Saturday, January 03, 2009

Sharing

Somedays you just gotta love the dollar bins at Target. ha I used Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Images to make these keychains. These images are from random sheets of vintage cuts from Craft Secrets. You can see them all here.
The first one says "Where's the sale". The second one says "Even when apart.. you're in my heart"


The blank keychains come in a 3 pack like this for 1 $. The backs come off so that you can add a photo or an image. SO easy! I added a little charm to a couple of them. You could add charms , ribbon , whatever.


I also used CS images to make these paperweights. I added lace and buttons around the edge of mine. This image is from the "Girlfriends" Image and Journal book.

They had other "cheesy" images in them. But I just soaked them for a few minutes.. and they came right off. Again .. Target $ bin.

While I was at it (using clear pebbles) .. I made this refrigerator magnets with images from the "Cooking" Image and Journal book.


Last night after I got home from Omaha.. I decided it was time to clean up my room (and my closet in my craft room) ... um... getting a little out of control from me digging through stuff lately.
ahhhh... feels so good to have it tidy again!
I had some new art supplies from Altered Arts Magazine.. so I need to get them out where I could see them .. and use them! I had got this shelf .. 50% off , some time ago and just hadn't gotten it hung. That's because I needed to do some rearranging to find room on the wall! This room isn't that big.. and trust me .. I try to utilize all the space the best I can.

I also went through the closet..and the three big boxes of alterables. (you know.. the stuff you plan to alter... someday). I worked on organizing until almost 2 am.. and was so tired I fell into bed.. ready for a good sleep. Dan stayed at the cabin last night.. so I had the whole bed to myself. I just fell sound asleep and woke up to the faint sound of an alarm going of. I had forgotten that this clock (that had an alarm that never did work) was one of the things in one of those boxes.
I got up and followed the sound.. quickly realizing it was in one the the big boxes. (WAY AT THE BOTTOM of the box). I was so tired there was no way I was taking the box down off the shelf and dumping it all out to get to that box at 3am. I was so tired I just shut the closet door , the door to my studio and turned up my sound spa on my nightstand... hoping to drown it out. I'm thinking to myself.. "that battery in there HAS to be so old.. it will die soon and the beeping will stop". NOT A CHANCE
I did get back to sleep but I could always hear the beeping off in the distance. WHY didnt I just take care of it at 3am? Why did that clock never work before.. now.. suddening, when I don't want it to.. it does? Why is it batteries are always dead in things you NEED to use.. and will NEVER die when it's in an old alarm , going off in the closet at 3am???? lol
When I got up this morning .. it was still going off...............SO .. I finally had to dump out the whole box and find that stupid alarm clock.
Before taking the battery out.. I reset the time and the alarm.. just to try it.. because I could never get it to work before.. and do you think I could get that thing to go off again???? Nope!

****************************************
An award...

Thank Sasha for this award! Sasha work is amazing. You can check it out here. I'm honored that she passed this on to me.

I'm passing this award on to


Check out these girls blogs..you'll love what you see. They are all so talented!
Okay.... have a fun day, however you plan to spend it!

22 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

Thanks girlfriend!!! Love the little alarm clock though...I hope you didn't hit it with a hammer! lol. Love what you did with those key chains! you know where I'm headed this afternoon.lol. Laurie

Shawn said...

Thanks for the award you are too sweet. :) You sure have been busy crafting! I love my mm wall organizer too I think I need about 5 more though! Hugs to you! We need to get you to KC soon for a craft day :)

Catherine said...

Hey Vic, thanks for the award....you are a great friend! I'll get it posted on my blog soon! Sounds like you are doing great and keeping busy, that's a good thing for sure! Hugs and xox. Cat

happiness blooms said...

OMGosh, you just crack me up! I'm surprised you didn't just sit down and start creating again at 3am! LOL!
Thanks for the award Ms. Vic! I am totally humbled that you passed this on to a *crazy stamper*! :o)

Sharon in NE said...

Great clock story...annoying alarms have a life of their own.

Charmingdesigns said...

I did it!!! I got the key chains...I have two painted...check in with me tomorrow!!lol. Laurie

Pam said...

ACK! I was at Target yesterday and saw the paper weights and just passed right on by, geeeez, lol!

I didn't see the keychains, knowing me I would have passed those up too, you are such an inspiration!! Too bad Targets an hour away, pfffft!

Paben said...

Love your dollar store finds and makeovers!I think that Alarm clock was just screaming out to be Altered! Hmmm What do you think?

kim_sonksen said...

Thank you so much for the award! I am thrilled to bits to receive such a cool award from you.

i know I shouldn't but I had to laugh about the alarm clock story...how can something that looks so cool be so mean? LOL. But I hear ya on those soddin' batteries and it could have happened to me too, that's for sure. I would be the same - rather than sorting it out, just closing the doors

Jane Wetzel said...

Hey, I sure love reading your blog! You crack me up! I am sure going to Target today--hope we have this stuff here!! You are amazing! TFS! LOLOLOL Jane W.

Ali said...

"Ack" re: the alarm clock story- ohmy... annoying and funny at the same time... Cracked me up! TYFS.

Have a super day! You are such an inspiration Viki- everything looks GREAT! !

Elly said...

Woehaa... your alarm clock-story made me smaile! Oww.... what a night! Love the little things you've made and your shelf is great!!! Lovely space to store things!
And what a surprise you gave me this beautiful award, thank you sweetie!!!! I feel so honoured!
Have a great and creative week!

Gail S. said...

Yikes! The closest Target to me is Kearney (1 1/2 hours away) they will probably be out by the time I get there!! Your key chains and magnets are so Cute! Wish I could stay up cleanat night but I am exhasted by 10:00!! Love your blog.

harrahx2 said...

Everything is so cute. You see potential in so many things that I always overlook. Love the fridge magnets. Well, back to work tomorrow.......big sigh, as 6am will come awfully quick and I will want to bury the alarm in the closet, but like yours, it will continue to ring until I wring if out!

Elaine said...

That's too funny about the alarm clock...it just figures, huh!? I love the hanging organizer..I wanted one but didn't have space for it on my walls...time to clear and de-clutter in my house...ugh.

Creative Mish said...

My daughter is moving out next weekend and my plan is to make her room my craft room! I can hardly wait to get it organized. I have no idea where to start! LOL!

Eleanor said...

Nice post =) I love that shelf! Your stuff looks so neat and organized.

Precious Treasures said...

Love the keychains. I will have to remember that next year for all those little gifts I have to get.
I had to laugh as I have that same white shelf for my crop room I got 50% off at Mchaels and it is still sitting there.

cindy said...

Hmmmmmm, will have to go hit those Target bins again. LOL. Somehow I missed those!

c

chelemom said...

You're too funny! Love your keychains and paperweight. I have an entire basement filled with alterables. Someday, I will get to them!

cyndi said...

ok that is sooooo funny. i was just out shopping with my girlfriend and she picked up some of those keychains at target...and i was like..."are you nuts??" aparently not! they are sooo cute!

MJ said...

Ohhhh, Glimmer Mist! It's almost worth a trip to the border to try to find some!

Love the crafty secrets altered projects! I have a stash of the Crafty Secrets stuff now so need to find some of those keychains! Love 'em and the magnets. Incidentally, I just posted my Crafty Secret winter magnets!