are too cute! Have fun in Omaha!

Judy B said...

Just love how you were inspired by that card...Great project Vicki!!!

Scrap for Joy said...

How could Griffin's face not make you smile...he is a cutie for sure! You are so good in any "style"...vintage, modern...you can master them all!
~Joyce

Elly said...

Owww Vicki, that l.o. is sóóo great! Love the colors and the flowers!
You're a busy girl, have a nice evening with "Tilly's!

rose said...

oh love how you have used paper & ribbon on this layout very inspiring and really looks wonderful,great photo
Wow that is a LONG way up in the air rather him than me!

Country Liv . . . said...

Couldn't you just eat ole' Griff up?! He's a character all right. Love the inspiration you used and the beautiful results.
Happy scrapping!
Liv

~Sasha Farina~ said...

I love love love your take on Inspire Me this week V!!! Awesome...!