Thursday, December 04, 2008

Glimmer Mist layout

I have spent the last couple of days working on a few projects for the Tattered Angels Catalog, so I thought I'd share a few of the things I've been working on. You can check the Tattered Angels Blog for more on this project.. AND some totally fantastic projects from the other TA Designers.
Also .. check out the new Tattered Angels website

The photo if of my cousins daughter.. Candice. Isn't she a beautiful girl? This was taken the day of her Senior Prom.
All of the TA pieces I used on this layout are Glimmer Glass.


The background design.. is one of the new "Glimmer Screen" releases coming up... (just a little sneak peek)

Beautiful stuff to work with.
I'll be sharing more TA projects , over the next week or so.


____________________________________________________
It's been windy and cold here the last couple of days. I cant seem to stay warm. Maybe because I can "hear" the wind whipping outside. brrrrr. ...
I decided I was making soup for dinner last night. Good time for soup!

I made my sister Jan's ... oh so delishioso "Sausage Kale Soup" I love it! We do all different soups for Christmas Eve , with the big extended family.. and she always makes this one. ( because I always request it) lol
Here is the recipe if you want to give it a try. It's SO yummy and super easy to make.
" Jan's Sausage Kale Soup" (8 servings 2 quarts)
1 lb uncooked spicy Italian sausage links ( the spicier the better)
3/4 c chopped onion
1 bacon strip diced
2 garlic cloves minced
2 c water
1 can (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth
2 c diced potatoes
2 c thinly sliced fresh kale or spinach
1/2 cup whipping cream
Peirce sausages . Bake sausage at 300 for 20-25 min in an ungreased baking pan- til fully cooked. Drain ..and set aside to cool. Meanwhile in a saucepan, saute onion and bacon about 3 minutes. Add garlic, saute 1 min. Add water, broth and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover and simmer 20 minutes or til potatoes are tender. Cut sausages in 1/2 lengthwise, then into 1/4 inch slices. Add kale, cream and sausages to soup. Heat through..but do not boil.

*********************************************************
Maybe a cup of tea with warm me up? hmmm
I think I'll give it a try.
Have a super day friends!

15 comments:

Nat said...

what a wonderful layout- I love tis!

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Great layout and beautiful girl! Your soup sounds good and looks good! Stop by my blog, I left an award there for you!

Angela said...

Gorgeous layout Vicki! Love glimmer mist...I must play some more with mine!

Thanks too for the blog award...now to find 7 others to recognize!!!

Linda said...

Love the layout! I also was just looking for some new soup recipes, so I will be giving yours a try:)

AliGripp said...

Yummy Vicki!! I am going to have to make that soup!! I love greens and Kale is one of my faves. Your layout is stunning. Keep warm...your wind has was blowing down here yesterday. Brrrrr

stampqueen said...

Lovin the look of the glimmer screens and the glimmer glass!!!
Soup looks yummy too!!!

TattingChic said...

Oh, that is so pretty...both the photo of the gal and the layout!

bnovacek said...

that is the BEST soup EVER!!! love it!

Deb S. said...

your lo of candice is so pretty and soft. candace is a beautiful girl... oh my gosh jan's soup kale soup is so delish!!!! hmmm guess what we are going to be having for supper very soon?! ;)

Shawn said...

I love the layout! That soup is wonderful my stepmom makes it too! Bethany is so funny she likes it but says she can only eat the broth the greens are too crunchy :) hehe

janel said...

Good morning. I have my tea in my hand right now, and wish we were sharing it together. That soup looks delish! Beautiful layout, Candice is a doll. Stay warm, it is more than freezing here so thinking you are under the cold spell too.

Country Liv . . . said...

Candice is a beautiful young lady! and your layout is super. I've copied the recipe of Sis's and am going to try it this weekend! Thanks for sharing.
Love,
Liv

Catherine said...

Thanks for reminding me I have Kale in the frig that neeeds to be used! Love the page, the glimmer glass is gorgeous!

Susan said...

Vicki,
This glimmer mist/screen background is gorgeous. And what a beautiful girl Candice is. I'm off to visit the TA site.
Susan

harrahx2 said...

That layout is beautiful. When you say glass, do you mean actual glass? Beautiful. I am going to make the sooup this week. I'll leet you know how it comes out.