Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's Thursday

Yippee.. it's finally Thursday , the day Cat arrives. I'm just finishing up at couple things and heading to the airport.
I'm pretty excited about the little gathering on Saturday. I printed off this saying to set out. Actually my sister Jan had the idea ..she found this quote in Catherine's first Book "Sewing on Paper". I thought it was so fitting for the day.
I grabbed a old green frame out of my "to alter" box .. painted it and dressed it up a big.
(I'm obsessed with using this vintage trim.. what will I do , when it's gone?) eeekkk!


Got up early and made a double batch of blueberry muffins. I don't bake as often as I used to , at all , now that the boys are out of the house..but when I do , I always make a double batch to freeze some. A few in a bag for mom , and some for the boys to take home with them.

Now that I know Cat cant see this .. I can post and show you. lol
I made up little things to set on the bathroom counter for each day that she is here.. with the little note.
I love doing stuff like this..... (but probably should have been cleaning instead) lol But then again, what the fun in that. lol
Here is today's. Remember when I showed you that bath and body stuff a while back and that little ducky was in the bag.. and I said I had a plan for it. lol

Nebraska isn't exactly the "hub" of excitement.. if you know what I mean... so I'm hoping some special little things like this.. will make her stay pleasant.
***
Okay.. I'm off to the airport..
HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY!!!

19 comments:

Vicki said...

Oh, such a special card. Love the quote, and all of those little "touches" you are adding to the visit. I'm telling you, don't be surprised when I show up on your doorstep! I lived in rural Indiana for a few years and loved it.

harrahx2 said...

What a lovely idea, as always. You really are so sweet, I can't believe it! Send me some blueberry muffins please. Thanks! :^}

Susan said...

Gosh, I wish I was visiting! The frame and quote are very nice and what a cute little pink rubber duckie!
Susan

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOWSA ... you are soooo talented and such a "sweetheart" to make this stay so SPECIAL!! LOVE the framed verse and the bathroom looks awesome! Cat is not going to want to leave ... "why would she"!!! Such special treatment! Gee, what are you doing the 2nd Tuesday of next week ... I'll be popping in and expect this royal treatment ... LOL! Awesome job Lady ... have a WONDERFUL time!!!

Shawn said...

She is gonna love it!!! We'll see you this weekend! :) I'll be bringing some marshmallows with me!

~liz said...

I agree I might just show up too. I've been quase-homesick myself and your blog always brings back memories. For one I have that same lamp on the counter. Very nice touches for your guest. I like a guest room too. I always take the samples home from hotels and I save them for visitors. I usually disply them in a little basket or something, a magazine on the bedside table, fresh flowers and water. Nice pics thanks for sharing

Nat said...

ohhhh Cat is going to love it with yous! I wish I could be there too. Give her a big hug from me

Natasha Burns said...

Love that FRIEND frame, it's great! Have a fun time with your friend!

Micki said...

Have fun with Cat!

Sharon in NE said...

You are just the hostess with the mostest! Love all those little special things you do.

Marion said...

What a wonderful way of making someone feel truly welcome. You are such a kind and caring soul.

Marion, UK

Marion said...

What a wonderful way to make someone feel really welcome. You are such a kind and caring soul. Wish I was coming to stay!

Marion said...

What a lovely way to make someone feel truly welcome. You are such a kind and generous soul. Wish I was coming to stay!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

what a wonderful way to make your friend feel special! I am from NE, so I understand what you are saying. I think I live more in the boonies than you though. LOL!

This brought back very special memories of when I went to visit a friend in MI (she now lives in FL) and she had notes, snickerdoodles (my favorite cookie) and other sweet things for me on the nite stand. the sheets were folded back, a mint on the pillow, lots of "little", but oh so special things she did that made me feel like royalty. Your friend is going to feel so loved with all your touches of kindness.

Ingvild Bolme (Spinnvild) said...

Wow, it's all just sooo beautiful!I just love everything here in your blog, the artwork, the pictures, your little stories... yes, everything!

Wish you a great day Vicki!

Ingvild Bolme (Spinnvild) said...

Wow, it's all just sooo beautiful!I just love everything here in your blog, the artwork, the pictures, your little stories... yes, everything!

Wish you a great day Vicky!

Ali said...

Ahh, Vicki, your friend will have fun-- you're such a wonderful hostess to be so sweet! The muffins look soooo fab, great idea! I make dbl batches as well.... kids all love that sort of thing, so I hear ya! Our local bl-berries are plentiful right now as well. Must get some and make a bl-berry cake for Pete! (His fave...)

MJ said...

Such a sweet card to greet Cath! I'm glad you had such a great visit! Fear not, I'll never show you my posterior in a photo unless under compulsion!!

D@nielle said...

wow you sure know how to make someone feel welkcome, when van I come over LOL.