Friday, September 12, 2008

Halloween cards / Givaway winner / TECC33


I was hoping to have this posted a bit ago , but blogger was giving me fits this morning. I think I finally got everything uploading I was hoping to post. Wheww.. a busy little Friday morning.. lots to share.
First of all the winner of this ... "oh so fun" little Halloween Images and Journal Book is "Scrapthat". So if you would shoot me an email with your address, I'll get that in the mail to you. You are going to love it!
Sandy from Crafty Secrets was very generous and gave all the girls on the DT a number of the booklets to giveaway on our blogs ect... so check back.. hint hint.




_______________________________________________________________

It's Friday.. and that means its Taylored Expressions Challenge day.. Woo Hoo!
Thanks to Taylor for another great sketch. BTW... Taylor has an exciting stamp release of your own!! Pop on over and check out her announcement and get a peek HERE. Oh ..they are SO CUTE! Congrats Taylor!!



Here's my take on Taylor's sketch. In keeping with my projects from the Halloween Image and Journal Books.. I did mine using one of the images. I laughed so hard the first time I saw this image, ( and still kind of giggle each time) lol... because these guys are just so totally weird. lol
"Eat Drink and be Scary" is the saying .. I'm thinking these guys eat, some , drank alot ,and are defiantly "scary" .. in a weird way. lol You can click to see the image bigger..
They are just so nerdy they tickle me. ( the way the one on the right is holding his pants out ..just seriously makes me laugh so hard.
(I know , I do have an odd sense of humor at times) lol


Anyway.. moving on .... here is another card... based on Taylor sketch... just with a twist.


Be sure to check out the other girls work this week, based on Taylor's sketch
Taylor Vanbruggen: Taylored Expressions
Stephanie Hargis: Steph's Stampin' Stuff
Jami Sibley: More is More
Monika Davis: M.A.D. Stamper
Sherrie Siemens: Card Creme
And while I was on a card roll.. why not do one more. lol
This one , not based on Taylors sketch.. just scraps on the table. ha




One more little project .

The little "Trick or Treat" stamp , is from the Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Halloween Set. It's such a cute set. You can see it HERE


Oh.. and just had to show you how much better the test tube looks with some candy corn in it. YES! much better!


I just had to share this picture from yesterday. I 'm always telling my Canadian friends how Nebraska is so flat, and how lucky they are to have the view of the mountains. Well.. look.. we have mountains? I took this photo on the way to moms eye appointment in Omaha yesterday. The clouds where hanging so weird in the sky.. it really did look like mountains in the distance.
(okay.. use your imagination here).. lol
Click to see it bigger.... ( I'm still trying to convince you) lol


Ok.. I better get this posted.. since I'm running behind. Have a super Day and enjoy your weekend!

16 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW ... these cards/projects are all fantastic ... you've been one busy lady!!! Wonderful ideas here ... thanks for sharing!!!

Jami said...

Super cute cards Vicki - you have been busy! And yes - that first one is a crack up for sure!

Stephanie Hargis said...

These are absolutely fantastic! Wow! You did such a fabulous job on everything!!!! :D

Sherrie said...

Wow! So many cool things to ogle over Vicki! Love your halloween cards!

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Your cards are great!! Love those images!! That candy corn sure looks delish!

Sharon in NE said...

I LOVE IT! Oh my goodness I just had to laugh out loud when I saw the first card with the three "clowns". Why on earth would you pooch out the sides as in preparation for a curtsey. I would love to find that picture. What a hoot. That is too funny.

Karen said...

great projects - love all of them!!

chelemom said...

LOVE< LOVE< LOVE< them all!!!!

Ashley said...

What fun projects!

Catherine said...

Congrats to the winner!! Love your Halloween projects Vic, especially the test tube!! Have a great weekend, xox.

~Sasha Farina~ said...

you're amazing V! lovin' everything you posted here today... had some giggles too! LOL..

Emma's Paper Patch said...

wow! love all you halloween projects...especially the little round box. i too, envy those who live in the montains. we have had our share of 'cloud mountians' but they don't last long...sigh...

Country Liv . . . said...

Love everything! And, yes Ms. Vic, those clouds DO look like mountains. An old saying comes to mind: 'making mountains out of mole hills (or clouds?)'
Hugs,
Liv

Erin Glee said...

Did you notice the little girl in the Pumpkin Costume on the cute card you made is holding BOTH SIDES of her costume out~it must ba a Hallween thing! That clown IS funny!
Congrats to the booklet winner!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

YOu've got to enjoy a monutain view whenever you get the oppurtunity, even if it is just pretend!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Oh- and i LOVE the test tube/candy corn idea! I have houseguests coming this week, those would make an ideal gift, thanks!!!