Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Whimsy little trees

Well, hope you're in the mood for Christmas music... because I just HAD to. lol I'll put the regular music back come January 1st. But if you get enough of Christmas music in the stores and don't want to listen to it here.. just click pause on the playlist ( sidebar.. bottom right)
It seems the last couple of years , I just have be alittle "bah humbug" compared to the past Christmas's..but this year, once I started putting out some of the decorations, lit my holiday scented candles and put on some Christmas Music... I definitely started getting in the spirit.
I think the excitement of Christmas comes easy when you have little ones in the house.. we just haven't had that for a few years. The boys are grown..and no Grandkiddos yet.. so it's pretty laid back around here Christmas Day. We have Christmas Eve with the Big Fam... so I really look forward to that.
I worked on these simple little silly whimsy trees the other day.
Just little bits of some of my favorite "Christmasy" papers.

I painted the little clay pots white and then added some Vintage glass Glitter.


They'll sit on my kitchen counter. The rest of the Christmas decorations on the house, are more creams, golds, greens, ect...but in my kitchen it's totally traditional Greens and Reds.
___________________________________________________
Before I go any farther... I have to say
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BABY! He's 23 today!

Love ya Jare bear!Hope you have a fantastic day son!

________________________________________________
As I've been working on putting out a few Christmas things little by little... I remember that I planted some holly, last spring. I have a sweet little bush now.. and I'm thrilled with it. Here is just a sweet little sprig I put in a bottle on the shelf. Oh.. why do these silly simple things thrill me so? lol

We haven't gotten much up out side yet..but I did pull out the wreaths and garlands

Still working on the tree ..little by little. I got rid of the really big "full" tree we had..because I hated having to move things around to find room for it. This one is much more narrow and fits better in the livingroom without having to move things around as much.

I had in mind ..just what I wanted for the center of the table ..but do you think I could find anything like it?.... no! Finally I bought the candle and the base and then found the greenery I liked ... tore the bush apart ..then got out some wire and the wire cutter and made the candle ring myself. Geezzz.. sometimes I wish I could just let things go..but if I get it in my head , and know what I want.. it's just gotta be. lol
ahhhh... I'm happy with it now.
I'll keep working on the other decorations, little by little...but I'm going to keep it simple this year. Sometimes simple is better right? ( easier anyway) ha ha
________________________________________________
Jumping to another subject...
Guess who is the Guest Designer for Crafty Secrets this month?
The very sweet and talented AMBER TOSH
I am a huge fan of Amber's work! Please stop over to the Heartwarming Vintage Blog to see the beautiful projects she came up with using Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Products.
AND....
be sure to put your name in for the Giveaway Sandy has going on over there right now.
4-25$ Gift Certificates!
_________________________________________
Okay.. check it out ..then go play. lol

21 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

OH!!! I Love those trees!!!!! So Cute!!!

Sharon in NE said...

The music, your trees and wreath, it just puts me in such a good mood!

Cassie said...

Your trees are so cute! You never should have to explain Christmas music! Especially when it's Kenny Chesney!

Sugar Bear said...

I love those trees! Similar to a project I'm working on. Happy birthday to your son!
Karla

harrahx2 said...

Well, as you can tell by my blog picture, I am a huge Christmas fan. Your home is amazing and your tree is so elegant. I decorated one room yesterday with my snowman collection and said to my husband,,,I have too much stuff! I need to get rid of stuff! So much memory guilt with stuff......thanks for sharing your beauty and reminding me that less is more...not that I can do that yet but soon, honest.

Monica said...

Adorable trees and I love your real one as well!

Jessica said...

Your trees are so cute! I love the scalloped bottoms. And the candle ring turned out gorgeous!

Lisa Foster said...

I LOVE your little trees! So CUTE! Looks like you are all ready for the holidays...your centerpiece, wreath & tree are gorgeous! Thank you for the nice Christmas music...I enjoyed it while I read your blog :)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Happy birthday to your little one! they don't stay little long...

You just won my November giveaway, please email me your address and I'll send it off to you.

janel said...

Happy Birthday to you sweet one! Gosh, that is a darling photo.
Great trees, and I loved your Christmas music. Your wreath on the window...very neat. Hope you have a wonderful week.

Elaine said...

What fun to see how your son has grown up! Wish him a wonderful day from us too!

And thos

e little button trimmed tress...yowza they're cute!

TattingChic said...

Happy Birthday to your son! How fun.

The whimsy trees are oh so adorably whimsical! I love 'em!
Your wreath and other Christmassy photos are so fun and festive as well!

AliGripp said...

Your trees are darling!! And oh how I love that wreath over the window...I want one!! I loved turning 23, I was on my honeymoon with my cutie pie hubby!!
Take care,
Ali

chelemom said...

LOVE Those little trees!!! You are so dang clever!!!!!

Charlene said...

The Holiday Music helps put us in the spirit. I sooooooooo feel the pain of the big tree. I put my 9 footer up this weekend. Do you have any idea HOW MANY ornaments it takes to fill that hummmer?????

I left you a surprise go visit me & see. Have a great day

Judy B said...

Just love all the Christmas thing...but just lovin those Christmas Trees Miss Vicki!!
Congrats to all winners!!

Bev said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me to receive this award! I've been SUPER busy and am just now trying to catch up.

I just LOVE those trees!!! I'm liking trying new things this year to give away (CASE'ing alot of bloggers LOL!)....a little less store shopping!

I'm glad to see you had a great Thanksgiving....mine was truely EVENTFULL!! Come over and visit and you will hear why.

Have a great rest of the week and weekend!

P.S. Thanks for the Xmas music and Happy B-Day to Sonny boy - 23 where does the time fly right??!!

Paben said...

I love your trees!I said to tell Jared and Dan happy birthday on the phone but you'd already hung up !LOL!We need to get together and thanks for the award!

Debbie Kaste said...

Love, love, love the trees. I'll bet your home is just awesome with all your creative ideas....

Catherine said...

Your house looks awesome all dolled up for Christmas....can you make my house your next stop?? I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to do anything! Your trees are great....I've been thinking of making one of those button ones I saw on 2Ps the other day.....we'll see how much free time I have....miss you. xox.

Ali said...

Pretty pretty, everything, esp the tree! WTG Vicki!