Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A couple of new projects

I worked a couple of new projects yesterday using Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage "Clear Art stamps"
The "W" on this layout is from the "Artsy Alphabet" set... the journaling lines below from the "Frame it" set. Cute baby boy .. Wyatt. Gabby was over, doing my hair one day and Wyatt decided that the sunflowers in the vase on my table looked pretty interesting to him. It was so cute. The little sweetie has grown up so much since these photos..but I still just love em.


I embossed the "W" with black.
Journaling lines. But check out what all is on this set. "Frame It"
The fabric sunflower image is from the "Fall" Homespun Cotton Scraps
I just used a glue stick to attach it and my trusty tracing wheel for the faux stitched look. You can machine stitch these on to projects..but you sure don't have to.


_and_______________________________________________________

You have to check out the Heartwarming Vintage blog and hear about the new stamp sets that have arrived. This is one of them Snow Bunnies
As you know .. I'm not much of a image "colorer"... don't even own a copic marker ( sad.. I know).. but this was fun to color just using a little chalk and watercolor pencils.
It is the most darling stamp set.
Cute little sayings on the set also.
Papers are Jenni Bowlin.

Okay... we need some groceries in this house.. old mother hubbards cupboards are bare. lol
Off to the store for me.
Hope youre day is wonderful!

6 comments:

Rainy said...

Both are really cute, but I have a thing for sunflowers so I really like that LO.

harrahx2 said...

I love the color combo on this. I would not think to put together these colors. Love it!

Charmingdesigns said...

I took the copic certification and came away without buying any.lol. You did great with your watercolor pencils...Tell you what works great...pick up a set of watercolor crayons...you can dampen you brush, touch it to the crayon...then paint, clean and easy. Laurie

Bev said...

Great LO & coloring. I broke down and only bought 2 copics for outlining. I'm with Laurie, I like the color crayons or pencils...that way you can start light and go dark.

B

Ali said...

Vicki, thanks for the great LOs and cards... WONDERFUL! I shared the fabric application w/ gluestick tip over at Scrapbooker's Club House as the girls had brought up this VERY TOPIC a day or so ago!!! LOL so timely- Thanks. I linked the SBCH to your blog. :o)

cindy said...

Love the colors and sunflowers in the top lo.

c