Monday, September 15, 2008

New Fancy Pants layout

I worked on a new Fancy Pants layout last night. I used a new new Accucut die for the base. It's the
Square Mini Scallop-11 1/2 inch SQ631G.
The papers , chipboard letters , overlay, and stamps are all Fancy Pants.
I have been wanting to use these photos of my cousin Patti's little grandson, since I took them at the last family reunion. Isn't he a cutie? I thought it was so cute when I noticed , he was a pirate/batman. lol Hey... if you dream .. dream big... I'm sure he can be BOTH , if he really wants to. lol
That map sticking out of his pocket as his walking away.. is just priceless.

I thought I'd share a couple of tips with you, that I've found work really well for me. I always love it when people share things they've found to work for them .. so thought I'd share these.
Sometimes I want more definition on the edges of chipboard .. especially when it has lots of tight spots, or intricate detail, ( in this case .. letters).
I cant get in the tight areas with a ink pad without getting messy, and I've tried a marker and it I just don't seem to be able to keep it right on the edge without messing up.. so I use one of these q-tip type applicators. I just pick up a little ink from my ink pad and rub it around the edge lightly. I works great.


This is the something I seem to be doing alot lately. I love the look of sanding the edges of my photos and papers...but I started doing something a while back and really like the look of it... esp, when I'm wanting to .. kind of "frame" the photo ( or edge of the paper).
I use my handy big $ store emery board and line up the edge of my photo ( or paper) along the straight edge of something like my work table or work mat. I line it up straight , about 1/4 inch ( or however wide you want your border) in from the straight edge of the table or mat, and just
take my file in a downward motion , all across the photo (or paper) , from on edge to the other.
*Making sure not to do it do hard and cut the paper.
Just kind of a fun new way to frame my photos for certain projects that need a little something.
______
Hope you all have a wonderful start to your week... I'm off and running to the post office. Catch you tomorrow kids!

13 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

Thanks for the tips Vicki! I always love seeing and hearing how others do things.
Karla

Sharon in NE said...

I love how you made a visual frame on the photo. Vic, you are just so darn clever.

KimmyS said...

What AWESOME tips. Thank so much for sharing Vicki!
And such a wonderful layout

Debbi said...

Would have never thought of the sanding tip. Thanks for sharing and please keep the tips coming.
Debbi

rose said...

Oh love this layout what fun and just adore his earring and map!
arg see we get into the chipboard nook and crannies the same way lol!! will have to try your framing technique

Angela said...

Wonderful layout! Great tip on the chipboard edges too!

Micki said...

Very cool!

Jacquelynne said...

Great tips, I don't do much scrapbooking but my daughter does, so I'll pass this on to her. Very cute layout you've got there!

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous Vic!! Got my basket in the mail today, THANKS for sending it. Be on the lookout for something from me this week! xox.

MJ said...

I love those tips!! Thanks for sharing them!

Here's a tip for you: I'm having a give-away at my blog over the next few days! Make sure you pop by!

Vicki said...

I just love this LO! It is adorable and so is he! The map hanging out of his pocket is too cute! He is a serious pirate! Thanks for the scrappy tips too! I am going to try your "distressed frame" look!

janel said...

What an adorable layout...and oh, he is such a darling little pirate. Love that sanding technique...and the look is GREAT.
Your blog always a treat.
Have a wonderful day, and thanks for sharing.

TheTatums said...

I love both these tips. I'm going to try both of them on my little books. I still have trouble getting into the full size pages. I think the size intimidates me! :-)

Ann
http://keepinupwiththetatums.blogspot.com