Thursday, December 04, 2008

TECC45

It's Friday.. Taylors Sketch day! Again... huge thanks to Taylor for another wonderful sketch to work with. Here is the card I created with this weeks sketch.and here is Taylor's Sketch.




This set has so many fun elements that work well for cards OR layouts.


and .. oh.. how I love this stamp!






I've always been a huge "contrast" sorta girl. As much as I do really like muted colors..there's nothing like that "punch" you get with great color contrast. I seem to use black elements alot for that exact reason. Nothing better for contrast..then black and white.



This weeks Featured Cupcake Samplers is Cindy Lawrence The Creative Closet.
Please stop over and see the gorgeous creations made with this week sketch by Cindy and the

Cupcake Crew

Taylor Vanbruggen-Taylored Expessions

Monika Davis: M.A.D. Stamper
Jackie Pedro: The Scalloped Edge
Donna Baker: Serenity in Stamping
Ana Wohlfahrt: Ink A Stamp
Stephanie Hargis: Steph's Stampin' Stuff
Jami Sibley: More is More
Sherrie Siemens: Card Creme


*****************************************************


Some of you had emailed asking about the Crafty Secrets Christmas house that I made last year. Scrappy Gourmet has whipped up another batch of those kits for sale this year. You can purchase them here . Christmas house




It's a fun little project that is fun to set out..



or give as a gift.


Thanks for stopping by friends! Have a super weekend!

21 comments:

Jami said...

Very striking card Vicki - and that house is fabulously fun!

Jackie Pedro said...

Your card is a beauty in black and white, Vicki! Love the adorable house!!

Taylor VanBruggen said...

This is fabulous, Vicki! The black and white is so striking and I love the flowers combo at the bottom of the image instead of a the straight rectangle like the sketch! You are so creative! Hope you have a great weekend!

Stephanie Hargis said...

Wow Vicki! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the elegance of the black and white! The house is also adorable! :)

Cindy Lawrence said...

Wowzers! Such a striking, gorgeous card, Vicki! LOVE that fabulous house too!

Sherrie said...

Vicki...love the black and white, always classy and elegant. Those brads are darling too!

The Squared One said...

Hi Vicki, I gotta tell ya! Last year, I saw that little house and went CRAZY on a shopping spree for everything crafty secret and from scrappy gourmet!! But of course, all of my little houses are still flat in their packaging. I did take it out last night and looked at it, maybe I will get motivated seeing yours again :)

Donna said...

oooh, so elegant - so pretty (love your new pic!)

Steph K said...

Very elegant!

Michelle said...

you've had so many fun things on your blog the last few day! You're so festive!! This black and white card is beautiful! Your pooches don't look like they're loved very well! LOL! OH! and I received my package in the mail today. Everything inside is fabulous!

Catherine said...

Love the black and white on this!! Have a great DAY!

cindy said...

LOVE that card! May have to try that sketch out too!

c

janel said...

That little Crafty house is one of my favorites. So darling. Loving the Christmas music on the blog. Thanks for the inspiration and fun!

TattingChic said...

That layout/page is beautiful! The christmas house is adorable. I think I've said this before, but EVERY time I stop by I think I'm going to just take a quick "peek" and I end up being mesmerized by how well you put things together! You truly do have a beautiful talent; you lucky girl! :)

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh man!!! Do I ever like this card!!! Laurie

Calia Yang said...

Your card is so super beautiful! I love everything about it (brads ribbons stamp etc. You can't go wrong with black and white! Those 2 colors make things so elegant and beautiful! Also, that house you made last year is too darling!! very adorable!

On another note, I just received the package you sent! I am so loving it! I'll have to post on my blog what I create with it!

Scrapthat said...

Love those stamps Vicki!! perfect for framing accents on pieces! TFS Dolly

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Vicki. Love the black & white... that house is gorgeous! Love everything about it! TFS!

cheiron said...

Love your card..the black and white is beautiful. Very elegant!

Ali said...

That Christmas House is ***beyond precious!*** TYFS Vicki!

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, I love that card and the house is so cute. I want to make one! I can easily see the card as a great wedding card. Very elegant.