Monday, September 29, 2008

Crafty Secrets DT Project Challenge

Here it is Monday already.. wow, where did that weekend go? I'll tell you more about what I did with mine, further down in the post....but right now I want to tell you about the Challenge I posted to the Crafty Secrets DT...that they jumped on enthusiastically! Woo!


I love the "Artsy Alphabet" set of Clear Art Stamps from Crafty Secrets.. so the Challenge was to use this stamp set with any other Crafty Secrets products, to create... a card.. layout, altered project, ect... Whatever they choose. The girls on the team will be sharing their projects on their blogs today, so be sure to check them out.. THEY ARE INCREADABLE!

Anna Wight
Heidi Blankenship
Lisa Zappa
Marisa Grossman
Pam Hooten
Vivian Peters


Okay.. here's my project using the stamps. I used the "Artsy Alphabet" for the words "Remember" on the hanger, and the other stamp set I used was from the "Frame it"
stamp set. All papers are from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage also.
(Classic Paper Pad)

***You can Click to see it larger


I love altering these Pants Hangers for projects like this. Target has the best.. they come in natural or dark wood, and the hardware part is black on silver.

I have to say .. I LOVE Chestnut Roan colored ink from Clearsnap ..for the perfect Brown color for a soft aged look.
Oh.. and that border punch.. Martha Stewart.



When I cut and stitched these on , I really wanted them to have lifted edges for dimension.. so before stitching them down.. I folded them in half .. so that the edges would stay up a bit.










____________________________________________________________


Okay... here's a little something I saw this weekend. One of Wes's friends and his wife, who live near us, where out of town and needing someone to look in on these little cuties .. born 5 days ago.

awwwww

Proud mama "Shy" , stayed close to her babes.


Saturday.. I baked a peach pie with the peaches we picked last weekend at Aunt Vivs.
They were so good! I took this with us to Lincoln Yesterday , since we were helping Wes move to his new apt.



After many many trips from one place to the other and many many trips up and down the steps (apt is on the third floor. ugh) ... by the time we left.. he at least had a place to sit, a bed to sleep on, and a tv. Now that he has the basics.. he can go from there with the rest.


Jarad was a huge help! Great to spend time with the boys, and be together..(even if it was an exhausting day).lol
I (like most of us) struggle to find a happy balance at times, when it comes to work.. family, ect... . I am really really working on making sure I always remember to take time for the things that are most important in life, the things I enjoy. Days like today , spent with the boys .. just reinforces how important those times are. No special occasion, no big event. ( for pete's sake ,... I was scrubbing bathrooms and whipping out cupboards) lol But yet it was really good.

Now that I have myself teary.. I guess I just needed to say, I'm really proud of the "men" our "boys" have become. ( that's okay to say right?) lol


I can tell you , that place smelled like "clorox clean up" before I was outta there.
It's bare..but clean , that's for sure. Wes has a good eye, I'm sure he'll have it whipped into shape in no time. I shared with him this idea I saw using album covers.. I think he might use
Album cover wall . The one I was telling him about was done with them hanging from a thin metal rod and hung with wire and metal clips. I just can find the link..but it was really cool.

I really enjoyed the ride home last night. There was a lightening storm off to the North that was so beautiful. That in combination with great tunes on the radio.. I was a happy camper. Very relaxing.
______________________________________________


Just a couple of other things.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Liv!

______________________________________________

and Deniselynn.... good to hear from you girl! I've been miss'n you!

________________________________________________


Okay, I've rambled enough. Hope your weekend was nice.

...now go conquer the day!

18 comments:

Catherine said...

Looks like he's got a nice apartment, tooo bad it has to be in Lincoln and not in your town or Fremont :-) Loved your project...so pretty and the stitching on the leaves is perfect!! Have a great Monday..hope you aren't sore from all that up and down the stairs!

Sugar Bear said...

Looks like you are very busy! Wes's new apartment looks very large! Lovely colors on your newest project.
Karla

Sharon in NE said...

I like that hanging...I'll have to purchase Chestnut Roan. Its like a bleached out Sepia, perfect for this type of vintage project!

Yep, we were in that lovely lightening storm. My dog was shaking in his boots inside his carrier, inside our bathroom. ;)

TattingChic said...

Those puppies are sooooo cute and that peach pie looks delish!!! Yummy. Your altered paper hanger looks fabulous!

Pam/Iris said...

Your hanger is BEAUTIFUL Vicki, love all the perfect details!

Oh those puppies, nothing sweeter, oh, maybe kittens, LOL!

rose said...

oh beautiful project,love the stitching on it and the punch!! I love mine!
wow 3rd floor!! bet mum aches today,but so good he has a clean pad and it sure looks big!
oh lookat the pups awhh,oh no more one is enough for me ,moulting bad at the moment!

Basement Stamper said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the flower petals and the stitching on it!!!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Vicki, I LOVE your hanger project, it is Absolutely Stunning!! What a great use for the Artsy Alphabet. I love the stitching on the leaves and all of the lace and the Martha punch goes perfectly!! I really like the vintage photo too. Fantastic Job and thanks for such a fun challenge!! The puppies are so adorable, the pie looks scrumptious and it looks like Wes has a really nice apartment! Hope you're having a great day!!

Elly said...

Wow girl, I missed a whole lot of beautiful things the last couple of days!!! Love, lóve your hanger, its sóóóó gorgeous!!!! And your cakestand with all the lovely lace is just yummie!!! All your projects are a great source of inspiration for me, thank you so much for sharing all your creativity!

bnovacek said...

that peach pie looks delish!

what a good mama you are :)

see you tomorrow! can't wait!

Jessica said...

Beautiful project, Vicki! I'm drooling over it, especially all the stitching. Those leaves look amazing and I love that big flower with the ruffled paper ribbon. My sewing machine could never manage that (I've tried; it broke!) What kind of sewing machine do you use?

Deb S. said...

awww cute puppies.i'm sure wes appreciated his mom always going the "extra" mile,in this case pie,for him.:)Love the latest project.

Marisa said...

Well Miss Vicki, the hanger frame is just to die for. Love how you put everything together. Especially love the stiched leaves and the Martha Stewart border punch. Did you notice, we both made frames using the same DP.

Thanks you keeping us busy with this challenge.

Marisa

Angie said...

Your projects are always so beautiful, the girls did an awesome job on your challenge.

It sounds like a perfect day to me.
Spending time with you kids is always good. Scrubbing toilets or not ;)
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Fabulous CS project, as usual!!!! What a cute pooch and all her babies are black...too funny! Your son's apartment might look bare but it still looks very nice. I like the idea of the album covers on the wall.

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh I love what you did to the paints hanger!! I've got to try that!!! Laurie

karin said...

Oh, i truly love to visit your blog, it is so interesting and fun!!! Your layout is gorgeous, and i agree, the stamps are beautiful!!
take care
k
xx

Staci said...

I love the beautiful hanging file folder project. I am going to have to find some of the glimmer mist screens now. I also loved the link for the Album Wall cover. I think I am going to do that except I'll be using altered 12x12 canvases instead of album jackets.