Thursday, August 21, 2008

TECC30 It's Friday!

Wow.. Friday seemed to come around pretty darn quick this week. Where did the week go?

It's Friday so that means it's time for Taylored Expressions CupCake Challenge. Where's the cupcake , you say??? lol Not a requirement... really it's not.

Here's Taylor's Challenge for the this week.





Here's the card I did using her fun sketch.

The other girls do such a wonderful job with Taylor's Challenges.. be sure to pop over to their blogs and check out their beautiful work.

__

Taylor Vanbruggen- Taylored Expressions

__

Ana Wohlfahrt: Ink A Stamp

__
Stephanie Hargis: Steph's Stampin' Stuff

__
Jami Sibley: More is More

__
Monika Davis: M.A.D. Stamper

__
Lynn Mercurio: Stamperosity

__
Mary Jo Albright: Beauty Lies Within

__
Sherrie Siemens: Card Creme


___________________________________________________________


Okay... I've been asked to share more photos from last Saturdays get together.. so here you go

You can see the post about this HERE
( The other photo in the first post has my sis in it. In this one I was in and she took the photo)
Becky posted her photos from the day HERE

Paula was already gone when this photo was taken.. but she was there for the majority of the time.


We had so much fun, I hated to see it all come to an end.




My sister Jan was such a huge help with this. Couldn't have done it without here.



Poor Catherine.. she even got put to work that morning , helping out with the last minute things. lol She was a trooper.


It was so much fun having some of my very dear friends who have never met.. meet and get to know eachother.


It's days like that , that make me really want to slow down and spend more time with family and friends more often.. because .. as Martha would say.. "It's a good thing".


HAVE A FANTABULOUS WEEKEND EVERYONE!!


21 comments:

Stephanie Hargis said...

Oh my word! That food looks delicious! Yummy! Anyway, I love your card! It is absolutely stunning! The crooked panels are fantastic! What a great idea! :D

((hugs))

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great card! Love the colors, the ribbon, the way you tipped the panel...! Yummy food! TFS!

Taylor VanBruggen said...

Gorgeous card, Vicki! I think I recognize that ribbon! :) And those sweets look delicious! Wish I had been there!

Anonymous said...

It IS a good thing - looks like a wonderful day! And your card is really pretty - love thevintage feel of it!

-Jami

Sherrie said...

Love your little twist on the sketch Vicki!....Your sweets look just delicious!

Shawn said...

That food looks wonderful I wish I had a cucumber sandwhich right now!

mjalbright said...

Such a pretty card! Love how you have the center cs pieces positioned.
I got distracted from all the food....those strawberries look so delicious.
Have a wonderful weekend.

harrahx2 said...

Okay Vicki, just send me those chocolates right now. I need them. I need chocolate! You have a fabulous place and amazing decorative ability. Loved every picture.

Lynn Mercurio said...

What an absolutely charming card. Love the color combination and your wonderful special touches. That ribbon is awesome!!!

Sharon in NE said...

yeah...it was gooooooood. :D

Ana said...

ADORABLE!! I love it ALL :)
BTW that food made me hungry. It looks delicious!

rose said...

love your take on the challenge beautiful!
Oh the food looks delicious and looks like CAtherine did eat more than she sure covered with chocolate lol!!!oh Iam hungry now

Catherine said...

Vic, your card came out beautiful!! LOVE it, and thanks for posting more pictures! Hugs to Molly!

Tabitha W. said...

i often find myself leaving your blog hungry. look at that spread!!

Charmingdesigns said...

Love your card!!! Choc. covered Strawberries, yummm Have a great weekend!! Laurie

Charmingdesigns said...

Hey Vicki, I gave you an award over on my blog. Laurie

aimee said...

Hi Vicki! stopping in for some inspiration and to see what you've been up too.

Darling card! I've been on a card kick this week and I'm definitely inspired by yours! Off to catch up with your blog posts...

About Me said...

Yummmy those choclate cover strawberries look so yummy! Love your card, very pretty.

Vicki said...

Lots of goodies...and not just paper ones! Love what you did with the cupcake sketch!!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Each and every time I have gotten together with blog friends, I have been so happy that I did. All of them have been so nice and we hit it off immediately, with so much in common. I'm glad you had a good day.

Linda Beeson said...

I just got a peek at the new sketch and so then I followed here to your blog and I just love what you did!