Thursday, September 18, 2008

TECC34

Okay, Okay... I've learned my lesson this week with Blogger not saving my draft. Again, since I had an appointment early this morning.. I did my post last night... so all I would have to do is publish it before I left this morning. Wrong! Hope "autosave" is working again soon. grrr
---
Anyway, it's Friday ,and that means it's Taylored Expressions Challenge Day!
Thanks to Taylor we were giving another great sketch!

My card is done with Fancy Pants papers, rub ons and transparent overlay piece.
It's hard to see here, but the piece between the two blue strips is clear overlay.

Fancy Pants rubons are just to beautiful.
Besure to check out the beautiful work of the other Cupcake Crew girls
Taylor VanBruggen: Taylored Expressions
Stephanie Hargis: Steph's Stampin' Stuff
Jami Sibley: More is More
Monika Davis: M.A.D. Stamper
Mary Jo Albright: Beauty Lies Within
Sherrie Siemens: Card Creme
Ana Wohlfahrt: Ink A Stamp

__________________________________________________
Call just me " The Crazy Dog lady"
I have to tell you, if you don't have a dog.. you should get one. lol You're probably so sick of hearing "Dog stuff" and seeing pics of the pups.. but seriously, these pooches bring so much joy to our lives. It sounds silly, but they really do. A day doesn't go by that they don't make us laugh.. with the crazy things they do, or sit by us and make us feel better , after a rough day.
I cant imagine not having a dog... because I've always had one. When the kids where here, the dogs were always like part of the family..but now that the boys have moved out on there own.. the dogs are REALLY spoiled! lol They are the "new kids" lol
Molly defiantly does things on her terms.. but she is such a big baby. Scared of lightening and thunder ..big time. You would think with her personality , she wouldn't be that way..but what a BABY.
She was just chilling on the deck last night.. it was so so nice out. They are both totally "inside" dogs, but they stay near us when we are out side.
This is one of the things that crack me up .. the dogs absolute favorite treat , is carrots. I mean ,...they LOVE them. I can stay the word, "carrot" when they are clear across the yard.. and they come running. ( I should eat such healthy snacks!)


But, it's Friday.. so have some Chocolate...

I'll be gone this weekend. My sis and I are taking my mom to SD to see my Aunts and Uncle. I'll be back with you all on Monday!
Hope you all have a great weekend!

21 comments:

Taylor VanBruggen said...

What a pretty card, Vicki! I love the soft colors and those Fancy Pants rub ons! And I enjoy hearing about your dogs! I'm the same way with our cats. They make me giggle and they cuddle up with me after a long day. :)

SusanneSj said...

What a beautiful card.

/Susanne

Marjolein said...

This is a gorgeous card, the colors are just beautiful!
Love the dog stories....don't have one, but would love to.....

bnovacek said...

i think i'm a crazy dog lady too :) gotta love em. have fun with your mama and sis! be safe!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card! Love the soft colors and the greeting. TFS!

Precious Treasures said...

I have NEVER seen a dog eat carrots before, what a hoot!

Have fun this weekend!!!

Jessica said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colors and the paper lace.

What ever happened to that little kitty you found? Did he find a home?

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Your card is beautiful and I agree those run-ons are lovely! Have a great weekend. We certainly would have a dog if we could. Our condo association has a rule, NO DOGS! I do miss having one though.

Sharon in NE said...

I love the Fancy Pants DP and colors you used! LOVE that color combo.

I will drive to your house just to yell "carrots". This I gotta see. ;)

Jami said...

Vicki - your card is gorgeous - love that shabby vintage look and would like ot play with it more myself. Ok - it's really weird - everything you sadi about dogs - we are in the midst of debating over getting a puppy and here I read you say "get a dog!" - Wow!

Maggie said...

vicki this card is so gorgeous, i luv the papers and stitching..
how's your mum? have a safe trip :)
Maggie

Country Liv . . . said...

Hey Vic! Love the card and Fancy Pants Rub-ons are the best-they always work great.
I love photos of the babies, um, I mean doggies. I have a cat-they don't require as much upkeep and cost as a dog. But . . . I'm allergic to cats-not dogs! LOL Hope you have a wonderful time with Sweet Mama and Sis!
Hugs,
Liv

stampqueen said...

Beautiful stuff lately!!! Love todays card!!! The colors and ribbons a wonderful! The stool you redid is soooo cute!!! Looks like fun - may have to pick up one some where, and the cloth book with the photos of your parents and grandparents is - well WOW!!!!
Hadn't had much of a chance to blurf lately - way too many days working this week (got talked into extra shifts again...)

janel said...

Happy happy weekend with your mom and sis!
Be safe and take lots of pics.
Those m & m's look mighty tasty!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous!!! LOVE all the detail and the soft colors!! Awesome job!!

Cathy said...

Love the card!
My pups love carrots,too!
You need to come all the way to Rapid, that would be so exciting!!
Have a great trip!!!

Charmingdesigns said...

Great card!!!!!! Laurie

Ana said...

STUNNING!!

Pearl Maple said...

Pretty card, you have showed off that paper at its best. Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

~Sasha Farina~ said...

V, that card is beyond gorgeous! Wow..

Ali said...

Vicki, I am still in awe re: how much Molly looks like Lucie! L. is an indoor dog too. But when she she goes outdoors in backyard w/ one of us, her most fave thing is to CHEW, and I mean **CHEW,** on any old brittle sticks that she can lay her paws on! LOL! It's quite funny, she is SO earnest about her stix.

Enjoyed your newest projects, they're gorgeous! And those rub-ons look yummy...

Have a wunnerful day!