Friday, November 21, 2008

Finally ... a layout

I've been working so much on cards, altering and vintage stuff, I felt like it had been ..forever, since I actually did a layout. I finally just sat down , with no specific products I had to use, no assignment due.. no theme to follow.. just paper and scissors... , and put together a layout. It was fun to just "do it"... a little stamping , a little stitching.. ahhh.. I feel better. hahah
I've had this photo of Nathaniel and I since last Easter, and have been really wanting to scrap it.. so finally... I did. He was sharing is music with me.

You can click to see it larger if you want.

********************************************************************
I had a great mail day also! Two fun packages from dear friends. My blog friend Jane (harrahx2), sent me this amazing box of goodies.. for no reason , other than she is a sweetie! I was like a little kid on Christmas morning. All these fun things to look through... each it's own little treasure. It totally made my day!

Check out this Beautiful Bracelet. I LOVE it! Thankyou so much friend!


I don't know if you remember me telling you about the little jar of toys and tiny treasures my Aunt Pauline used to have for us to look through when we went to visit them on the farm..but I loved that jar! And every time we visited, I couldn't wait to see what little things she had added to the jar since our last visit. Well, since then her grand daughter Paula, (my cousin and friend) .. gave me a jar of my own... and started it off by added a few little treasures to the inside. I decided then, I was going to always have this jar at my house and add little goodies to it for the little ones who come to visit here to look. I hope it intrigues them , like Aunt Paulines goodie jar, intrigued me. Anyway... a few of the fun little goodies Jane sent me are now added to "the jar".

*I cant wait to have Griff out .. I think he will like the "the jar". lol




As if that wasn't good enough.. I got this totally sweet note and ATC from Cat today. I MISS YA KITTY! I have quite a collection of her art now.. and it hangs in my studio.. so I can enjoy it everyday!

I am SO thankful for the dear friends I have been blessed with! I'm a lucky lucky girl!


****************************************************************

Speaking of friends.. I'm heading off for my photography class at Becky's new loft today. It's an "all day" sorta thing.. and I'm so excited to learn more about how to take better photos. It's going to be so much more fun than reading that boring old manual. lol ( which.. by the way.. I still have never done.) eeeekkk.

Later gators! Enjoy your weekend!

14 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

Love that photo! Now what were you listening to? Have a great weekend.
Karla

Dru said...

What a great layout and I love the bracelet and the jar of goodies - how fun! I have something for you over on my blog, please stop by.

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, you take great photos. You share so much and give so much and it's nice to be able to give a little laughter back! Happy Thanksgiving and when I sit down to say thanks, you are right up there on my list.

harrahx2 said...

By the way, that is a great phot of you and that young man and let me tell you, he is way too good looking for his own good! What a cutie.

Charmingdesigns said...

Ok, I'm glad you explained. I thought you were taking a nap.LOL..Love the layout...Oh how I wish I could take that photography class with you!!! I need it soooo bad. laurie

Cassie said...

Lovely layout that you completed! How nice of your friend to send the surprise package. Whatever is on the CD is probably interesting! I noticed it says "kinky" on it! ;)

KimmyS said...

What a fabulous layout and what AWESOME friends you have!
And I am with Cassie - I am very intrigued about the "kinky" CD

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Love the layout! You did receive some real treasures there!

Monica said...

Oh i so know what you mean about scrapping a page. Ever since moving to Okinawa I havent even uploaded new pics to get developed! Makes me sad every time I think about how far behind I am!
Have fun with Becky!

rose said...

oh what a beautiful layout,great picture of the two of you.
How much fun is this recieving goodies in the post fab lace
You are making me want to do a layout out now,been messing and altering and playing to much lol!!

bnovacek said...

love that layout vic!!! glad to see you on a layout :)

it was so good to have you at the workshop today!

chelemom said...

LOVE that LO! The colors are fantastic!!! Love all those goodies too!

Precious Treasures said...

SO FUNNY when I was scrolling down BEFORE I seen who sent it to you I thought I bet it is from Cat as it is so "Cat". hee hee

Catherine said...

So glad you like your ATC, I had a lot of fun making it...plus that picture came from that place in Omaha where the pictures were just .50 cents....let me know if you ever go back there - I'll send you some money for a treasure load of new pictures...I'm getting low! :-) xox.