Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Off to CKC-Seattle

Just about packed and ready to leave for Seattle .. EARLY tomorrow morning. Should be a fun time. I'll be working the Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Booth with Sandy and her husband Scott. They are great people , I always look forward to any time I get to spend with them. If you're in the area, or at the show... come by the booth and say HELLO!
I have my post for Taylor's Challenge scheduled to post Friday then I'll have lots of photos to share with you when I get back on Monday.

I cant remember if I shared this project some time ago when I did it.. if so I apologize. This hangs in my room because even in the middle of a dreary winter , I have a little bit of spring. haha It was done on a 16x20 canvas... only I just flipped the canvas over and used the backside.. covering the wood frame with mixed patterned papers.

I used a mix of some of my favorite patterned papers, this and that chipboard, paint, felt, buttons and mini pop pom trim. I'm going to be making some of these to sell. Looking forward to it.. it's a fun project.


As I was snapping a photo of that project on the wall.... I thought I'd share this also. Paula cave me this cute little hanger some time ago. I pulled this little dress (that used to be mine), out of the keepsake box , and put the hanger to good use. I love having it hanging in here.


Here is where they hang. Talk about a mess of stuff on that wall.. holy cow . lol My room is defiantly filled with "stuff".. but I enjoy being surrounded with things that have special meaning to me, and colors and supplies that inspire me. ( plus.. if the supplies are out.. where I can see them.. I don't forget I have them) lol


****************************************************************

I do have some fun news to share. I was asked to join the Altered Arts Magazine Design Team for the 2009-2010 term. Cant wait to jump in and create with the talented girls on that team.
I have enjoyed the magazine , and gotten to know more about it through submitting and having my work published in it over the past few years, so to be a part of the team will be a real honor.
I'll never forget how surprised I was to pull this out of the mail and see my project on the cover.
Totally fun! I knew it was being published but had no idea it was going to be the cover.
Clara said she didn't say anything , so it would be a surprise..... ummm... IT WAS lol
(this was Jan-Feb 2007 issue)
Little Miss Altered dolly.. hangs in my room now.

_________________________________________________

Jarad and Kate were here for dinner last night. Nothing fancy.. just tacos..but it was good to see them. I'm happy anytime the kids come home.
I'm pretty much packed.. just need to charge camera batteries... phone.. things like that.
Like I said above.. I'll have Fridays post scheduled ... after that.. I'll be back Monday.
Hope you all have a super rest of the week and weekend!!! Back soon!

14 comments:

Precious Treasures said...

If you ever want someone to go along with you call me as I would love to get away.

I am so hooked on Tilly and the Wall now. I have even downloaded all their videos off itunes. I need to see if Liz can meet them as she has danced since age 2 and we should get them together and have her clog with them for fun!

Sugar Bear said...

Have a blast! You get to go to some great spots.
Karla

rose said...

oh wish I was coming,have a super safe trip and enjoy all the show
Oh how wonderful to have a dress,so full of memories from your childhood.
oh congrat on the mag design team[ a good enough reason to re-new my subs lol!! I was going to anyway] love that mag so much

Bev said...

No wonder your doll made it to the front page - It's so cool! I love the license plate idea! Have fun at CKC!

harrahx2 said...

Wow and congratulations on the design team. I am glad you told me about being out of town. Love-love-love your ideas in your craft room with the hangers and everything. Sooooo cute! I have a wooden hanger that I amgoing to try altering after the holidays. Have a great time and don't spend too much money!

Angie said...

Have fun. I am sitting here in awe of your amazing talent.

Viv (VivLyn) said...

I hope you get a chance to look around Seattle! It's beautiful!! Lucky lady!! I can't believe how you get everything in and now a new design team! Congrats!!!

mimi said...

Congratulations on being asked to join the design team!!! That is so exciting. I hope you have a wonderful time CKC-Seattle. I can't wait to see all of your pictures and hear about all your adventures. Looking forward to Monday.
Mimi

janel said...

WOW, congratulations! That is a match made in heaven. You will be such an asset to the team. Hooray for you. Have a wonderful time. Seattle is a place I have never been but would love to visit...and I don't even like coffee. Take lots of pictures and can't wait to see all the fun you are up to. Tell Sandy hello and enjoy the weekend!

chelemom said...

I wish I could head off to Seattle!!! Have a great time! Congrats on your newest endevour!!!

Tabitha W. said...

that dolly is adorable! have a safe trip :)

Ingvild Bolme (Spinnvild) said...

EVERYTHING you do is just so delictae and creative! Wow I love your work!

Wish you a fab. day!

Melissa said...

Ohhhhh YAAAY! I'm so tickled for you...what a wonderful opportunity. You are incredibly talented and deserving of this amazing experience! What a sweet project too.
Melissa

Kathleen Summers said...

Congrats on the mag DT spot, woohoo! They are fortunate to have such a talented and sweet gal on their team.

I saw your super cute Christmas house on the Scrappy Gourmet newsletter and had to come over and say hi.

HI! ;)

XOXOXO