Friday, January 02, 2009

TECC 49

Hey Everyone... hope you had a wonderful New Years Eve and Day....................and are off to a great start in 2009!
Today is Taylors Challenge #49.....and it's a Special day over on Taylors Blog.. as it's release day for new Stamp and Sweet Impression. You can check it all out here. CUTE!!!!

Okay... here's my spin on Taylors Sketch

Taylors Sketcha few close ups
I wish the lighting was better, sorry.
And here are the supplies I used.


This weeks cupcake sampler is Carolina Buchting at Carolinas Creative Pad
be sure to pop over and check out what she created with Taylors Sketch and also the creations of the rest of the talented Cupcake crew.

************************************************************
I had to laugh when I was was getting ready to unload a couple of photos from yesterday.. why?
Well because I had no photos of people. lol I knew I hadn't taken many photos at all.. and that's okay... I was just caught up in enjoying the day. But my camera is always close enough to grab.. it's just that I seemed to not get any people shots.
But food.. yep. I can tell you one thing.... it's a good thing the holidays are over.. if only for the fact.. the endless food.. has got to stop! eeek

The guys watched the game .. and everyone was thrilled... ahhhhhh... a win for the Huskers!
Celebrated Nebraskas win.. and the new year with a little Asti.











Everyone stuck around for dinner.. and even though.. it was a paper plate meal... it was great to sit and chat around the table.
Now today , it's back to reality.... work.. and a salad!
Hope you all have a wonderful day!


15 comments:

TattingChic said...

Very cute Scrappin' art! Your table looks festive and fun. Have a fabulous New Year! :)

Sharon in NE said...

Asti was very appropriate! Sweet win!

Sherrie said...

So cute Vicki! Love how you enlarged the circles in the sketch....Happy New Year to you!

rose said...

oh love your take on the sketch and oh I have those embellis need to use them up!
Oh now you are making me so hungry here

Shawn said...

Go Huskers!!!!! What a good game that was! Your card is adorable! At first I thought you had used the cuttlebug embossing plates they must have some that resemble those stickers. Very cute!

Gail S. said...

Love your card and Love the Huskers!!! What a great game!! Happy New Years to you!

chelemom said...

Love the card you created for the sketch!!! So cute!

Donna said...

love all the sparkle on your card - it's great! Happy New Year!

Elly said...

Hello Vicki! Thank you for a year full of inspiration!!! Wishing you all the best for 2009 my friend!!!!

Vicki Boutin said...

Darling card! Happy New Year, my friend!

Creative Mish said...

What a cute and fun little card! Love the circles. and wow! look at that spread of food! Sounds like you had a great time! Happy New year!

happiness blooms said...

Only you could take cutesy stickers and end up with something sparkly and vintage! LOVE IT!
hey... when I come to NE will you cook for me? :o) Whatever you had for dinner looks scruptious!

harrahx2 said...

Even your paper plate setting looks great! My favorite foods were together on one plate, brownies and rice crispie treats. I tried to make the but they never taste as good as......anyone else's~

Elaine said...

These pictures tell all...a thoughtful hostess and a fun time! :)

The counter and spread look divine...wish I were there to partake! lol

Go Huskers!

Precious Treasures said...

I do the cranberries and candles every year at the holidays also. Take real snow and add to it right before your party. A friend gave me that tip a few years ago and it is beautiful.

Looks like a GREAT party!