Sunday, November 09, 2008

Weekend Classes

We had so much fun yesterday , teaching at the "Big Birthday Bash" Crop in Albion.. Hosted by Scrapbook Paradise. They have this crop every year in November..and boy has it just grown and grown since it they first started! This year was over the top... so many there.. the classes were held in the other big building just adjacent to this one. They have all these great new Fairgrounds buildings.
Now that's alot of scrapbookers!
(not bad for a town with a population of around 1,600) lol

Like I said ,this even has grown so much since the beginning... it's been fun to watch. These girls don't mess around..they put on quite an invent! We are always so impressed with all they put into it ( down to every little detail) to make this event so fantastic. Pretty darn impressive.
_____________________________
Below is a photo of Jan with one of our classes. This day , spent doing this with her , is what really makes it fun for me. This is something we do together every year,( and although it a long day on our feet).. it's so fun!

I think all the girls had a fun time , and seemed to enjoy the classes also.

The "Cards in a Can" class , using Crafty Secrets was a huge success. They girls had fun and were so happy with their finished cards.


Below is the can... which could be used to keep received Christmas cards.. so to give away with goodies in it , at Christmas time.

This little sweetie was helping her mom ,every step of the way.

These were the cards we did , using images from the Christmas Image and Journal Book.

A super nice bunch of girls to spend the day with.

We used Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L's , double sided tape to attach the papers to the paint can. The girls were SOLD on it .. and loved how it worked for altered projects.



Below is just the cover of one of the albums in one of the classes we taught yesterday.

I wish I would have taken more photos of the set up... but after a full day of 6 classes and a long drive home... we were ready to get off our feet. lol These scrapbookers had been there the entire day before (all day Friday), and are still there today. They had quite a weekend. But then again... they had plenty of sugar to keep them going. lol

Thankyou Kami, Janet and Starr, for all your had work .. and for always making us feel so welcome. It was a super day!
If you'd like to be placed on their mailing list or find out more about the next crop you can call
Scrapbook Paradise at 402-395-6005
__________________________________________________
Now off to unpack and put things away.
Hope you are having a great weekend!

11 comments:

Joyce said...

Vicki;
I love the album cover! it is beautiful, and I wish I could attend one of your classes! can you tell me how you get the paper under the spirals?

rose said...

oh well this just looks like a great deal of fun was ad by everyone!! and I have sat all on my own creating this weekend[nothing changes lol!!] but did get a project complete that was whizzing in my head started & finished
have a great weekend!

Stampin' D'Amour said...

WOW!! What a cool event! That is one HUGE room for some major Croppin'!! :0)

-pamela
stampindamour.com

Kara Ward said...

I can't wait to see you in a few days...I some how deleted an emai that said in the title Glimmer Mist. Leave it to me. LOL. Send it again if you have time...if not. Let's catch up. Kara

janel said...

Wow, when I saw this photo I couldn't believe how huge this event was. I had pictured in my mind, a much smaller venue. What fun! I am sure you will sleep well night. Glad you had a great weekend.

Catherine said...

Looks like you had a great time, wish I had been there!

Angie said...

Wow, looks like a lot of fun and great projects.

harrahx2 said...

Your projects are always stunning and leave me breathless. I just don't have that kind of talent. I am still trying to get together my darn package to send to you and you are just creating away.....what is wrong with me?

kim_sonksen said...

*sigh* I wanna live closer to you - that class would have been totally up my alley

Miss Shawn said...

Vicki~
Dianna Dell was up there too. Did you see the clock class she had? She's going to get a kit for me to do cause I love it so. Hope you had fun and drop me a line when you can.

Michelle said...

It looks like you had a fabulous time! I met with several friends a made Christmas cards! It was great!