Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day

I'm using my other camera because I'm having a hard time uploading my photos from my Canon to the computer here for some reason.. so I'll have to share today's photos with you now , and yesterdays photos later. I do really want to share yesterdays photos though, because we went to China town in the afternoon and then to a crab cook out by the ocean last night.. and both were SO fun. REALLY different experiences from small town Nebraska... so it was really exciting for me. The guys actually took the boat out right there and came back with 25 crabs!
Just accross the road from Sandy and Scotts new place down here.
Well, in my book, it just doesnt get much better than starting the day with a walk on the beach.
We took a nice long walk along the beach.. all the way into town.

It started out a bit overcase, but quickly changed to sunshine.. and a great breeze.
We had a great walk and picked up shells and little nature treasures along the way.

Later we stopped to see the Peace Arch and walked through Peace Arch Park. What a beautiful place. The flowers were just amazing!
I'm always in awe of the beautiful colors of hydrangeas.. and how huge they grow here.
I never ever get tired of looking at them.
It's obvious they really work hard at keeping this place up. We were on the Canadian side and the US side.. and both were just so gorgeous.
Sandy's husband Scott there, standing under the arch.

USA side

Canadian side.

Just enjoying and trying to take in all these beautiful things. The weather has been just perfect.
Hope all of you had an enjoyable Labor Day!

17 comments:

cards4u said...

There's nothing like walking along a quiet beach. It is so peaceful! Love those flowers - I am glad you are having a great time!

mimi said...

Oh vacations are Wonderful!!! It looks like you are having such a fantastic time. Your pictures are beautiful---I feel like I am right there with you. Can't wait to see more :)
Mimi

PaperCutting Kind of Day said...

What really yummy photos!!!

janel said...

Looks absolutely gorgeous.
A much deserved break for you!
Can't wait to see the other photos too.
Such a treat to share in your adventure.

Viv (VivLyn) said...

More lovely pics! It sure looks like heaven on earth! Have fun!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Great photography! These photos are so welcoming and the flowers are gorgeous ... I expect to see them on a card somewhere down the line!! LOL! So glad you had a wonderful time!!!

Catherine said...

So glad you're having a great time, thanks for sharing the BEAUTIFUL scenery with us!

Country Liv . . . said...

Hey Vic! Glad you're having such a great time in Canada! I stayed in Vancouver for a week about 10 years ago-loved it! One of the things that I remember most is that whenever we ordered a salad it came with edible flowers in it. Leave it to me to associate a gorgeous country with food! Thanks so much for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers; I'm doing much better now and look forward to catching up with you soon!
Hugs,
Liv

Snuppeline said...

Thank you so much for sharing the beautiful photos with us!

harrahx2 said...

What a beautiful place for a vacation.

Brenda Hurd said...

beautiful pictures - i'm a little jealous - never been to the beach - those pictures sure make me want to go!

Michelle said...

WOW! more gorgeous pictures! It looks like a beautiful place! I love the beach photo's! So peaceful

Shawn said...

What beautiful pictures! Looks like you are having a great time!

Raye said...

I just found your blog today. ( I keep trying to create one but can't quite figure out how to make things go where I want them to !)
I love the hydrangeas and the color came across perfectly ! I love the words on the gate and the sentiment. My mom is from Nebraska and I have relatives all over Nebraska !!!
Thanks again for sharing.
~Sharon

Precious Treasures said...

I love Hydrangias and the front of my house is full of them. I still remember when Liz was little her and her friend Mary picked the ALL. They only bloom once a season and I was just sick but the girls meant well. :) We still tease Liz about it.

Have fun on your trip. RELAX

MJ said...

I enjoyed all the landscaping and wildlife photos! Enjoy your trip!

Emma's Paper Patch said...

what beautiful photos...have a lovely time