Sunday, January 18, 2009

NEW Fancy Pants " Mixed Media 8x8 books"

Oh man... I am SO Excited about this new little goodies that Fancy Pants is releasing this CHA.
They are "Mixed Media 8x8 books". You can check the shapes HERE on the Fancy Pants Blog. ( and lots of great samples from the DT)


Each Mixed Media set comes with 3 chipboard sheets, two felt sheets, 1 transparent sheet, 2 printed transparent sheets, and three binder rings. You can mix and match any of the sets.. which would be SO fun!
I loved stitching on the felt pieces. If your not familiar with Fancy Pants Felt.. is not that light weight flimsy stuff. This is great.. nice and firm.. so it totally holds it's shape.


Here's a photo of it straight on... so you can see how thick it is. I love this stuff.. it's a joy to stitch on.


The new paper line I'm using is "Delight". Chipboard ,felt, rubons, buttons and ribbon are also all Fancy Pants.



I just take my CatEye inks and rub them over the chipboard pieces. Between that and Glimmer Mist for Chipboard, I rarely dig out my paints anymore. This is just too quick and easy.. ( and I like the effect).

I used all my fave pictures of Griff in this book.


Here you can see one of the printed clear sheets.


I cant wait to do another one of these Mixed Media books.. I can really see now, just how endless the possibilities are. Paint, ink, stamping , stitching, you name it.. you could do it in one of these.



Like I said.. each set comes with 3 binder rings.. you punch the holes and add them were you want.

I laugh at these photos of "the many expressions of Griff" everytime I look at them. lol

Cute rubons to match this paper set also.



I have LOTS more layouts and projects to share this week.. using new Fancy Pants Products.

Cant wait to show you more. Yay.. finally. lol


*******************************************************

Dont forget to leave a comment here if you want to be put in for the giveaway of the "Clearly Albums" book from Design Originals. Read more about it in this post.




ENJOY THE DAY!

14 comments:

Deb S. said...

omg what a darling book!! i love all the great photos of cutie pie griff! thanks for sharing with us vic!

TattingChic said...

Very cute! What a darling little boy! :)

Linda said...

WOW! Very smart of them to come up with a mixed media book like this. Plus, 8x8 is the perfect size. TFS:)

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Great, great, great!! Griff is such a cutie!!!

chelemom said...

This is so cute!!!

rose said...

oh ROFLMBO!! our minds must tick the same I was just going to post this sneek peek on my blog on the mixed media ,oh will have to find something else arent they just darling and wonderful mix to play with see big possiblities with these
oh love the phtos of little grif and beautiful work

stampqueen said...

Love the idea of a mixed media book and its a great size too - great way to get to try a little of everything (like an old fashioned embroidery sampler :)

Bev said...

I love this book!! Your pages are great! I can't wait to see what else you have to show us!!

Have a fun trip!

MJ said...

Fabulous layouts and photos of Griff!

Pop by and see my craftroom before it gets messy with stuff moving into it!

Catherine said...

Wow, what a cute book, and so much work. I love the cover...awesome!

Pattyjo said...

He is sure growing fast and what a cutie!

MJ said...

Give that little Griff a hug! And another one! And another one! ....

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read that blog. Thank you for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. BTW, why don't you change design :).

Anonymous said...

Interesting post you got here. I'd like to read a bit more concerning that topic. Thnx for posting this info.