Thursday, October 30, 2008

TECC Challenge 40 / Happy Halloween

****Happy Halloween!! **** Go ahead grab a handful. lol







Well, not only is it Halloween , but it's Friday.. so it's Taylor Challenge day! Woo hoo!

And here's this weeks sketch from Taylor.



After working ahead a bit and making my card for this challenge.. I realized last night ...um the card I had made wasn't the least bit " Hallweenish" , eeeekkk and this post will be on Halloween. That just couldn't be.........

so two cards this week. ha Solved that problem.

** So here is my "Halloweenish" card, using this weeks sketch.

Halloween image , and stamp, from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage.



and.. here is the first card I had done with the sketch.. (seen what I mean.. not exactly Halloweenish).

This image is from the Crafty Secrets Christmas Image and Journal book. Stamp from the Vintage Christmas stamp set.



I used a Sakura Stardust gelly roll over the holly stamp..and Stickles on the snow and the image.

This weeks cupcake samplers is Mary Fish * Stampn Pretty* So pop on over and check out her take on the sketch... AND.. the lovely creations of the other Cupcake Crew girls


Taylor Vanbruggen:Taylored Expressions

Jami Sibley: More is More

Monika Davis: M.A.D. Stamper

Jackie Pedro: The Scalloped Edge


Sherrie Siemens: Card Creme

Ana Wohlfahrt: Ink A Stamp

Stephanie Hargis: Steph's Stampin' Stuff
****************************************************************
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Aly and Molly are thinking about going as dogs

I told them it' was lame and tried to talk them out of it.. to no avail.


I guess I'm going as the crazy dog lady. lol



20 comments:

Sherrie said...

Happy Halloween Vicki....love both cards! Don't your dogs look so happy and proud to get a little dressed up! I smiled when I saw those pics....ahem, please pass the candy corn!

Jami said...

Both cards are fantastic. That pink vintage Christmas card really blows me away! Happy Halloween and thanks for sharing the candy corn - great post-opener!

Sharon in NE said...

Love candy corn! Almost as much as your dogs! Cards too! Have a great halloween.

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh that Christmas card is sooooo beautiful!!! Laurie

Bev said...

I love that Christmas Card! I love how you did the gel pen over the holly leaves....would have never thought of that!

Happy Halloooooweeeeennnn!!

Taylor VanBruggen said...

Seriously, Vicki... what are you trying to do to me!? I LOVE CANDY CORN! And I want to jump through the screen and into your craft room to eat candy corn and watch you create all day. How fun would that be!? Both of your cards are simply adorable! Happy Halloween!

Jackie Pedro said...

MMMMM....candy corn!! Your cards are wonderful, Vicki!! Your pooches are pretty cute, too!! Happy Halloween!

cindy said...

LOVE the cards! Happy Halloween to you too!

c

harrahx2 said...

I am rolling on the floor laughing! I always love your blog but today, you were really a hoot! The dogs look so serious and you sound so serious and I am crying laughing and then along comes the bra and at this point I am hysterical! I got a special envelope today also and it made me cry! So you are 2 for 2, made me cry then made me laugh! You are just too special.

harrahx2 said...

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention, the "non-Halloween" card made me almost spit water through my nose as I was taking a sip at the time. I scroll down and here is this beautiful pink creation, so totally anti-halloween! Talk about laughter!

Scrappy Jessi said...

Hey there,
all the cards are beautiful, so are the doggies!!

Happy Halloween
oxoxo,
jessi

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great cards! Love the colors on both and the vintage card is just fantastic. TFS!

TattingChic said...

What a great layout and once again you were up to the challenge! The pink christmassy one is my fave. What a cute doggy! :)

janel said...

Happy Boo to you too. The cards are great, and the stickles snow is wonderful. Love the dimension. I would love to share my candy corn with you too but oops, mine are ALL gone.
hugs

happiness blooms said...

Oh My GOSH! I don't know what I'm drooling over more... the fall trees above (you are SO lucky to have that scene out your window!), the candy or the cards (sorry, no drool for the pups)! Both cards are just stunning, but I gotta say, the pink one made my jaw drop. Gorgeous!!!!!!

Susan said...

Even if it is Halloween, love the Christmas card! Cute doggies.
Susan

Michelle said...

LOL! cute!

Nelly said...

Vicki -- I love your vintage christmas card! It's so beautiful. What is the round object and how did you make it? I love it all but that element is so cute too! I always enjoy reading your blog; you're truly an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.
Nelly

MJ said...

N got excited seeing the candy corn: "we have those" she said! N tried petting your dogs. I have little fingerprints all over my monitor now, thanks to you!

Stephanie Hargis said...

Both cards are adorable Vicki! :) I also have to say that the pictures of your dogs are so funny! Haha! Too cute!

((hugs))