Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Speeking of "memories"...

I think mine is failing me! For the life of me... I can not remember if I posted this before. duh! Seriously.. I couldn't remember , so I went back and looked through blog posts and didn't see it.. so I'm going with it at this point. lol Whatever... lol.. if you've seen it before, just smile, and humor me on this one. Oh brother!


I did this layout quite some time ago for the "Inspiration blog", which is .. no longer. I really miss those challenges .. and I loved being apart of that inspiring bunch of artists..but I'm determined to continue to find inspiration in the things around me... and post them from time to time. It's obvious we all find inspiration in the things around us, in our daily life..but I think it's fun to see the original object that inspiration was drawn from and then see the finished project.



I know.. I'm rambling again. lol Anyway... here's my layout.



The journaling on the side says... "Hold on to the things you love, the things you are.. and the things you never want to loose".



** I added a typed out sheet to the back of the layout , telling who is in each of the photos.



Top Row: my brother Gary, Me and my brother Dan, my Great Grandma and Grandpa Stoltenberg



Second Row: My cousins Paul and Carl with my Uncle Al in the middle, My Grandma Bendig, My sisters Donna and Sharon with my brother Gary.



Third Row: My sisters Sharon and Jan, with my brothers Ray and Dan. My Dad and my Grandpa Dunn, My Grandpa Bendig



Bottom Row: My Great Grandma Stoltenberg with my sister Donna as a baby, My Aunt Vivian, My Grandma Bendig.



*_______***_________*



Below is the magazine page I drew my inspiration from.



using this block design.. I could do a layout using alot of the smaller black and white photos that I've been wanting to use.




______________________________________

Thankyou Charlene for this Marie Antoinette Award. It is an award of inspiration

I'm passing this award on to

Elaine- A place for Ink

Darlene-Dar's Crafty Creations

Angela- Colorful Thoughts

Bev- Country Frog Creations

Ali- Lovingly Created

Cindy-Yapping Cat Studio

Paula-My Art Keeps Me Sane

Here is what you do...

post the guidelines...

1. Please put the logo on your blog

2. Link to the person from whom you received the award

3. Nominate at least 7 or more blogs

4. Put the links of those blogs on your blog

5. Leave a message on their blogs to tell them.
_____________________________________

I've been busy working with some new CHA release goodies from Tattered Angles. Oooh la la.. they are so fun! Can wait to get to show you the new things.. sooon.



Other than that .. I have come to one conclusion.... Our dogs are the laziest most spoiled dogs EVER!




I'm totally convinced, they think "they" own this house .. and they are just letting "us" live here out of the kindness of their little hearts. lol





Seriously... who has created these monsters? lol



I better go see if there's anything I can get them. lol

lol

11 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Wow ... thanks so much Vicki! I really appreciate this and am honored to receive it!! I find so much inspiration for you & many others and I'm so glad to hear that I too can inspire someone!

harrahx2 said...

I believe the phrase is: We pay the mortgage for the dogs....or something like that! Great page layout and congrats on your award. You deserve recognition for your creativity!

Charmingdesigns said...

Your dogs are to funny. I just love seeing what you do with your inspiration! Did you see the mittens I just put on my blog? Talk to you soon! Laurie

janel said...

Looks so comfy and cozy to me! What a wonderful tribute page, and such true sentiment. Always lovely.
Enjoy those four legged buddies!

chelemom said...

I have never seen this LO before! I LOVE it!!!! I love the inspiration piece too!

Monica Crowe said...

Hey Vicki, I hope you had a good Thanksgiving. Inspiration seems to be everywhere doesn't it? I think my two dogs think they own my place, too. What does that say about my puppy mommy skills? Hmm ...

Elaine said...

Hi Vicki!

I love the layout! That came out really really nice! Our dog is the same way...but she's smaller...hogs the hallway, sprawls at the top of the stairway so you can't get by, etc. etc...

Thank you for the award dealie...I'm working on putting it up. Had some car trouble today and got really lost down south yesterday so I've been stressing and not blogging much.

michelle said...

Just found your blog from a link from a link from a link..... but I will tell you that I feel like I do more for my dogs than my kids most of the time! Too funny!

Country Liv . . . said...

Love the layout Vic! You always have the most interesting photos and it makes me remember I have 3 boxes of them from my Dad's house that I need to go through. (I wonder if I'll ever do it before I pass on?!)
Oh, the pups! Looks like someone needs her belly scratched! Priceless! And the award is such a cool idea and you so deserve to receive it. Kim is still home and hasn't been hospitalized for a few weeks! Yea!
Hugs and Kisses,
Liv

Catherine said...

Your babies are adorable, I miss them! Hugs and kisses from me. I too miss Inspire Me...I wish it would come back!! Hope you have a great weekend! xox.

Ali said...

Congrats on your award Vicki, and TY for passing one to me. A huge "WOW" ----> I am so honoured. ((HUGZ))-Ali