Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New project... finally!

The sun is shining today and I'm trying to work my way out of my little creative slump I've been in. Thanks for all your "inspiration ideas" yesterday. It's always fun to hear what inspires others to create. I'm pretty amazed at how much a sun shiny day has done for me.
__________________________________
I spend most of yesterday working on finishing up kiting my classes for next for Albion's "Big Birthday Bash" ( NOV 7th, 8th, and 9th). If you live near ( NE) and are interested .. just call the store for the info.. they'll be happy to help you.
Scrapbook Paradise 402-395-6005. There will be a number of great classes offered that day, by different instructors. My sister Jan and I will be doing 6 classes that (Nov8th) Saturday. Looking forward to it!
__________________________________

Late last night and this morning I worked on this. I found this cute little frame at a thrift store. It was an ugly green and gold ..but I little white paint took care of that. I didn't want the glass in it... so just tossed that.
I think the papers in the Classic Paper Pad from Craft Secrets Heartwarming Vintage are probably my very favorite. I find myself just draw to them.. especially when using vintage photos and images. This paper just speaks for it's self.. you just don't need much else when you use it. It's just beautiful.
You can click to see it larger.
That sweet little label down toward the bottom right is one from a sheet of labels you get in the Classic Paper Pad also. The stamp is from the Mini Memories set of Clear Art Stamps from Crafty Secrets.

The post card piece here and the piece tucked under the lower left hand corner are both from the "Summertime" Image and Journal book.
The decorative corner piece and keyhole are from Melissa Frances.

Not sure exactly who the sweeties are in the photo. Family of my moms friend Mary. I will have to ask her. Just thought it looked like a sweet grandma and her granddaughters. That's part of the intrigue of old photos to me.. even if you don't know those in the photos, you have to wonder what their lives where like back then, what their days consisted of from morning till night. I find it so interesting. Just mades you want to crawl back in time and chat with them for a bit.

And thanks Paula.. I'm putting all that lace to good use. ( yes... I'm actually using some of it.. not just looking at it) lol Although.. both are quite enjoyable to me. lol

*** Giveaways***
I also wanted to mention.. Sandy is back from Holidays and has posted on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog... TWO fantastic giveaways HERE
******************************************************
And speaking of giveaways... don't forget to comment HERE for the one I have going this week.

********
Enjoy your day friends!

20 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

Well, my goodness, look what a little cheery sunshine can do...nice project! Love the colors and of course the lace! I'm with you, though. Cloudy overcast weather and I have to fight all day to be productive.

Charmingdesigns said...

Lovely as always. Sunshine is a wonderful thing!! Laurie

rose said...

oh la la ! if this is what the sun does to you, I`m sending you some more sunshine lol!!
This is just beautiful and well I love that pad so much its hard cutting it ! but what a piece you have created here I LOVE IT!

Angela said...

WOW--love your project (as always, Vicki!), but what truly impressed me was Tilly and the Wall's Beat Control song! Normally I blog hop on mute, but not this time and now I need to know where to get the CD!!! Please tell me!

Shawn said...

The sun finally came out here too! That frame is cute and what an adorable picture!

stampqueen said...

I love this frame - love the lace around the photo!!! I don't normally like pink that much but this is just too cute!!!

TattingChic said...

This is so pretty! I love it. You've done a fabulous job. I am never disappointed when I see your projects they are so well done and pretty!

chelemom said...

This is really lovely! You always put together the sweetest pieces!

Cathy said...

This is too sweet! Amazing what a little white paint can do! Beautiful!!

Viv (VivLyn) said...

I agree that sunshine brings out the creative spirit!! Your picture frame came out lovely! That paper is the best and the picture is so cute! Great job, Vic!

Micki said...

Very pretty! And some wonderful familiar papers!

Snuppeline said...

That is so lovely! The frame turned out beautifully, imagine what paint can do! The lace, the stiching, the paper and the color, it all comes togheter to make a beautiful project!

Catherine said...

Vicki this is pure beauty!! I am so in love with the pinks and the pictures on this, it's totally perfect!! I think you may be out of your slump now?? !! xox.

Kara Ward said...

I am catching up today...oh, this framed layout is to die for....pink and pretty all over. Thanks for sharing such beautiful art. Kara

Susan said...

Looks like you're back from your slump! Great project - love those papers too.
Susan

bnovacek said...

so pretty vic! love all the yummy layering!

Marisa said...

Wow Vicki, I just love, love, love what you have done with that frame. I saw a similar frame in a Thrift store here is BC that was all gold and I was thinking of getting it and altering the color of the frame. You have given me a great idea with what you have done with this frame. Now I just have to go back to the store and get it. Thanks so much for all the inspiration you post in your blog. Your talent is just amazing.

Marisa

Ali said...

Simply stunning in a soft and gentle way, Vicki. LOVE it. This project made my day: It's just gorgeous. Have a super weekend!!

Michelle McGee said...

Gosh, that's pretty!

Corinna said...

This is the first time I've been to your blog (via ScrapScene) and I must say this project is absolutely stunning. I can't stop looking at it! I have so many old photos that look just like this one from my mother-in-law and hadn't decided what to do with them yet, but now I'm thinking of making frames similar to yours and giving them for Christmas gifts. My mother-in-law is gone now, and this would be a lovely reminder of her for the family. Oh, I just can't tell you how much I love this! :) Now I'm off to check out the rest of your blog and see what I've been missing! LOL

Corinna www.myscrapbooklife.com