Sunday, November 02, 2008

At the Cabin

It was an absolutely gorgeous weekend here in Nebraska's. Perfect fall weather. It would have been a same to spend it inside.. so I call my sister and brother-in-law , on a whim and asked if they wanted to meet us out at the cabin for dinner and a bonfire.

We used to have LOTS of gatherings at the cabin..but after we moved from town to the country.. I started not going to the cabin as much.. I was just content to be here at home. Dan spends lots of time there, and is constantly trying to get me to come along. (Pulling me away from my studio and the Internet can be a chore at times) lol
Anyway... fall at the cabin really is beautiful , so this weekend was the perfect time to enjoy it.
It was defiantly a spontaneous , spur of the moment sort of thing.. but sometimes those work out best right?


Keith is a total camera bug so he and I click away, while we still had light. Lots of abandon places to check out and cool things to see.. we had a great time.

We even had to dogs out there with us. They were loving every minute. This is the road right in front of our cabin. Keith is a fantastic photographer.. I cant wait to get a CD of the shots he took yesterday. This one I took of Dan and the Dogs is crappy.. but oh..the one Keith got it going to be framed in my house. It's just so cool!


I loved seeing Keith setting his self (and his beer) down in the road to get the shot he wanted.


Check out the lens on that camera , will ya? Whoa!

We had Chili, listen to the game, had a fire , and just hung out. It was a great time!


I took photos of us sitting around the fire after dark..but they didn't turn out that great... but you get the idea. ha

Oh... yeah... Guess what else we had??????


YUM!
__________________________________________________
I promise, I'll quit playing and actually make something to share tomorrow! Geeeezzz, what a slacker I've been. lol

12 comments:

TattingChic said...

You have a dream life, my friend!

chelemom said...

Awesome photos! And you are entitled to "slack" off every now and then! : )

Charlene said...

His camera must weigh a ton! Hey, you deserve the time to play. Life is not all work... I know we all love to create but, sometimes just breathe

Rainy said...

I enjoying seeing your other part of your life. It is wonderful! Ummm Smores sound good if it wasn't 80 degrees with the air on here. Oh yes, I still have some alterables left, but am in the middle of putting cabinets in my craft room so everything is a mess. I will be glad to send you what I have left when I locate the box, if your interested. Hugs

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh but to take the time to enjoy life is soooo much more important!! Love that camera...wonder if it would help me.lol. Laurie

janel said...

That looks like such fun. Isn't it a treat to have family close so that you can do that. I can't decide which was larger...that lens or the bonfire! Wow!
So glad you had a wonderful Sunday. I hear the cold is coming my way, so enjoy today, huh?
Great photos!

bnovacek said...

i love that you took some time off and had fun! especially with jan & keith! and i'm totally jealous of keith's lens!

KimmyS said...

Woooooaaaaa - I can feel lens envy coming on here...he he

What a wonderful time you all must have had. Love that picture in the window frame

Deb S. said...

aww looks like you had a fun time! that's great! love the photo of all the trees,aren't they gorgeous this year? also love the one of you and sweet jan! tfs with us!

Catherine said...

Looks like you had a great night!! Wish I had been there!

Sugar Bear said...

Looks like a perfect fall day!
Karla

rose said...

oh looks like a great time at the cabin,oh I just love that run down window,oh and hersheys yum yum love it