Saturday, September 27, 2008

Another Altered Photo holder

I've been wanting to do a little something with these photos for my brother-in-law who has been sick, .. and with all these photo holders sitting here calling my name, I decided I'd give a "masculine" themed altered photo holder a try.
I took photos of closeups, but you should be able to click to see them larger anyway.

The photos are of my brother-in-law when he was a boy , living here in Nebraska. They now live in AZ. He is out of the hospital and into a therapy/rehab facility. Doing better each day. Thankyou all for keeping him in your prayers.
___
This is the front.

I used different parts of the photo holder, a mix of papers and lots of rub ons. haHope he enjoys it.

__________________________________________________________
Okay... I HAVE to share with you, the most amazing bunch of lace and trims ever! Woo Hoo!
I'm in heaven. I don't know when this obsession took hold of me ,.. but I can not get enough of lace and trims. The weird thing is , it's not even that "using " them is huge, for me .. just HAVING THEM thrills me. I just love looking at them. (weird I know).
Anyway, the story behind this is... My cousin/dear friend Paula gave me these for a early "B" day gift! She is collector of many things herself.. and she knows lace and trims are one of my weaknesses. She actually gave me all kind of fantastic things that I cant wait to use, like a beautiful Martha border punch and those cool Martha bird stamps, a darling cupcake card she made... and ALL THIS LACE!
I just got the tiered iron piece in the photo above, when I was in SD last weekend. Now I know just what it will be used for. It's a perfect place to hold and display these pieces of lace in my studio.


There were some amazing tatted pieces in there that I will never use on a project ... just enjoy... like the butterfly piece I put on my lampshade in my room.
And this beautiful doily below, that I just have draped over this stool. I'm planning to hang in over a shelf.




Late last night. (when I was "not" sleeping again) grrr.... I sorted trims. Finally put me to sleep. ha Some people count sheep.. I sort trims.


It's a beautiful fall day... and the pups are wanting to play outside, so off we go.
Wishing you a wonderful day!

19 comments:

janel said...

A wonderful day to you too.
Great great project...and your trims are yummy...and so organized. Happy Sat. to you.

Country Liv . . . said...

Everything you posted this week is just yummy! Those old photos look like you are going to have a great time using them with the Crafty Secrets prints-can't wait to see what you come up with! Awe, little Griff is such a sweetie and getting to be quite the star since his photos are seen all over the world! Hmmm, you love lace and trims, when did you say your Bday is? Take care friend, hope to be back to see you soon!
Hugs,
Liv

Deb S. said...

wow,score,on all the great lace and trims!!that paula is so sweet and so nice to share with you. nice you got so much organized,as opposed to what you should have been doin,sleeepin!:( hopefully it wll be better tonight.i'm sure ron will love what you made,so cool,love it!

Linda Beeson said...

I know how exciting that gift has to be to go through. I picked up a couple tiny packages of some similar things this summer and that just makes me happy.

Cathy said...

Love all the wonderful lace and trims...you lucky girl!

TattingChic said...

That photo holder is beautiful! You did such a nice job. What a lovely way to display the lace you got! The tatted centerpiece is a treasure for sure! Thanks for sharing!

TattingChic said...

OMGoodness!!! I don't know how I missed those beautiful butterflies on the lampshade!!! That is just gorgeous!

Monica Crowe said...

Great photos. I can see you incorporating all of that lace into something very crafty.

stampqueen said...

What a great photo holder!!! Love the colors and the old pics made me homesick - I have several pics of me and my horses similar to that one!!!
Love all the old trims!!! I seem to collect them too....I don't have many of the pompom trims though...

rose said...

oh you have really come up trumps with this project,"pleased" I think your BIL will end up shedding a tear over this for sure.... Oh look at all that ever so yummy lace you have been given. I have a fetish with lace cannot pass anywhere without getting some
love the cake stand and beautiful way to sotre it.....

Micki said...

Great job - as always!

Dru said...

Another beauty. Those photo holders are amazing - I have a couple from my mother and I treasure them. I know how you feel about the trims - it really is nice to just have them and look at them - in fact sometimes I really can't bring myself to use them, because then they'll be gone (unless of course I keep all the finished products for myself - LOL) Have a great day.

Judy B said...

Just love that photo for your Brother In Law. he should enjoy it lots!!! I am so glad to see someone else addicted to lace, trims, and ribbons as well. Sometimes I wonder about myself and think it is unhealthy to just want it around you instead of using it on projects. Oh well, another one of my obsessions!!
Lovin the lamp!!!

Jacquelynne said...

That is so NOT weird!!! I don't use half of what I buy- fabric, papers, ribbon, paint, calendars, greeting cards...... (my, that's kind of a long list...) but looking at these things brings me joy. And so I keep them around and when I need a "fix" I can just look at these little lovelies *sigh* and feel happy. Surround yourself with what you love!

Catherine said...

Looks like you scored...love all those trims! Can you come and organize mine for me?? LOL. I picked up some ting for you at the flea market today :-) surprise surprise...

DeniseLynn said...

Hi Vicki! I feel like it's been forever since I've peeked at my favorite blogs. I just have to comment that I don't find it wierd that you just love to "have" lace and trim ... maybe becuase I love having them too. *ha* I seldom use them in my projects; not sure why, I think it's mostly because I forget to.

MJ said...

Sorting trims instead of counting sheep? Interesting! When I have a craft/office room, I anticipate lots of sorting will be occurring considering the massive craft disorganization here!

Sleep well tonight!

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Great project for your BIL...he will love it! Your lace, etc look so wonderful!! I love the way you display your trims on the hangers! It would be too much of a temptation for my kitties seeing all those lovelies hanging there just begging to be played with! LOL

Angie said...

Vicki your project is beautiful and I am drooling over all that lace and those trims.