Wednesday, December 17, 2008

An the creativity flows

Well we had a great time together , just hanging out, and playing with paint and glitter. ha


We worked on little Christmas Shadow Boxes. I was inspired by this post by at Unabashed Repetition . I thought it was such a cute idea..and I had the shadow boxes in my stash.
___
It's always so fun to see each person create something unique just to them. None of our projects are ever anywhere close to being alike...that's what I love ,.... seeing how they all end up.


This is mine.. finally finished.
I decided to attach a clip to the inside (back) of the box , so that I can change out the image to another images or add a photo, ect...




You should be able to click to see it bigger ( the top image) ,but here is the image I used from the Crafty Secrets "Christmas Image and Journal book" up close.





Stephanies turned out darling!





I cropped it , so you could see it closer. So CUTE!



Shephanie was a speedy worker.. she was the only one finished when I was taking these photos..but here is a peek at the other girls .. so far...


-------


Below is Jessicas.. and I wish you could see the detail cut work she did on those trees. First she DREW them..then cut them all out .. ( every little bit) with a little detail scissors. Thinking "out of the box" , like the true artist she is.. she used the paper I had wrapped her little gift in ...as the backgroud for this project. It turned so beautiful.


Paula used a picture of her little grandson, William ....



How cute is that????? Ahhhh.....
\
Deb is adding a photo to her's later. Probably of her sweet little grandaugher Kaylie. I cant wait to see it all finished.


We had ourself a fun little gathering! ( why is it , I'm always talking in every photo)??? hmmm lol


me, Paula, Stephanie, Deb .. and Jessica down in front

You know you've been having fun creating .. when the table looks like this. lol

All around ... just a really fun afternoon. With lots of laughs!

Ya gotta love days like these.

22 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

oh my goodness!!! I LOVE your shadowbox!!!Where do you get the box? I love the idea of using the clip (ummm, where's the glitter on the clip??lol) Everybody did a great job! Laurie

chelemom said...

Each and every one of those is gorgeous!!! I wish I lived closer to you!

Bev said...

What fun you guys had and great work everyone - everything is sooo cool! I've decided I'm movin West! LOL!

Scrapthat said...

What fun!! Love all the shadow boxes!! TFS!! Hope you and yours have a great holiday

Sugar Bear said...

How fun and the shadow boxes are just darling. Each lady came up with a beautiful creation.
Karla

Staci said...

I love the shadow boxes...I wanna come play at your house too!

MizSmoochieLips said...

Oh wow!! Those are amaaaazing!!! Have your friends pick me up next time... I'll bring lots of wine ;) Heh heh!
Thank you for showing yours, they are SO VERY COOL!
Merry Christmas!

Viv (VivLyn) said...

They look adorable! I love the boxes...where did you find them? The idea of the clip to change the picture is perfect!

Elly said...

This looks so gorgeous!!! Love these shadowboxes, have plans to make one myself one day. I already have the frame! I think you had so much fun together! The pics are great!

Calia Yang said...

OMG!!! your shadow boxes are so super cute!!!! everyone did such a super job!!! makes me wanna go and do one now. and you all sure did seem to have fun!!!

Jessica said...

Your box is adorable!! What a cute idea. It must be so fun to get together with friends and create. I'd love to see all the final versions. They look great so far!

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, I had to laugh at the before table and the after table. I just got both blogs today so I read from the bottom up and had a good chuckle. The after table looks like my all the time table! Beautiful job on the shadow box. Just another project for "sometime' when I have time...you are so clever!

Rainy said...

I have questions as usual. Love, Love, Love these and plan on craft lifting. Is that such a thing? Ok what kind of glitter did you use on yours? In the picture of the baby did she cut his head out of the picture and put it on a printed picture? Okay that is all for now except I came across the leftover alterables I had some boxes and need your addy. email me rainyday64@sbcglobal.net

Michelle said...

You're having too much fun being creative! I'm jealous! :)

Charlene said...

I had some of that fence & those trees that I did not use on my cardboard houses in the sack to return to Hobby Lobby! OH NO! Not now my friend. Now... I will be in search of the shadow boxes. LOVE THE IDEA! Thanks for sharing.

Sharon in NE said...

All that creative juice flowing! Love what everybody came up with.

Linda said...

LOVE EVERYONES! Very cool/fun project. TFS:)

Paben said...

Oh it was a fun day!Thank You Vic!If I never told you haw much I love you I am now!I did add a little more to mine.I got Tracey's curtains done so now I am doing the Happy Dance!Merry Christmas!

Lori Craig said...

All I'm going to say is WOW!!

Kara Ward said...

Isn't this what life is about...sharing time with people you love. So much talent in one place and I love the shadow boxes. You girls are design stars in my book! Kara

Michelle M White said...

How fun! Those are too cute! i want you to teach at our store. Can't wait to see you at CHA!

cindy said...

Looks like such a fun time! And what wonderful things you all created! Each one so beautiful and cute! I love crafting with like-minded gals, so much energy and creativity bouncing around the room! Love all that ya'll made.

c

And a very Merry Christmas to you to my friend!