Saturday, August 09, 2008

Saturday stuff and Crafty Secrets layouts

After taking a quick photo of this before the sun goes down... and posting it.. I see that the layout being bent back a little, makes it look crooked..sorry. It's dark out now.. so I have to go with it for the moment. These two layouts are done with images from the "Crafty Secrets", "Image and Journal Notes" booklets. These are from the "Childhood book"

On the first one I cut the journal block off and used it on the other side of the layout.. and on the second one.. I left it all as one. You can see how they can be used in different ways. I love using them for cards and altered projects also.

Adian and Griff in this photo. Papers are from the "Earthy Paper Pad". And the title "buddies" is stamped with the"Artsy alphabet" set.



This photo is of a friend of mines little girl, Joslyn. She's grown alot since this photo.

Papers are from the "Radiant paper pad".



Check out the Heartwarming Vintage Blog for updates, projects, and Giveaways. AND to meet the new Design Team Members!

_________________________________________________________

I had to run to Omaha today to pick up a few things, so I call my friend Deb and asked her if she wanted to ride along.. since I haven't seen her in soooo darn long. It was nice to have time in the car on the way there and back to chat and catch up.

We stopped at Micheal's and Hobby Lobby too!
I bought a new frame for this photo I had enlarged. This is one of the butterfly photos I took the other day at the sunken garden with Nathaniel... and I really like it....so decided to enlarge it to hang.


Check out these cute note cards I found in the $ bin!


























I used my 40% off coupon from HL on this plate holder. (Thanks Rose!) I put a couple of plates in it when I got home to check it out. ( this photo). I might paint it white. But with my coupon it was about $6.. so hey...



I also wanted to share this. A number of you have asked me about the plastic test tubes. I was actually going to order some on line , to make invites for an upcoming gathering..but they weren't cheap.. it was going to run me about $25. Just for invites... na. That was before thinking about mailing some of them.

Well today I found these.. in a 6 pack for $4.99. They were at Micheal's in the Halloween section of the Martha Stewart stuff.
Here is my other purchase.... this mirror caught my eye.. and I was looking for something different for above this dresser in the back bedroom. tah dah... lol
It was such a nice day today... not crazy hot and even a bit of a breeze. Cant asked for more than that in Nebraska in August! Sounds like it's not going to stay that way much longer. Catherine gets here next week.. I was hoping the cooler weather would hold out.
Cat gets here THURSDAY!!! Woo Hoo!
Hope you all had a great Saturday!!!

11 comments:

Jessica said...

Cute pages, Vicki! The little guys are just precious. And your photo looks gorgeous in the frame.

bnovacek said...

your photos are looking SO good vic! love all your finds/bargains! :)

stampqueen said...

Love those layouts - those boys are too cute, and looks like Little Missy has her kitty right where he wants to be!!! Looks like you had a good shopping day - I am hoping to make a HL/Micheals run next week to 'celebrate' the kids starting back to school :) - They are ready,starting to get a little bored - looks like they have talked me into one more kidload outing to the waterpark this week....

Catherine said...

Love your projects and new purchases!! Gotta love a GREAT shopping trip - especially if it's all about crafts!! xox. See you SOONER!! :-)

The Apiary said...

Love the note cards and the test tubs.. Have to go to Micheal's and check it out.. :)

Vicki said...

Thanks, Vicki, for the info on the plastic test tubes! They will be my next purchase when I get to Michael's! Love the LOs and your trinket finds. I have those same note cards! Loved the chandelier. Reminds me of some One Heart, One Mind pps that I have used in the past. Beautiful frame on the mirror!

TheTatums said...

Hi,
I love reading about what you bought on your shopping trip! Makes me wanna go. :-)
Ann

Country Liv . . . said...

I really love this post, Vicki! A little of everything except the dog babies. How are they doing? Did you pose the boys for that photo? Looks like they are doing a GQ ad! The photo of the cat and baby is also perfect - - - did you take that one too?! And then there's the butterfly . . . what can I say? You are definitely a pro with that camera!

You must make sure that you get hubby or Deb to take some photos of you and Catherine during her visit. I now regret that I have absolutely no photos of me and my best friend - just never even thought about it. Too sad.

Hugs,
Liv

Viv (VivLyn) said...

I love your layouts, Vicki! You found a lot of great things today! Your frame with your picture of the butterfly is great and I love your little mirror! Those cards with the chandelier are so cute!!

Shawn said...

I love that photo you had framed! Hob lob has the best deals. I love all their stuff. See you next weekend!

rose said...

love these layout beautiful and love everything you bought on your shopping trip nice!!