Monday, December 01, 2008

Crafty Secrets DT challenge and give-a-ways announced

And the three winners are...

* I just need you three girls to send me an email with your addy's and I'll get those packages off in the mail to you.

Thanks everyone for playing along!

************************************************************
I'm so excited to pop over to the rest of the Design Teams blogs to see what they have created for this challenge. They are one talented bunch of designers.. so I know each one will be beautiful. I'll post links to all of their blogs at the bottom of this post.. so that you can check them out.
________________________________________

Since today is the FIRST DAY OF DECEMBER... and the countdown to Christmas is officially on..the challenge was to use either an image from the Christmas Image and Journal Book, or Stamps from one of the Christmas sets. ( or a combo of both).


I chose a combo of both. .... I used an image from the Christmas book and stamps from one of the new Christmas sets.... Christmas Joy



You can click to see the project larger




I used alot of the stamps on this set... mostly stamping just in black. The holly I added color to with chalk. The background frame behind the image is done by just repeating the holly stamp over and over to make a background paper.

I mixed some of the swirl stamp with the holly sprigs , here and there. I chalked the holly and used a glue pen and fine glitter on the swirls. ( kind of hard to see here.. sorry)



I also repeated the "Fa la la" stamp ..to run across the width of the paper.

I added pom pom trim to the bottom of the hanging. ( so what's new.. I know.. I know.. I always do) lol
I'm so impressed with this stamp set..because there is so much that can be done with it.

Here is a idea sheet that Sandy had posted on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog.. that show just some of the things you can do with that stamp set.

You can see how all of the smaller pieces can fit in to the Christmas bulbs, how the flourish is a hook to hang the bulbs from, or you can hang them from a fir sprig, a bow ect...
You can build with the little fir sprig or the holly to make a wreath or garland, then add bulbs, birds, snowflakes..ect..
You can check out the Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Gallery ... the Heartwarming Vintage Blog......
or the Design Teams Personal Blogs for more ideas using this set... the other Christmas sets.. and Christmas images.

Visit Our Design Team Blogs!
******************************
Vicki Chrisman Team Leader
Anna Wight
Lisa Zappa
Pam Hooten
Heidi Blankenship
Marisa Grosson
Vivian Peters
Michele Kovack

Thanks again girls.. for playing along!
________________________________

Hope everyone has a great start to the week!

18 comments:

Heidi Blankenship said...

Vicki, your altered hanging Christmas project is so Beautiful!! The image of the little girls is so sweet. I really love all of the stamping in black with little touches of color and the sparkle of the glitter!! Thanks for another great challenge!! Happy Holidays!!

Pam said...

Ack! I LOVE when you stamp Miss Vic! This is gorgeous, love all the sweet details!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

LOVELY!! Your pom-poms are always so stinkin' CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Vicki Vicki Vicki

You never cease to amaze you ----
BREATHTAKING!!! This has got to be the cutest card I have seen in a very long time WOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!

YOUR FAN
NICOLE

Calia Yang said...

OMG !! I won! how cool is that? Thank you for doing a great giveaway! also, your card is just AMAZING!! the color combo is just WOW!! everything flows together so perfectly! ^_^ hope your december starts off great! can't wait til christmas!! will email you in a bit.

Marisa said...

Lovely project Vicki. Love all the stamping that you did and the image is so so cute. Great idea to have the Falala all across the card.

Marisa

Angela said...

YAY me...I won! Love your altered Christmas project Vicki! Thanks for sharing!!!

Elaine said...

So charming, Vicki! I like the color choice and that you used more than just one stamp to make it! And of course adore your POM POMS!! :) (sorry, that came out kinda weird sounding!)

Michelle said...

yea! I'm so excited! I emailed you my address! Thanks again!

TattingChic said...

My hearty congratulations to the winners! I love your newest creations! I have to say that I always love your newest creations. You are so incredibly talented. Am I repeating myself; AGAIN!?! LOL! ;)

java_jenny said...

What a beautiful project. Love your blog & the Kenny Chesney Christmas somg too. Thanks for the inspiration!

Juliann said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Great job, Vic! Love that image and it looks so cute in your wall hanging!

harrahx2 said...

Wow, I love it. Again, you have given me great ideas, like combining swirls with holly! Love it.

cornellgj said...

Your project is darling! I also LOVE your Christmas playlist...I've had it on ALL DAY at work! :)

Jessica said...

How beautiful! I like the non-traditional colors, especially the pop of black.

Country Liv . . . said...

Stunning card Vic! You're so good with the stamping-I always smear or get a double print. The Crafty Secrets stuff is so thoughtful, KWIM? They didn't just say let's stick this here and this will fit there, they actually 'thought' about how it would go together and could be used. Love 'em!
Hugs,
Liv

Catherine said...

Congratulations to the winners!