Saturday, September 13, 2008

Flea market Saturday!

I have been looking forward to meeting up with my friend Christine at the Venice Flea Market all week! Even though it rained last night and was cloudy this morning , the afternoon was beautiful , and getting to spend some time with Chris was the best! We used to be friends/neighbors in the old neighborhood, ..carpool the kiddo's to school, walk together in the evenings, all that fun stuff. Now we both live in different towns and different neighborhoods..but the friendship lasts and lasts. She's the best! I'm really lucky to have her in my life.


Although it was a bit messy the begining , there were alot of venders, and ALOT to look at.

I was glad we got there first thing this morning because when we left it was crazy busy!
This little couple was so cute that was runnign their little popcorn stand. I asked the man if I could take a picture of him making the carmel corn.. and he looked at me like???? lol He said, " sure , but I du-no why you'd wanna". hahah. I didnt even bother to explain it was for my blog.. (because I'm guessing he doesnt "blog") . haha. I just said, " oh.. it's just something you dont see everyday".
Well, when I was walking away, the little old lady (his wife).. said to him.. ( alittle crabby) "you didnt even smile!"
He said... "Well... she didnt say ..CHEESE". Oh.. my gosh.. so cute.



I bought a few of these little pumpkins for my table.



Found this clock face. It's very cool and about 5 inches accross. It's going to be prefect for a altered project. 50 cents





These great music books $2















They had these 9 pane windows with the glass in them , in good shape for $15. I'm hanging this in the spare room upstairs.. with 3 1/2 x 5 photos in it.
Not sure exactly the plan for the tiered thing..but basically, it will be for storage in my studio. I may take the top level off, and add a crystal finial I have. It was $8 and all unscrews for easy storage , so I figure for that price even if I didnt use it in my room, it would be great for Weddings, showers , ect... ( ok nevermind.. I'm just trying to justify buying it) ha
I was half way there , and havent see my friend ... Miss Amy owner of Precious Treasures at the Outlet mall near Gretna.. so next stop... was ...
The best scrapbook store around!

Believe it or not,.. I still didnt have the new Jennie Bowling stuff.... ( do now!) ha
I have to say.. I tell Amy this everytime I go in that store.. she does such a great job of having such a diverse bunch of goodies! Something for everyones taste. And I always see things I have never seen before. ( and trust me .. I've seen alot)
The store has such personality!...but then again.. it's AMY'S store .. so >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>




Well, lets just say, I picked up "a few" things. ahemmmm
But I have to show you this cool piece I bought there. Amy doesn't just have "Scrapbooking" things.. she has lots of cool and unique other things for sale also. Since I was there last, she has a bunch of cool soldered pieces. This is the one I bought. I love butterflies.. and I've never seen anything like this.... ( it is now mine).




Okay.. I better quit writing and get something done . I worked on a Fancy Pants Project last night and altered the little stool I picked up at a garage sale when Cat was here. I'll share those soon.
________________________
*I also started the morning out with an email that one of my favorite layouts of Griff, was requested for publication. Love seeing my nieces and nephews in print..it just tickles me.
________________________
* My brother in law is doing some better, but please keep Ron in your prayers. Thanks!
________________________
* When I talked to sister Jan and her family this morning they were already in Denver .. and preparing to see the
Tilly's play at Red Rocks tonight!!! Whoo Hoooo... what fun! That will be amazing! Go Tilly's! There son lives there also.. so they will all be together.. I'm so excited for them! My sis will be in "mom heaven" , being with "both her kiddo's this weekend!
also , coming up...
and if you missed it


___________________________

okay.. I'm really going now!

Have a great weekend!!

12 comments:

Jacquelynne said...

That looks like so much fun! I collect old music, so those little books you got for only $2 are making me a little jealous. As for the caramel corn guy, I get it. This summer at the county fair I saw this little old man who was just adorable, I just had to have his picture. Only I didn't ask, I just had my husband stand next to him so it would look like I was taking a picture of him (my husband) instead!

janel said...

Oh...such great stuff on your blog today. And, I bet Tilly is rocking the house down tonight..it is a beautiful evening here....Wishing you were sitting in that beautiful setting and enjoying it too.
GREAT finds, and I can tell you had a special time. LOVE the popcorn stand man...and the comment by his wife. LIFE is good!!!

Micki said...

Looks like a LOT of fun! TFS!

TheTatums said...

Ooooo, I have that Progressive Music Book, too. I love it! It's got such cute little songs in it. Some my parents remembered singing when they were little. :-)

Ann
http://keepinupwiththetatums.blogspot.com

Scrapthat said...

I love the bread box you picked up Vicki!
Great music sheets also. I love seeing flea market finds!! Enjoy your goodies...can't wait to see what you do with the stool.
:0)
Dolly

Michelle said...

It sounds like you had a fun Saturday! You found some great stuff!!

harrahx2 said...

You have such an eye for things. I love the tiered table. It is so great. How do you find time to do all the shopping you do and still craft? I am trying to get together my personal candy award to send you with "sutff" that I hope you can make into wonderful things!

Lana said...

Hey Vicki! Saturday and friend and I visited the Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago, IL and were delighted to see a booth with the "Omaha Craft Mafia" there!! I thought of you!! :) Do you guys know each other? Cute stuff there!! http://athenasays.typepad.com/ocm/

Cathy said...

I wish I lived closer, too! We don't have fun little flea markets and such! What great treasures!
I love concerts at Red Rocks, how fun! It's one of the prettiest places on earth!! Have a great week!!

rose said...

oh what great pieces you picked up today wonderful!
Hope your BIL continues to improve and will keep praying
Oh that is one brave soldier i check in and read and love seeing the days and mending going on
geez we are lucky and really should be thankful for been so blessed compared to what some familys have had to scarifice

Catherine said...

Oh MAN why couldn't this have been going on when I was there! Looks like you got some good stuff! Love the clock face, and the butterfly charm- that rocks! HI to everyone! xox.

Precious Treasures said...

It was so nice seeing you. I would love to go to the flea market. Is it every weekend? You found some great things!!! I love old music books especially hymnals.

Lets do linch and shopping someday.