Saturday, December 06, 2008

Saturday stuff


Busy day.. so lots of pictures and little writing. lol Today is my dh's Birthday. Happy Birthday Danno! lol We are having some friends over tonight for dinner and to watch a movie. ( that's what us "old folks" do with our Saturday nights.. don't cha know) Quite the party animals aren't we?
December is a big "Birthday month". My friend Becky shares the same Birthday as Dan... so Happy Birthday to her also!

__________________________________________________

Yesterday I worked on getting out the rest of my Christmas stuff, and even started my Christmas Baking to put in the freezer. I dont do anywhere near as much of that as I used to..but still love to do some.
It feels good to have that much accomplished. I put on some Christmas music.. and actually took time to just enjoy baking.
_____________________________________

While I was putting out the rest of the Christmas stuff, I gave some thought to this weeks photo challenge. It was to be something "fragile". However we interpret that.
So here are mine.




_____________________________________________________

Yesterday when I was out , I stopped into my favorite "treasure/junk store" , and was saddened to hear that they will be closing. BUMMER!
I found a couple "farewell" treasures.. and headed home "sulking" all the way. Happy with my treasures..but still sad they will be closing.

This green wood window frame was $3. Since I'm doing my kitchen Christmas deco in traditional green and red..for that price I had to have it. I had a blank spot in the hallway going to the muddroom that was needing something Christmasy.
I added eye hooks and strung wire in two places, and covered some clothes pins with Christmasy paper to hang old Christmas photos on.

$3 bucks.. kinda silly, nothing fancy..but for some reason.. I love it. I love seeing those photos every time I walk by.




The other thing I worked on Yesterday was something to replace the big "Summery" flower picture I had here. I didn't have much time.. just something quick..but it did the job. At least I don't have a "Spring/Christmas" theme going on anymore.


Okay... back to work for me. The buzzer on the dryer is calling.
HAVE A WONDERFUL SATURDAY!!



10 comments:

Elaine said...

Cute "seasonally correct" wall art, Vicki! ;-) Isn't it sad when a favorite place decides they are going to close? I've seen that too many times.... I hope the rest of our favorite places stick around for a while!

Precious Treasures said...

I recognize those ornaments. *grin*

Calia Yang said...

Happy birthday to Dan and Becky!!! ^_^ Hope your dinner/movie went well and was loads of fun! ^_^ I love your photos - very well taken! And I'm sorry to hear that your treasure store is closing. What great deals you got from them!!! Anywho's - I did a few cards with the things I got. Again, thank you so much! I'm really loving them and it's something different for me to work with. Thank you for getting me to work with something outside of my comfort zone!

MizSmoochieLips said...

Your picture "frame" is such a great idea!

Michelle said...

Everything looks so fun and enviting! I love the green window! Happy birthday to Dan!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to your dh! I love all your fragile photos and that window was quite the bargain! I love how you added the old Christmas photos. Too bad about your favorite store closing - bummer.
Susan

harrahx2 said...

I love the window frame and I think it could be a year round project with just a change of clothes pins! Very clever. I am thinking I need to order the house project to make for my niece. If I run into issues, I know who to call!

Catherine said...

It looks BEAUTIFUL.....love the frame for sure! So sad that the junk spot is closing....did she have some good deals you couldn't pass up?? xox.

janel said...

Loving your green window and your photos...very cute! Happy Birthday to Mr. Dan...hope he enjoys his cake and loving family!

Kara Ward said...

Oh, your blog always just makes me feel happy inside. So much merriness and creativity. I love it! Kara