Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday sorta stuff

Well, I woke up this morning ready to check the weather to see what we were in store for. Mom was supposed to have another eye appointment in Omaha..but we had heard the wind was supposed to really kick up and snow was in the forecast for later the afternoon. After debating , we decided it best to reschedule... and boy am I glad we did. I'm looking out the window , thinking, "We'd be in Omaha in the middle of this?" No thanks! Happy to be home where it's warm and cozy.
I pretty much figured the mailman and the UPS guy would be bringing some work to me today "in the form of boxes of CHA stuff"..but while I was waiting .. I decided to work on a layout, just for fun. Using these gorgeous Websters Pages papers..that I've been drooling over, here on my work table. I fell in love with these papers the minute I saw them. Terri Conrad is just incredibly talented. I love her work!
Anyway... I finally used some of my precious papers. ( you know a paper is good when you don't want to cut into it.) but luckily I bought two of each! lol

I love this photo of mom holding Addison. It was taken last year on moms birthday. Addison has grown alot since then. My mom is a Mother 7 times, a Grandma 14 times, Great Grandma 21 times (22 in just a couple weeks), and soon to be a Great Great Grandma for the first time.
And she loves them all like they were the very first one.

When I ran across this saying I knew it was the one I was going to use. I remember the day when this photo was taken. Lots of people , cake, gifts.. all that..but in the midst of all that I looked over , and there sits Mom and Addison.. so quiet and content like there was no one else in the room.
That's my mom.. as busy as she and dad were , working and raising all us kids..they always took time for "us". Lucky kids!

*********************************************************
brrrrrr...... here's a little glimpse of what I see when I look out the window. Just "hearing" it .. the way the wind in blowing , is enough to make you shiver!
I'm "IN" today!

But , that fine with me..because look what the UPS guy brought a little bit ago....

I big ol box of brand new yummy Fancy Pants products! Woo Hoo! I'm gonna play tonight! lol

19 comments:

MJ said...

Wow! Am I the first to post a comment? Your mom is in great shape for being a great-great-grandma! What lovely memories she's making too that you are capturing in scrapbook pages!

Enjoy your box of work!

Terri Conrad said...

Hi there Vicki,

girl, every detail of your LO is perfectly precious in every way. Thank you for your creative expression. You know I'm a forever fan of all you do.

Happy (warm & cozy) day to you -

Terri Conrad

DeniseLynn said...

That photo of your mom and Addison is sooooo precious! I love the layout you did with it too. I hate to see that photo because I know that wind is heading our way. Folks are saying it's supposed to hit us hard tonight and tomorrow too. There's already a boat load of snow and that wind is sure to make trouble for us. Yikes! Glad you and your mom are warm and safe. Take care.

Elaine said...

Glad you stayed at home safe! Hope your next visit isn't snowed out! I can't wait to see what you make with your new box of goodies! :)

Cathy said...

You lucky girl! Can't wait to see what's in store with the new Fancy Pants.
We had horrible winds today, too! Crazy!
Love, love, the layout!

Bev said...

I just love the layout! I wouldn't want to cut into those papers either. I

've gotta ask, where do I sign up for CHA and to get great boxes like that in the mail to have fun (work) with??? HUH??? I'm so jealous!!!

Happy crafting - I can't wait to see what you'll post next.

chelemom said...

What an incredibly sweet LO! And yep, that is pretty much what it looks like here in Chicago.....snow Monday, snow Tuesday, snow Wednesday, snow Thursday.......*sigh* At least you got some fun mail!!! I am a wee bit jealous! : )

Sharon in NE said...

This is what we saw when we looked out the window:













yeah....white. Even the mail carrier didn't come. Oh well, its good to coccoon. (Good thing I work from home.)
I LOVE that page you made of your mom and Addison. Just precious!

Nat said...

This page is so amazing!!! Brr and the weather looks cold at your neck of the wood :-)

Ali said...

What a gorgeous page! TYFS: Your Mom looks so quietly thrilled to just "be" with Addison. such a loving LO. Well done as always!! (Webster's Pages pps are a fave of mine too.)

Enjoyed seeing your winter weather pic... and GLAD you stayed home safely. Blowing snow is the WORST here too. Ick! We are forecast a bad storm coming thru the night Tuesday and into Wed. The kids are hoping that = no school, and it very well may! I like it when we are ALL home safe. :o) Have a **Great Day** Vicki!

Vicki said...

Wow! What a heartwarming LO. Not only is it scrappy beautiful, the photo and title speak volumes.

~Sasha Farina~ said...

aww the layout is sooooooooo precious!! your mom is beautiful!

Micki said...

I love that layout. But then I love all your creations :-). I actually thought of you last night as the winds were howling here in NE Kansas. (and thanks for the comment on my site - I was actually embarrassed because I am such a bad blogger/writer, lol).

Sugar Bear said...

What a wonderful photo of your mom and Addison - she has such a look of love on her face.
Karla

harrahx2 said...

Your mom is so beautiful. She always looks so serene. The weather outside is frightful, to be in side, delightful and made even more so when you get new goodies!

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Gorgeous layout! I love all your little touches to it!

Calia Yang said...

oh wow!!!! beautiful layout!!! just too precious! love the paper and omg - so super cute!! totally loving it!

stampqueen said...

I LOVE the layout of your Mom!!!!
Brrr looks cold up there but it would be nice to have a good excuse to stay inside and craft - I need to get the weeds out of my flower beds so I can do some planting soon....

Paben said...

Oh I love the latest layout and pics of your Mom and Addison!So who of the great grankids are expecting?Must be Donna's or Sharons?I was thrilled to be home when the wheather hit and the mailman brought me A bag of goodies from an Art friend of mine!We did A goodie exchange!I just played with my Art all day!