Friday, November 21, 2008

TECC43

It's Friday.. so it's Taylors Challenge Day. Here is this weeks fun sketch.

I did a simple layout and a card with the sketch this week.
Below is the layout.



and here is the card


I loved this patterned black and white printed paper from "Me & My Big Ideas". I used chalks and a blender pen to color some of the flowers. I added some fine glitter to the centers of the flowers with a Quickie glue pen and fine iridescent glitter.


This weeks featured cupcake sampler is Laura Fredrickson Stamp'n extras
Please stop by and see what Laura and the rest of the cupcake crew has created with this weeks sketch.
Taylor Vanbruggen- Taylored Expressions
Monika Davis: M.A.D. Stamper
Jackie Pedro: The Scalloped Edge
Ana Wohlfahrt: Ink A Stamp
Vicki Chrisman: This Art that makes me Happy
Stephanie Hargis: Steph's Stampin' Stuff
Jami Sibley: More is More
Sherrie Siemens: Card Creme
_______________________________________________________
Last night we had a great time having dinner with family. My sister Donna and her husband Ron from AZ have been here for a visit. Our cold weather was a shock to their systems I'm sure. brrrrr. We had a really nice time.
My mom is doing well. (although she isn't turned around for this photo) lol While I was gone in Seattle , she took a fall. She was having some swelling in her knee so she had been using her walker. She got up in the night and her knee went out on her, causing her to fall. She hit her head on the dresser, and ended up having to having to be taken to the emergency room to have a few staples put in. It was scary... but she is totally fine. She will be having surgery on the knee as soon as it can be scheduled. She is a strong and determined woman. Nothing keeps her down long. We are all so thankful her fall wasn't worse when she fell.

I'm excited for tomorrow ,as I'm taking a photography class from Becky. Should be a fun day!

15 comments:

Jami said...

Greattakes ont he sketch! Love the photo layout and that black and white paper is so cool - great way to showcase it!

Stephanie Hargis said...

Wow! What fun projects! I especially love the photo layout! That is such a fantastic idea! :D Have a great day girl!

((hugs))

Ana said...

AWESOME!! I love how you use a picture. You always have the best ideas!!

Sherrie said...

Oh how neat to see a layout with this sketch...looks fabulous Vicki!

Taylor said...

These are both so perfect, Vicki! You've inspired me in numerous ways! I seriously want to create a frame just like yours with a pic of my husband for my desk at work. I LOVE IT! And the card... gorgeous! I have those pearl chalks in the store and I just haven't done anything with them yet. I hear them calling my name this weekend! :) Hope you have a good one!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great cards! Love how you made the frame using the sketch... the flowers look gorgeous on the card. TFS!

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, tell your mom I hope she does well. The surgery will be so worth it after the fact. I love the photos and the store......to die for. I want everything andnothing. Isn't that funny? I would love to borrow and return but not own. Hope you get your package soon.

stampqueen said...

Love the blue card!!! It has an oriental flair.
Is your Mom having her knee replaced or 'just' orthoscopic? I hope the ortho as it is easier!!(been there done that). Prayers and Blessing on the winds in her direction!!

janel said...

Oh, lucky girl you are. Have a wonderful time with Becky! I am so glad your mom is ok. I hope she heals fast. Love your card and layout...what a handsome little guy. Thinking of you!

Jackie Pedro said...

Love your photo layout....fantastic, Vicki! Your card is beautiful....love the DP!!

Michelle said...

all kind of fun! I like the layout of the tunes! Cute!

Country Liv . . . said...

Goodness Vic! I just got this post this morning and read about Sweet Momma! This is the type of thing that happens and you wonder 'what if?' and get yourself all in a tizzy. Thank God she is alright. When she has the knee surgery will they give her an epidermal or put her to sleep? Hope for the former.
Seeing your family together always makes me have hope for the future of our country and my family too. Y'all are such an inspiration to the rest of us! Blessings on all of y'all and a hug for Sweet Momma.
Love,
Liv

Kara Ward said...

Becky's class would be divine. I hope you learn a ton. I think she is the bomb! She is the master of light in photography. I can't wait to see all she teaches you. Kara

Elaine said...

Glad your mom is OK!! The layout is super sweet! I love your expression in the picture btw! Great card too. I've been wanting those pearly chalks -- now I'll have to put them on my Christmas wish list! :)

Catherine said...

I hope your Mom has recovered from her fall....how's her knee??