Thursday, September 25, 2008

Altered photo holder

Yesterday when I was in town, mom and I went to have visit with her Friend Mary , who has recently been moved to assisted living. She is just a dear dear lady who had called mom, asking if I wanted some old photos and photo holders she was going to be getting rid of (since she's needing to size down. Alot of the photos where people she didn't know..but the photos where beautiful , none the less. I'm so thankful she thought of me , because I will certainly put the photos and the holders to good use.
I used one of the photo holders already last night, for this altered project.
I used a bird image from the Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage, "Birds and Botanicals" Image and Journal book and stamps from the "French Mail" stamp set.


I love this bird image.


I don't think I could have enough of these cute little hangers. I love using them for fun little altered projects like this.


To make the next at the bottom, I just cut out the paper nest image from the image book and added, moss, feather and some cut paper leaves from the patterned paper.
The papers I used are K&Company.




Here's a cute little pic of mom and Mary, and Marys new place. My mom is doing very well these days.. thanks to all who have asked about her.


Check out my stack of photos now! WOO HOO! Thanks Mary!



And some awesome larger photos , and lots of really cool photo holders.


_______________________________________________
Another beauiful fall day in Nebraska today.

I was playing around in Photoshop with a photo Griff and I took of "us" yesterday. He likes to "push the button" on the camera. So this was me holding and him staying "cheese" and pushing the button. lol It was just a little close and intense of me , for my liking ..so with this editing , I can deal with it. ha
Can you tell I adore this little buck-a-roo? lol

Off to throw in another load of laundry and figure out what's for dinner.. so take care.
Enjoy the day!

18 comments:

Scrappy Jessi said...

totally adorable.
love it.
i love those french hangers.
xooxo,
jessi

Angie said...

I love that project!

What a treasure to be given
all those old photos and photo
holders.

Bev said...

I never thought to do anything with photo holders....geese, do I sound clueless or what?!! I love the birdie and do love those little hangers. I only purchased two and definitely have to get more!

How neat is that pic that you photoshopped. Totally cool!

Jessica said...

Your robin project is gorgeous! I love those hangers, too.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

All I can say is "WOW" ... awesome!!

Monica Crowe said...

You are a paper and scissors genius and boy what a stash of old photos. Swoon!

Charmingdesigns said...

I can always count on great music over here!!! Your bird hangy thingy is beautiful!! Lauri

Anonymous said...

Oh Vick, This is just beautiful!! I wish I could find some of these photo holders..... Just beautiful. Linda Duke

Cijaye DePradine said...

Hi Vicki,

I love what you did with the sheet music. I am actually using Vintage Halloween Sheet music this year for my Halloween Arts and Crafts Projects.

Its just soooo cool how much you can play around the musical notes.

Great work!

Shawn said...

I love your bird hanger that is really cute! Wow how sweet of her to give you all of those pictures! Love you and Griff that is so cute!

Deb S. said...

love your latest project. very pretty! i have the perfect spot for it at my house!! ;) that was so nice of mary to give you all the photos and folders. can't wait to see what you come up with using them!

rose said...

oh love the project,and wow what a wonderful thought of mary to think of you with these
Oh love the piccy of you both even though you have doctored it lol!!

Deb Plapp said...

Lucky girl! WOW! Love to have those photos in my stash. I am a nurse at a retirement/skilled nursing facility, and I've been lucky to get some photos from one of our residents. She was just going to throw them out! Some of the family photos these people have displayed are just wonderful, as most of them are at least in their 80's. Love the art piece you made. Thanks for sharing. Deb

Sharon in NE said...

Oh! What treasures you got from Mary. I think I'll go make friends with her! :D Love your bird hanger. Perfect picture and project for that hanger!
I absolutely adore the edited photo of you and Griffin. That is sweet!

A Robin's Nest said...

Love your altered photo holder! That nest is just adorable and I love that bird!

Michelle said...

All of the photo's and frames are awesome! I the the project you created using one! Beautiful!

Catherine said...

Lucky you on the vintage photos, they look lovely! Your altered photo frame is gorgeous! GREAT idea! Have a graet weekend...xox

Scrappin Cheryl said...

Love this project Vicki! Can you tell me where you are purchasing the mini wire hangers you sometimes use? Love them!!!

Thanks!