Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lots to share today

I guess I'm doing things a little backwards today. I usually post the project first and then family stuff, but today it seems to be the other way around. I just like to keep you on your toes. ha
It was really really foggy this morning when I headed into town. It started to let up a little bit later in the morning, but it was really kind of pretty in places, with the water and trees near the state lakes.


The fields and the trees are really starting to turn. You can tell fall is approaching.

This was 10am... looks more like 6am huh?
I was on my way in , to see this little cutie pie. We had lunch at BK with Grandma Dunn and then he and I tried to find some "inside" things to do, since the weather wasn't cooperating. We went to the Humane Society and spent some time with the puppies and kitties. We both liked that .. and luckily I got out of there without one! ha. I'm a sucker for a sad face. ( that includes, puppies, kitties and kids!)



We did find a couple of toys at the store... and one of them was a stuffed puppy.. so that sufficed.

I never ever fail to get a few good laughs when I'm with this kid. As he started to go in those play tubes , in the play area at Burger King, he stopped abruptly, turned around with this weird look on his face. I asked him what was wrong.. he said, "it smells like stinky feet in there". hahah
I'm sure it probably did!
Then when I was dropping him back off at home, as I was getting him out of the car, I said, "Okay Poopananny, hop out". He looked up at me and said, "that's naughty".
Geezzz... Bad Aunt Vic I better get with the appropriate 3 year old etiquette. I guess my "old school" pet names are not politically correct these days. hahahahah
But the one thing that I love the most..is how expressive his is with his face.
As you can see....

----------

----------


Projects with Page Frames Clear Acrylic shapes















If your looking for some great idea for ways to use Clear Acrylics, check out these books from Design Originals.
Clearly Cards, and Clearly Classy Albums.

I was honored to asked to contribute to these books, and am so pleased with them.
Below is a peek at one of the Christmas ornaments I did for "Clearly Cards".


The book has photos and step by step instructions on how to make this one.


And here is one I did since then, using Alcohol inks , transparency, and and image from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage.



Here's another , stamped on vellum and to the acrylic shape.


Those where ones I did last year.
I decided to do these with just stamping with Stazon , directly onto the acrylic.


I just cut two lighter light acrylic sheets to the same size, stamped on the bottom one and sandwiched them together with some fine iridescent glitter in between. It's sealed with metal tape from Ranger.



a cropodile punches through these with no problem , to add chain, ribbon or other embellishments.


I'm working on some with crystals added , that should make great sun catchers. We'll see.
___________________________________________________
Okay.. I think I'm finished with this LONG , and very random post now.
Hope your day has been a good one!
















16 comments:

Monica said...

Love your fall pics! I miss the changing seasons. i have been told it wont even cool off over here in Okinawa until january ...
Love all your ornaments , very nice!

Deb S. said...

oh your foggy lake pictures turned out cool! griffin is so cute,he's quite the little sweetie!
love that santa ornament,very vintage looking. loved it!

stampqueen said...

What awsome pics of the lakes!!!
Love the color starting to show!!!
I really love those Ornaments!!!
I guess I need to stop at A.C. Moore and see if they or the LSS have them!!!

Charmingdesigns said...

Love your foggy picturs...I'm not quite ready for the fog!! Laurie

Staci said...

Where did you get your acrylic for the ornaments? Online or somewhere close by (Fremont perhaps?) I have to go to Fremont to take kiddos to the orthodontist Monday...I might have to check it out.

Paben said...

Loving those fall pics at the lakes!Griff is a cutey even if he looks like your brother Dan!LOL!He is starting to more all the time!

Bev said...

The pictures are just beautiful! They would make great fronts to some cards....hmmm, mind if I save them?? :)

Love the ornaments too! Now here is something else I'm gonna have to try out - thanks!!

TFS!!

Sharon in NE said...

I love the ornaments! What great projects.
How nice you and Griffin went to the Humane Society. I bet it was a treat both ways. (Really, your place is big, what's one more, please?...)
Beautiful photos!

Debbi said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm doing my Christmas this year with photos and scrapbooking ornaments. These are great ideas.
Debbim

Susan said...

I am so jealous of your fall! Here in Tx it's still hot summer with no end in sight. Love the pics of Griff - he is one adorable and expressive guy. You just want to hug him. It's so nice that you can pick him up and have a day with him. Your clear ornaments are lovely - I'm gonna have to try that. Great idea.
Susan

maiahs_momma said...

Ok, wow where do I begin :)! I LOVE those pictures you took, they look like they are in a place like Neverneverland. Then I just love those ornaments and other crafty things you had on this post. Beautiful work you do :)!

Hugs,
catherine
www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com
catlevy@eastlink.ca

harrahx2 said...

Some of the prettiest pictures I have seen. What a great puzzle they would make. You are one heck of a photographer. That boy is just too much. Thank you so much for sharing.

MJ said...

Lovely photos! I like the mirror images in water!

You are a great recipient for those vintage photos! Enjoy them!

Michelle said...

These are awesome. I'll have to look for those books.

Catherine said...

Oh my he's such a cutie! Love the fog pictures...look like FALL is there and pretty!

Is that heart stamp from Stampington?? I need to get that, I've been stalking it for a long time!!

Precious Treasures said...

Your photographs were breathtaking!