Monday, October 06, 2008

Altered key box

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Pretty uneventful here... except that we did get the downstairs bathroom painted. woo hoo!
Yesterday I worked on this Altered Key box. I have to tell you .. I have more that "a few" boxes of items waiting to be altered. I tell my self .. no matter how good the deal... NO MORE projects to alter, until I use up some that are already waiting. ha.. I'm not very good at this.
Anyway, this was one of the projects that has been sitting in a box waiting patiently.. so last night.. I decided it was time.
I used one of my favorite images from the Christmas Image and Journal books from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage.


and I little of this and that.
I added some "stickles" to the snow on the image.


and bits of ephemera.



The photo easily pops out of the box from the inside, so I didn't want to make the outside to "seasonal".. as I want to be able to change it out if a choose to. (There are cute images from the other booklets to you know) lol Maybe , Spring, Summer ect...

Here is the inside. I couldn't stand the black back showing where the image goes ... so I just made something to go in there. (which can easily be changed out also)




I need to be working on Christmas gifts... maybe this will be one?
It's coming fast.

Just time for a short post today. I'm helping out a friend the next today with a move.
Hope you all have a great start to your week!

10 comments:

oil penny stocks said...

very cool.

TattingChic said...

This is soooo cute! You always make such amazing transformations with things. Beautiful!

rose said...

ohhhhhh love this key box a\nd one of the images I love in the booklet and so many to choose from,this is darling,oh someone is going to be lucky at christmas!
oh I so hear you on No more buys to alter but if you got the bug you cannot help it rofl!

In A Pinch Designs by Judy and Sheri said...

Beautiful Vicki! You've inspired me to start working on more altered items. I love your work!
Sheri

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Lovely, it would make a super gift! Maybe you could include the pictures all ready to swap out for the other seasons! I know...I'm adding to your work!

Charmingdesigns said...

I love this!!!! Laurie

Kara Ward said...

I am decorating for Halloween and you have me ready to throw it all in the box and start decorating for Christmas. LOL> Love the little box. It is so Victorian. I have lost my box of goodies for you. It is buried in my craft studio as I am trying to move it to the toy room. On top of that, I have garage sale junk everywhere. The house is getting the best of me. That is why I am decorating for Halloween...LOL. Kara

The Vintage Dresser said...

I love your key box, it is beautiful! I know what you mean about not buying any more supplies until you've used up some of what you already have! I have my stuff stored in old suitcases which are now so overflowing that I cannot close them! I tell myself all the time... no more!! It never works!

Tania

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

What a sweet sentiment, "a tender thought"! And stickles makes great snow.

I do the same, anytime I see a bargain that is blah, I think, I can fix that!! And also have a huge supply of those finds waiting to be altered and embellished.

janel said...

Darling design. Love that little ticket and bingo button. Always a treat to see your work! Have a great evening.