Saturday, October 04, 2008

Happy Saturday!

Happy Fall Saturday!

I finally worked on a little something yesterday. It's just a simple (really simple) lol... album for my Aunt. I took some photos around thier place when we were there a couple of weekends ago, and I wanted to just put them into a little album for her. The purpose was mostly .. just to get the photos into a little book.. not lots of embellishing going on here.. just a little book she can keep.
The album is a Melissa Frances Chipboard album.
This is the lane that leads to their farm place.

I just put places for journaling , so that she can add that herself. I thought it might be a good place for her to write down, what year the house was built, how long the land had been in the family, dates like that.



They always grow a HUGE garden, and always have as long as I can remember. It's a huge part of "who they are" so I included lots of photos of the garden , and it's bounty.


Like I said, really simple pages. I used lots of Fancy Pants Rubons for embellishing the matted photos. When I'm in a creative slump.. I love doing projects like this,.. where with some paper and a few rub ons , you can get all the photos in an album and finished in a day.


In the last page of the album (below) the photo is looking from their land to where my grandparents farm was. (where the trees in the distance are).


Off in the mail to SD on Monday. ...Hope she enjoys it.
___________________________________________________________

Yesterday afternoon I met the girls over at Paula's for a little creative time. I made some Mostachioli salad to take for lunch and some of my pumpkin muffins.
I LOVE these muffins...and it's such an easy smezzy recipe. I make them every fall.. so I share the recipe here on the old blog every year. If you like pumpkin.. you'll love these. They are so moist.. make a big batch and freeze really well,

I usually don't frost them ...but for the ones I took over to Paula's.. I just made some frosting by adding a little powdered sugar and some Cinnamon to a container of "whipped" cream cheese.

PUMPKIN MUFFINS/or bread
(the recipe is originally for bread..but I always make muffins)
3 cups sugar
1 c oil
4 eggs
2 (15 oz cans or one Lg can ) pumpkin
2/3 c water
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinn
1 tsp nutmeg
3 1/2 c flour
2 tsp. baking soda
Combine all and mix with electric mixer. Grease 3 loaf pans and bake at 350 for 60
(adapt for muffins) ENJOY!
______________________________________________

We had a great time chatting and playing with Glimmer Mist at Paula's. The girls wanted me to show them how to make the hanging file folder, so ... play we did.

Always fun to spend time with others who enjoy the same things you do.


Here are some of the beautiful things they created yesterday.

It seems we always get so caught up in chatting , I set the camera down and then never get photos of the "finished" projects. ha

Isn't this darling? Stephanie made these for us



along with these ATC's and this beautiful card.










by: Stephanie Freeman


It was a really enjoyable day!
_______________________________________________________
We are in the process of painting our down stairs ceilings .. so it's time to put on the old work clothes and get something done. Sounds like fun huh?
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

18 comments:

Viv (VivLyn) said...

I love the album you made for your aunt! Lovely!! It looks like you had a fun day and see what a good teacher you are? Their projects are beautiful! I love the little pin and the ATC's!

Elaine said...

The album for your aunt is just elegant and such a kind gesture!

KimmyS said...

Where do I start?
The album for your aunt is just amazing, she is so gonna flip!
Now the pumpkin muffins are so dang lickable - next year I guess I have to come over and get some - he he

Nat said...

love love love the album you made - and the cupcakes are amazing! So much eyecandy!

sherri (Tied Up In Ribbons) said...

the photos are wonderful and the album is just perfect for them. Love the softness & minimalist look.

Sharon in NE said...

I love that photo album. Beautiful pics. The pumpkin muffins would be so good with coffee right now...dang, I suppose I'll have to make them myself.
Looks like it was a good crafting day. hi Paula! (waving)

TattingChic said...

The album is so beautiful! It looks like those gals had a fabulous, creative time together. Those pumpkin muffins look delicious!

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh my goodness...you did it again! I just love the book for your aunt. the photos are so beautiful...wish I could have join the fun!! Laurie

Gail S. said...

Love the album and the recipe! Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend and happy painting!!

janel said...

What a great album. I love that you left room for her to journal. What a treasure. I am definitely copying that pumpkin recipe, as that is just what I need...yum. Looks like you had a grand time together..and that is one load of glimmer mist I see on the table...wow!
The cold is coming, so get your sweater out and have an extra pumpkin treat.

Shawn said...

Love the album that is really sweet of you I bet they will love it!

Elly said...

I've to paint the ceiling in my son's room, but I'm not in the mood today! It's raining and raining and raining outside but also inside! Grrr... that's depressing me! Luckily I've your blog to cheer me up! Lovely book you made for your aunt! Your recipe sounds yummie, the pics looks yummie! I wish you could be my teacher one day! I've glimmer mist in da house, but must find courage to use it, hahaha!!! Nice sunday to you!!!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

what an awesome album! are those onions in the garden photo? They are huge!! I love the building photos too.

Shirl Martin said...

My first time at your blog and wow! the album lovely, I am going to make the muffins for my Bible student this week and some for home. Those beautiful creations, oh my they were breathtaking!! Would you share how you made them? I am just getting my feel wet in the stamping process, so many beautful thing. I hope I hear from you.

rose said...

oh what a beautiful,elegant albumn you made for your Aunt,so nice

Anonymous said...

OK I'm moving! I want to join you! Looks like a blast! I need this kind of group. I have a lot of friends but they are not artsy fartsy like me & I miss the interaction of like minds.

Charlene said...

Oooooooooooops I pushed publish by mistake not preview) for the above. Sorry

Gretchen said...

Vicki!! I made your pumpkin muffins with a can of pumpkin my mom brought me (no canned pumpkin in France, darnit!) and they were SOOOOOO YUMMY! We're all five of us crazy for pumpkin muffins now, lol. You're my pumpkin muffin hero! Heehee! :)